Sign in to follow this  
MindSpring

Same Sex Relationships

1 2 3 GOOOO!Its%20OK%20TEE.jpg

So I just met up with one of my ex's and she is dating a really nice girl named sadie, we hung out and they're really happy. And they told me they sometimes needed a guy for sex nights.

I just changed my position on gay marriage,

Whats your stance on this often Religiously Fueled debate?

Guest starscream

sounds like you got it made if(sandy == hot){do{bone(sandy, exgf);}}

sounds like you got it made if(sandy == hot){do{bone(sandy, exgf);}}

Tourettes-one.gif

Not really,

But yeah I have been kind of ignorent on this debate, and I finally got involved and I want to talk about it.

I have always found it interesting that the main proponent of same sex marriage bans is the same party that has, historically, run on the premise of smaller government (running on and enacting are, sadly, two different things).

The clear answer for me as a socially liberal individual is 'who the fuck am I to impose my beliefs on you' (much the same as my views on abortion). My answer as a libertarian, with respect to government, is 'who the fuck are you and what are you doing in my house.'

Guest Fohacidal

OMFG GAYS ARE GONNA END THE WORLD! WHY CREATIVE, WHY!!! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN THE WORD OF GOD!!!

Oh, I guess you can tell im just joking around... D:

I try to take a neutral position, but however being catholic and knowing someday the apocalypse will eventually happen I think same sex couples aren't in the best interest of the human race (no offense creative) and to put them on equal terms with straight couples is wrong (physiologically speaking)

Marriage is another matter...

Really I think your pretty stupid if you only agree with gay couples because you happen to know a hot lesbian couple who uses for sex, its actually pretty ignorant to...

Guest some fag

On one side, I feel that it is a person's choice, and their right to like whoever they want... Then again, it is wrong physically, religiously, and mentally, and shouldn't happen. In terms of marriage, no, it shouldn't happen. Ever. Never ever never never ever never ever. Why? Two reasons: 1) Marriage is more or less a Christian custom (though it does expand over more than just Christianity), and as such it goes against God's word, the Bible, and Christianity as a whole. 2) It's pretty much socially unacceptable, especially among devote Christians, more specifically Catholics.

On one side, I feel that it is a person's choice, and their right to like whoever they want... Then again, it is wrong physically, religiously, and mentally, and shouldn't happen. In terms of marriage, no, it shouldn't happen. Ever. Never ever never never ever never ever. Why? Two reasons: 1) Marriage is more or less a Christian custom (though it does expand over more than just Christianity), and as such it goes against God's word, the Bible, and Christianity as a whole. 2) It's pretty much socially unacceptable, especially among devote Christians, more specifically Catholics.

Here is where I agree and disagree with you. It all comes down to what is and what is not a marriage. I define a marriage to be a state approved union between two people. I would venture to guess that you are defining a marriage to be a state and church approved union between two people.

While historically marriage has been a religious institution, currently there are secular rights being given to people who marry that are expressly not given to those who are not (as the most common example, hospital issues). I don't really care if the Vatican ever accepts that being gay isn't unnatural (I am neither saying it is or isn't), but to only allow a portion (admittedly much much larger portion) of the population access to various rights and to, in return, disallow those rights to others is unfair.

Past that more objective argument, and going more into the subjective touchy feely area, for my government to say Billy Bob and Sindy Lou are allowed to love each other, but Cletus and Banjo... shit guys you are up a creek, well that just makes me a sad panda.

So to recap, Church can marry whoever the fuck they want to when they want to and to whom they want to; Government though, gotta give equal rights.

I personally to not have a problem with it becoming legal. I just think it is not natural and that whoever is gay is a retarded who will ruin their lives.

Okay? Why would becoming gay ruin someones life? I think you are an idiot for thinking that if someone is gay their life is ruined.

OMFG GAYS ARE GONNA END THE WORLD! WHY CREATIVE, WHY!!! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN THE WORD OF GOD!!!

I try to take a neutral position, but however being catholic and knowing someday the apocalypse will eventually happen I think same sex couples aren't in the best interest of the human race (no offense creative) and to put them on equal terms with straight couples is wrong (physiologically speaking)

Really I think your pretty stupid if you only agree with gay couples because you happen to know a hot lesbian couple who uses for sex, its actually pretty ignorant to...

Yeah, seriously if you only believe something because you're getting laid.. Then you don't really believe it at all probably, you just love it because you get some. But pretty much by saying that, you said "I'm better than them because I'm straight." Why does it make you any better than someone that finds love in the same sex?

But I think that saying it's wrong to allow gay marriages is nonsense. People that think of it don't think of the entire picture. They think about only their religious belief or whatnot. Honestly, I lose respect for someone that is against gay marriages. Here is why.

1) We live in a country where there are special benefits that only a married couple get. Even though our constitution protects us from religion and state, the truth of the matter is, they do. (If someone doesn't under stand what I'm talking about, I'm talking about marriage more of a Christan tradition)

2) Why in the hell does it matter if a girl likes a girl or a guy likes a guy? What makes you king shit saying they can't be married? How does it hurt you at all?

But the whole Christian tradition states that no man or woman shall be married, I can't really argue with that. But until the country finds a way that married couples don't get any more benefits then anyone else, I stand that gay marriages should be allowed.

I personally to not have a problem with it becoming legal. I just think it is not natural and that whoever is gay is a retarded who will ruin their lives.

Im sorry but, that doesnt make sense. Being gay doesn't ruin your life, unless however your an idiot and have sex with every dude your state (your bound to get something). Please explain more in depth please.

