Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

What we need

I still think we need a CoD4 server. We had a fair sized population playing it, and as you can tell, there's already at least 5 more people who want one and for some fucking reason didn't see the 2 huge ass posts I made about getting it for free... BF2142 I think is another sweet idea because I know in the past we had a couple of BF2 servers that did fairly well for a while, and all BF2142 is BF2 streamlines and a fancy futuristic skin applied.

I saw your posts, and wanted a COD4 server, But I couldn't play for two reasons.

A ) My computer couldn't play it. I have a new one now.

B ) I didnt have COD4. And I didnt plan on getting it untill my computer was fully built, but it is now, and I have COD4.

Lots of people want Gmod. It wouldnt have to be high slots. There is many gamemodes out there and it would be easy to get people to play on our server because we have lots of people who can idle/populate and we can invite friends.

2142 would be cool to try. At the moment there are no populated Titan/Tampa servers and that it popular/my fave.

Berlin would also be good.

Lots of people also wanted all of those other servers, 10+ for each of them. Each of these games we try will fail because we are a CSS clan. We don't have enough members that have these games to keep them populated.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zan @ Sep 23 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I saw your posts, and wanted a COD4 server, But I couldn't play for two reasons.

A ) My computer couldn't play it. I have a new one now.

B ) I didnt have COD4. And I didnt plan on getting it untill my computer was fully built, but it is now, and I have COD4.

Good god, everyone uses B) as an excuse. WE HAD A CRACKED SERVER!!!! You didn't even need to buy the fucking game to play on it...

Lol, Read A again...

And as for being a CSS clan, we need to get away from it, and go to new games, as Hobo said, Garrys Mod is VERY close to css, and its cheap, So people can easily buy it. (Legally) That will be a good start.

My style of gaming is I play a game for a while. Get bored. Swtich games. Play that for a while because Im not bored of it. And cycle through my games. I got bored of CSS now and I play Gmod. I try to play css occasionly but Im just bored. Next on the cycle is 2142 OR COD4.

What Im saying is other might get bored of CSS eventually like me and play anouther game. Then they can play on our Gmod Server. We need to get anouther game server or try other games, it increases our fanbase and helps us to expand.

Thats exactly how I feel.

Its like your my soulmate...

<3..

But seriously, I am bored of css. I over played it for a year straight. If someone wants to donate 30-40 P2 says we can try a server out.

I do that too. I was into CSS, then went to CoD4, then went on to Guild Wars, came back to CSS, then went hardcore into 2142, and now am switching a bit into Eve. CSS is my catchall though, whenever I'm bored I fire it up. But I think this clan needs to move away from Source as a whole. CSS and other Source titles are getting old now. People have their favorite servers already picked out and its difficult to pick up new people. If people had played CoD4 it would have been the perfect time to start that server. It had been out long enough, a few months or so, for people to go out and pick it up, but not long enough to weed out the hardcore players and get them set in one clan. If we had set it up we woulda had a huge following. I'm not saying CSS is a bad game, its just showing it's age a little. Do they even sell it in stores anymore?

Lots of stuff has failed but Gmod is a source game so we can advertise on our CSS servers. Lots of people with CSS have Gmod as well. Just a lot of hardcore advertising and population at the start and it will take off.

Plus Gmod is a lot more customizable. New tools, scripts, gamemodes, models come out all the time and we can make them.

Guest Phoenix2

Well guys, it seems that Zan, NicNeverExisted, and UltaPonch were all willing to donate around $24 to be used to purchase a 12 man Gmod server. I don't know if $24 is going to be enough for a quality Gmod server as Gmod is known to eat a server's cpu greatly compared to any sort of CS:Source server. I know that for a fact.

I've been playing a lot of Team Fortress 2 lately and I'm really getting used to all the gameplay options, maps, and player-preferred configurations of popular TF2 servers in place. An idea has been floatin' around in my head. Why not get our own TF2 server? If we did I'm really liking the Payload setup. We'd probably go the Goldrush/Dustbowl route and maybe some other PL/CP maps, coupled with some Fast Respawn plugins. I'm quite knowledgeable of SourceMod and the goodies it can deliver. ^_^

Whatcha think guys?

Phoenix2

24/7 Goldrush would be the way to go imo. Easily the best map. I'd be iffy about changing the respawn times though. The way they have it set up now is that the spawn times shift depending on how far along the teams are, if we started tinkering with it, we could unbalance it..

meh TF2 server failed remember? You told me over Xfire to join it and i did and no one was on for 2 hours straight D:

I wouldn't be able to buy Gmod, don't even know what it is...

I'm just no to it.

TF2 maybe.... I suck at TF2 though

I still think Gmod is a bad idea. It might seem we have a lot a people who want it, but I think its more of a small number of people who have large voices, if you understand what I'm trying to say. I think it would fail just as fast as our other Source mods. I think branching out to a new game is a better idea. I mean despite Gmod being different from CSS, its still similar enough that people just get old of it after a while. TF2's different enough that its new and refreshing.

Sign in to follow this