Sign in to follow this  
UltimateOreo

=(UV)= Rank System

That's right, the long awaited =(UV)= Clan Member ranking system is finally here! After several grievances about getting nothing for dedication to the clan, we realized something needed to be done. Thus, the ranking system! Members can now earn several perks for being a dedicated member of the clan.

Here's a quick rundown of the system.

Upon joining =(UV)=, after a persons 2 week recruitment trial, they become a clan member. A clan member is not automatically a part of the ranking system; they have to apply for the ranking system. This is to cut down on the staff's workload and help us control the ranking system better.

Any clan member can apply to the ranking system. You will have to fill out an application answering a few questions for our records. You earn ranks by being in the clan for certain amounts of months, playing on the servers for predetermined amounts of hours and posting on the forums. Beware, you can also have your levels taken away for misconduct! There are 6 levels that members can earn, and with those levels come certain perks-

--------------------------------------------------------------</span>

People who are applying for the rank system who already meet some of the requirements may keep their current amount of hours played on their servers for their rank requirements, although when applying, we will regard their post count as 0.

This is why we need a record of their post count when applying so that they need the amount of posts needed for the next rank on top of their current post count.

For example, somebody that is on lvl I, if they want to apply for lvl II, they need 50 posts on top of their recorded post count in their application to enter the rank system, here's another example-

<span style="color:#FFA500">Anon joins =(UV)=.

2 months later, Anon enters the rank system as lvl I with a total of 60 posts.

After 1 month, Anon applies for lvl II, and had a total of 60 posts when they applied for the ranking system. He needs 50 posts on top of that because we regarded his 60 posts when applying as 0, total of 110 posts to be considered for lvl II. This goes for all ranks and their respective requirements.

For those of you who want to display your rank in the servers, please use the following tags! You are NOT required to wear these tags, but if you want to display your rank in the servers, wear the following tags after your name!-

Level 1- lvl I

Level 2- lvl II

Level 3- lvl III

Level 4- lvl IV

Level 5- lvl V

Veteran- Veteran

Examples-

=(UV)= Anon lvl I

=(UV)= Anon lvl II

=(UV)= Anon lvl III

=(UV)= Anon lvl IV

=(UV)= Anon lvl V

=(UV)= Anon lVeteranl

I know, I know, it's a LOT of stuff to read, but if you want to apply and understand our ranking system, it's absolutely necessary that you read it all! Questions, comments, or points of clarification? I'll be more than happy to hear them. Good luck achieving your ranks everybody!

Guest Fohacidal

Sweet, now if someone happens to get past recruitment today and becomes a member they can reach high levels just as fast or EVEN FASTER then people who have been in the clan for over a year! Complete win for the vets OBVIOUSLY!!!

Foh has a point. I think it'd be wise for people who are REAL vets (Me, Fetus, Zeus, Contract, etc.) should be able to start at a higher level or something. Cause uh, I have everything required atm for V. Lol.

I don't get why post counts really matter . . . It proves nothing about clan involvement except you know how to reply to posts . . . and spam

::edit:: also I've been in the clan longer than most of you . . . before this forums wasn't even live . . . way before we switched forums. so pffft :P

Sweet, now if someone happens to get past recruitment today and becomes a member they can reach high levels just as fast or EVEN FASTER then people who have been in the clan for over a year! Complete win for the vets OBVIOUSLY!!!

I don't know if you are joking or not, but not very funny if you are, and plain disrespectful if you are.

This is the fairest, most maneagable and practical way that we found we could introduce a ranking system when the clan is already this big. As said in that thread that I can already tell people didn't read, every member must go through every rank.

Guest Fohacidal

I want to apologize for the sarcasm.

Anyway just let me explain my post, while this new ranking system (just like the original intention of Advisor) was to please the vets with nice rewards it is still very flawed and Ill tell you why.

First off its really not pleasing anyone and is only making vets, with that said, people who are vets will still have to dedicate a whole year just to reach a status equivalent to what they are at this moment. What this does however is now some new member could get in and go up in the ranks just as fast as lets say project (shaggy). That member (anon) will have reached lvl 4 in half the time it took shaggy to hit level 4 because past dedication to the clan doesnt mean squat anymore, and to make matters worse the ranking system is introduced at the beginning of the school year. While this isnt a problem for me (senior w00t w00t) many other of the bigger vets wont have the time to do all this stuff anymore.

Anyway just thought Id ELABORATE

I don't get why post counts really matter . . . It proves nothing about clan involvement except you know how to reply to posts . . . and spam

::edit:: also I've been in the clan longer than most of you . . . before this forums wasn't even live . . . way before we switched forums. so pffft :P

Post count is an indicator of forum activity. Even if you were Phoenix2's father and are the one who suggested he make a clan, merely lurking in the forums and not contributing to our community's discussions does not help us grow. We appreciate your dedication for sticking with us so long, but we would like to see more involvement from people wanting to be part of this system in the forums. This is a way of giving perks to people who are active both in the forums and in the servers.

