Sign in to follow this  
UltimateOreo

=(UV)= Rank System

If everybody wants to get this specific down to the exact wording of everything, consider this a rough breakdown.

This is a level system, it gives privelages based on numbers so we can keep track of it and treat everybody equally.

This system is a privelage, not a right. If you want to apply for it, we welcome you to do so. That does not mean you are entitled to anything.

We get what you and everyone else is trying to say... But you see, that analogy doesn't work... We have BEEN in the clan for a LONG period of time... A more realistic analogy would be: "You owned a shop out of your host for 5 years, then you converted it into a storefront business". You would still have been a shop for 5 years, it's just you ran it out of your house. We have been members for a long time, we have just been members outside of a ranking system (I'm one of the few who actually remember the original L1, L2, L3, L4, and L5 ranking system... Before I quit, I was L4). Your analogy doesn't work, and their thinking does really work either.

He quit around the time me and others quit because of complications in the clan, CC90's immunity (pretty much), and Secure's permission to stick around. That and some other issues.

Secure secure secure.... I was almost L3 or was L3. Now because of those complications, the good ol' UV members are gone. Poop, InsaneJap, etc.

thanks for havin my back foh <3

I now am comparable to a new UV member in rank according to this "lovely new system" I find it ironic that this is what "the leaders have put together to better the clan" when the clan is comprised of members . . . many of which see flaws in said system. Flaws that cannot go unfixed . . . or the "ranking system" as a whole is just going to be something we tried and failed. Maybe I should quit and reapply for membership . . at least then it wouldn't have been wasted time. ;)

It's surprising how ungrateful people can be considering it costs nothing to be in the clan.

With that said, I still appreciate all who donate, purchase admin, and all clan members.

I am taking all of the older members complaints into thought though. Once things calm down a little bit I can start working on something for you guys, but ATM I'm pretty much swamped with other things on the internet but mostly I'm just busy IRL.

Pretty sure no one would care if you died.

Ever since you came back you've been a douchebag to most people.

Hitherto I didn't care. But you're letting your arrogance get to your head. And it's kind of annoying.

Recommend: Getting over self.

Guest some fag
It's surprising how ungrateful people can be considering it costs nothing to be in the clan.

With that said, I still appreciate all who donate, purchase admin, and all clan members.

I am taking all of the older members complaints into thought though. Once things calm down a little bit I can start working on something for you guys, but ATM I'm pretty much swamped with other things on the internet but mostly I'm just busy IRL.

It's not that anyone is being ungrateful, it's that this whole ranking system is unfair, not that we have to have it at all. I don't see why you can't implement an actual ranking system that puts people where they ACTUALLY are at, not just all at the beginning. If you want, I'm sure plenty of us could help out at reviewing people's stats and putting them in the rank they belong.

Like Oreo said. Its a privledge you dont have to do it. If you dont want to post 50 times for free admin, then dont apply.

I don't see how a ranking system is a privilege. The bonuses it gives you are privileges... You guys should get those who volunteer (currently me and Foh) to go through all the members, and put them in their respective ranks. That way we don't have any issues. I don't think anyone would be complaining about that being unfair.

Guest some fag
It's because it's not a ranking system, it's a level & benefits system, as described above.

It is a ranking system... It's just a poorly thought out one... At least, in terms of who it applies to. Levels are in relation to a rank, and those benefits go along with the rank. If you're in the clan, and you have the option of not being in the rank, it just complicates things, and makes things harder, which is the exact opposite of what a ranking system is supposed to do.

If you were the one organizing it, you would understand how wrong that is. By trying to imply this to everybody, we run across a couple limitations. There are at least 300 people in this clan, and trying to get their records and organize everybody without their cooperation is near impossible. If people want ranks, they have to come to us so that we can ensure all of the information and to verify they are active.

I'm done arguing Zeus. This is not a ranking system so you can boast to the lower people that you are a higher rank than they are, that has no point. This is a system to deliver benefits to active members of the community. It is not for any kind of organizational purpose.

Guest some fag
If you were the one organizing it, you would understand how wrong that is. By trying to imply this to everybody, we run across a couple limitations. There are at least 300 people in this clan, and trying to get their records and organize everybody without their cooperation is near impossible. If people want ranks, they have to come to us so that we can ensure all of the information and to verify they are active.

I'm done arguing Zeus. This is not a ranking system so you can boast to the lower people that you are a higher rank than they are, that has no point. This is a system to deliver benefits to active members of the community. It is not for any kind of organizational purpose.

Well sorry, but the way you have said it over and over makes it seem as if you designed it to be optional- not to be an easier way of implementing it.

However, it couldn't take more than a day or two... Could we at least scout for volunteers and make it a possibility?

You have to understand, I'm not arguing to argue, I'm arguing to try and understand what you're getting at and bring to light what me and the other members feel.

Gives me somethin to do...

This is how bored I am...

Capture-7.jpg

Yes, I did go through and view them again and again and again..

Guest some fag
Why waste our time for people who won't be using it?

Why waste time implementing a half-assed ranking system? To be honest, that would be all it is unless we go through and do it for everyone. All I'm saying is, why not give the full blown a chance? If we don't have enough people to do the work, then skip it and go at it your way.

If it's worth doing at all, it's worth doing right.

If you want to call it half-ass because I am not wasting my time dealing with inactive members, call it half-ass, but I'm not going to take the time to set this up for people who are not going to use it.

Guest some fag
If you want to call it half-ass because I am not wasting my time dealing with inactive members, call it half-ass, but I'm not going to take the time to set this up for people who are not going to use it.

Dude, don't you get what I'm saying? You wouldn't have to do anything more! You could just leave it to us, and if you don't want to do it to all the inactive members, we can skip them until they come back. It is an otherwise great ranking system, and very well thought out. I do apologize for calling it half-assed, but come on... It just wouldn't feel complete.

You know me better than this, I hope I'm not getting under your skin (though I'm sure it's nice and warm).

Guest some fag
I think it's a lack of communication.

Very clearly, tell me what you think could improve the system. I've gotten lost in the clutter.

Ok, what I think should be done is you should let us help make this a clan wide rank system. I think it is a great idea, but would only show any real advantage if it were unified. So far there's Foh, Zan, and me that are willing to help, and I highly doubt we would have any problems with people volunteering. Many hands make light work, as they say. Now, the other thing I think should happen is that members who have been here for a certain amount of time or meet a specific criteria should be put ahead. Now, I'm not talking being put automatically at the top or something, nor do we even have to give them the privileges associated with that rank, it would just appease those who think it's unfair that they have to start off down where people who have just only joined do. Again, with others helping, it wouldn't be that large of a task.

Tell you the truth, I think if they actually DID set it up for everyone, there would be so much admin abuse that it wouldnt even be funny.

And that could be dealt with accordingly, just like any other admin distribution.

We can use the roster, each person(volunteers) goes through and asaigns(Spelling) ranks to each person and then a jcs or some one picks the best list

Guest some fag

Yeah... But don't make any decisions without me... I'm going to bed... Stayed up for quite a while now.

Why not just make implemented into clan membership? New members would automatically be at level 1, and you would post a request to move up a rank once you have met the requirements. And for current members, we should be allowed to use our current standing duration of being in the clan, as well as current post count. It might be hectic at first with all the apps, but this way it would clear out the inactives and still keep the old members happy.

The way you have it set up now kind of hurts the old members and benefits the new. Wouldn't you want to please the veterans that have been in the clan for a long time and have been there to support it and make it what it is now?