I've got no problem with them, it's their life and if they want to live it like that, fantastic. They don't bitch about me being straight, so why should I bitch about them being gay?

I take a completely neutral stance on gay marriage though. If they want it, good for them. If the government doesn't want to give it to them, good for them. Not my problem.

We should be beyond the point of caring which sex the person to our left or right is more interested in unless we're interested in them. I think gay marriage is going to be the next civil rights movement where people hopefully come to their senses a little more and realize everyone is a person as cheesy as that sounds.

For gay marriage...it shouldn't be illegal, separation of church and state and all that fun stuff; but at the same time it shouldn't be done in the same fashion that a religious marriage is done. Until the Christian religion or whatever the hell marriage type someone is copying when they're getting married recognizes gay marriage as official it should be done as a civil union, or as a different religion that accepts gay marriage would have it done.

Guest Fohacidal
Okay? Why would becoming gay ruin someones life? I think you are an idiot for thinking that if someone is gay their life is ruined.

Yeah, seriously if you only believe something because you're getting laid.. Then you don't really believe it at all probably, you just love it because you get some. But pretty much by saying that, you said "I'm better than them because I'm straight." Why does it make you any better than someone that finds love in the same sex?

But I think that saying it's wrong to allow gay marriages is nonsense. People that think of it don't think of the entire picture. They think about only their religious belief or whatnot. Honestly, I lose respect for someone that is against gay marriages. Here is why.

1) We live in a country where there are special benefits that only a married couple get. Even though our constitution protects us from religion and state, the truth of the matter is, they do. (If someone doesn't under stand what I'm talking about, I'm talking about marriage more of a Christan tradition)

2) Why in the hell does it matter if a girl likes a girl or a guy likes a guy? What makes you king shit saying they can't be married? How does it hurt you at all?

But the whole Christian tradition states that no man or woman shall be married, I can't really argue with that. But until the country finds a way that married couples don't get any more benefits then anyone else, I stand that gay marriages should be allowed.

1. Gay Marriage laws are negotiated by state governments...

2. Its almost an insult to me that 2 guys can get the same marriage rights as a straight couple. Marriage has always existed through christianity, probably beginning back in the days of the christianity in the Roman Empire marriage was always defined as the union between a man and a woman. To expect me to sit there and agree to same sex couples taking away this holy union and wanting the same rights as married couples is appalling... This is also why I dont understand athiests getting married, I know several couples that dont but for the ones that to its just ironic...

Also where the hell did I say I was better then gay people? Nowhere did I imply that, not even by accident.

Take two hot dogs, and eat them together at once with your condoments.

Is that right? NO

Only a Bun and hot dog is right, actually two buns are alright if ya get what im sayin.. lol

But seriously, its the persons choice, just dont try and impress it on me.

I see Foh lurking.

Yeah, here it comes. . .

That's just appallingly ignorant. How exactly will being gay ruin a person's life? Has it ruined Elton John's, Nathan Lane's, Neil Patrick Harris's, Ellen DeGeneres's or Mary Cheney's lives? Anyone who allows sexuality to dominate their life can ruin it, gay or straight.

I sure am glad you have special knowledge about the end of the world. Because we all know how insane people who pretend to know about that are. I sure am relieved that you really know about it, otherwise, you might just be another lunatic. . .

If it feels right for a person to express their sexuality a certain way, with a consenting adult, how can it be wrong? I don't believe that there is such a thing as "homosexuality" and "heterosexuality." There is only sexuality. Almost all of us have it, it's the same damn thing, and beyond that it's just a matter of preference. Why exactly is it immoral to express your feelings for the ones you have them for?

As far as marriage goes, separation of church and state means that the government can only concern itself, and its laws, with the legal implications of a marriage. Churches should remain to have the right to refuse marriage to same sex couples but the government should not. It is a personal choice and the government has no business interfering with it. It's unconstitutional and has to end. And it isn't "a Christian custom." Marriage by mutual consent was common before Christianity in several cultures. It was not until the 1500's that Christian marriages even required a priest or record. It has little to do with Christianity, and more to do with the churches that were in power at that time.

Guest Fohacidal
I sure am glad you have special knowledge about the end of the world. Because we all know how insane people who pretend to know about that are. I sure am relieved that you really know about it, otherwise, you might just be another lunatic. . .

Your hilarious, I didnt mean it seriously, I was just trying to emphasize that all same sex couples do is slightly lower numbers of kids in orphanages...

This could be said about many things..

Like biological warfare(Spellin?)

Guest Fohacidal
This could be said about many things..

Like biological warfare(Spellin?)

What is your point and how is the analogy even pertinent to the discussion?

I really don't care, people can live how they want to, but it is disturbing of the stories I have heard of gays having a marriage, just for the financial benefits.

Obviously it goes against the Christian Religion, and science, I mean its obvious 2 males or 2 females cannot produce a child.

But as I said, its your life, do as you wish, I just don't want you shoving it in my face with parades, I don't see any straight pride parades.

Well its time for the gay opinion. OK so lets start out with a ban of gay marriage. I would like to start by saying gay marriage is protected by the constitution. Amendment 1 states Freedom of RELIGION, speech and press. Now I would like to turn to the fact that marriage is a religious institution and therefor the government cannot (should not I should say) stop a religion from marrying gays. Now as for the legal benifits I believe that we should be given full priviledges just like any straight couple. If to people love eachother why does it matter if they are of the same gender, love is love and no one should be denied it.