And in response to Foh-- exactly. This is to keep things fair for everyone. Stick around and you will get the benefits.

(It's not like many of the Vets havent been rewarded at one time or another, either.)

I agree with him, I read almost every single thread. But most the time I don't post because I feel there is nothing for me to add. If I wanted to get my post count up, then I could just spam the threads with useless answers or responses.

Guest Fohacidal
This is to keep things fair for everyone.

Then I suggest Oreo edit his first post to reflect that this disregards prior dedication to the clan and lets everyone from here on out regardless of "clan age" get the same rank.

I want to apologize for the sarcasm.

Anyway just let me explain my post, while this new ranking system (just like the original intention of Advisor) was to please the vets with nice rewards it is still very flawed and Ill tell you why.

First off its really not pleasing anyone and is only making vets, with that said, people who are vets will still have to dedicate a whole year just to reach a status equivalent to what they are at this moment. What this does however is now some new member could get in and go up in the ranks just as fast as lets say project (shaggy). That member (anon) will have reached lvl 4 in half the time it took shaggy to hit level 4 because past dedication to the clan doesnt mean squat anymore, and to make matters worse the ranking system is introduced at the beginning of the school year. While this isnt a problem for me (senior w00t w00t) many other of the bigger vets wont have the time to do all this stuff anymore.

Anyway just thought Id ELABORATE

I don't exactly feel like going through the personal hell to promote everybody that already meets their respective rank. It wouldn't even be worth it. This way we can track everybody, further promote activity, and you must keep in mind that these kinds of systems are supposed to be introduced when the clan is started, not while we have this many members.

A ranking system, gasp.

A whole month between applications is fricking crazy but whatever. I'm not gonna waste time doing it, I already know I am level 7 - legend. Psch.

Guest Fohacidal
I don't exactly feel like going through the personal hell to promote everybody that already meets their respective rank. It wouldn't even be worth it. This way we can track everybody, further promote activity, and you must keep in mind that these kinds of systems are supposed to be introduced when the clan is started, not while we have this many members.

I know, but you gotta understand, something similiar to this was created months ago in the form of advisor and even then it isnt enough and never will be. I just feel sorry for some of the other guys who will have to keep on working for stuff you know what I mean?

Guest some fag

Well... Nice, well thought out ranking system... Good job, Oreo... However, I do agree that it's a bit unfair that those of us that have been here for a long time (I'm 2 years and running...) have to start out at the bottom... I'm not saying that we should automatically be put at Veteran or some shit, but if there is some sort of compromise that could be worked out, I'm sure that would make Foh stop bitching.

Well... Nice, well thought out ranking system... Good job, Oreo... However, I do agree that it's a bit unfair that those of us that have been here for a long time (I'm 2 years and running...) have to start out at the bottom... I'm not saying that we should automatically be put at Veteran or some shit, but if there is some sort of compromise that could be worked out, I'm sure that would make Foh stop bitching.

...you've been here two years and you think Foh will stop bitching?

I see where you're coming from though, a compromise would be nice, but you would need to talk to Oreo.

Hahha fetus.

Project has Admin. We have MOTM. Foh is GFX Ldr. Contract is Admin. Zues havent seen him a long time he once was a leader, than left than just hanged around the forums than like 4-5 months ago joined back the clan. Mental has Admin. Fetus has admin. I have admin. Hobo has admin D&G has admin. Bios has admin. Yiyas has admin. Pheonix/ADV was removed due to lack of activity. Polis same thing. Those two in my perspective should've gotten admin but oh well.

Thats all the vets i can name on top of my head right now.... And how are they not benefited? I mean sure it took a while for it to happen but it did thats the point.

Guest some fag

I rejoined a lot longer than 2 months ago.

Guest Fohacidal
would make Foh stop bitching.
...you've been here two years and you think Foh will stop bitching?

I see where you're coming from though, a compromise would be nice, but you would need to talk to Oreo.

I really dont see how its fair you two can get away this posts like this and when I make one angry remark about I dont know, classic zm, Im called a troll. Not to confirm the bitching but wow you two are serious tools...

I really dont see how its fair you two can get away this posts like this and when I make one angry remark about I dont know, classic zm, Im called a troll. Not to confirm the bitching but wow you two are serious tools...

Troll.

Jk, you know I love you [much homo.. (OMFGWTFDIDHEJUSTSAY!?!)]

Guest some fag

It's pure sarcasm, buddy... But still, the reason I'm not called a troll, is because I'm laid back about it, whereas you're more aggressive.