Sign in to follow this  
exposedsoul

An addition to UV?

I was thinking maybe would could add a "division" of UV that could scrim. There are a lot of people that are in UV that talk about wanting to scrim, and people who want to join that want to scrim. I kinda sorta tried to start something a few months ago [AiD]. We'd need a clan "scrim" server if possible. Just an idea to throw around.

People have tried organizing stuff like that but its never be able to amass to anything. I even remember practicing with our team for one. I'm horrible at actual CSS, therefore I only play ZM, but I would suggest you convince an adviser or higher to manage/organize a scrim team.

I'd be interested,

probably Once I'm back up to speed in skills in the winter I could help organize this shiz,

all ya need is a good core set of players.

Well, all we'd really need is a team of 10 who could scrim 5v5. Have 2 people to call out the strats and just play against each other everyday. I use to be in [Rangers] and [blackOps] Way back in the day and we had scrims all the time.

I think playing against the same people everyday would get boring. If they were to add a private server for us to scrim on, I think it would be a good idea to make a new steam group for just the uv's that would be seriously interested in scrimming and just the take 5 available people online at the time. If there's 10 of us and we all want to play at once, hell sure let's scrim each other , but I think we should make it a point to scrim others also, whether it be other clans or pugs, whatevers on irc at the time. Not only does that give a bit of variety, and challenges but the chances of all 10 scrimming uv's on at once is little.

Maybe that helps?

But other than that I would be interested, I've played competitively not too long ago.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1deag.brii @ Sep 23 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I think playing against the same people everyday would get boring. If they were to add a private server for us to scrim on, I think it would be a good idea to make a new steam group for just the uv's that would be seriously interested in scrimming and just the take 5 available people online at the time. If there's 10 of us and we all want to play at once, hell sure let's scrim each other , but I think we should make it a point to scrim others also, whether it be other clans or pugs, whatevers on irc at the time. Not only does that give a bit of variety, and challenges but the chances of all 10 scrimming uv's on at once is little.

Maybe that helps?

But other than that I would be interested, I've played competitively not too long ago.

Don't think of it too simple minded. You play 5 v 5 to improve strats, and get more organized as a team. I never said play ONLY each other. :rolleyes: I just said play each other everyday.

Do not jump to conclusions sir, I am not the simple-minded type.

I thought your intentions were to create a casual semi-organized event. Like our public server, but with 30 less people and add some communication and work more maps. Not so much of a commitment. But we'll see where this goes I suppose. I will have to check with Famine, but I think we still have a hidef private server not currently in use much. Let me know.

I'd be in during the winter scrims,

kyle you were in cal? fo show I was too in hl2dm, on team 911, always got our asses wooped by SW

First off, CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL?!

STOP BUMPING OLD THREADS.

YOUR NOT IN THE CLAN SO YOU ARE NOT ELLIGABLE FOR THE SCRIM TEAM IF WE SET ONE UP.

Dunno but he definitely passed UVR phase a while ago... He's on wcs2 all the time. I guess people didn't get round to giving him member status.

I would say this idea has been tried but failed. 3 times 1 by project 1 by me 1 by only on tuesdays.

The problem is people say they will come for a tryout but later on they don't. Eventually you wont have any people in.

If your going to do it you have to have an punishment for those who say they will come for an tryout but won't come. Unless they have an eligible excuse.

Guest ShadySTDs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nifer @ Oct 4 2008, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I would say this idea has been tried but failed. 3 times 1 by project 1 by me 1 by only on tuesdays.

The problem is people say they will come for a tryout but later on they don't. Eventually you wont have any people in.

If your going to do it you have to have an punishment for those who say they will come for an tryout but won't come. Unless they have an eligible excuse.

Make them pay to be part of it... That way only the serious would sign up and be part of it; although allow practices to be open to every one else so we can help the team and hone our skills in too.

Sign in to follow this