Sign in to follow this  
UltimateOreo

=(UV)= Rank System

Yes, everybody starts at level one. Keep in mind, this is an optional program and you don't have to perform in it. We can still promote people on case by case basis and give them powers/legend status not associated with this rank system.

I just don't get what you're saying . . . . the ranking system is a system. There shouldn't be "special exceptions" unless they're clan wide. Making "exceptions" will flaw the system thus destroying all (if any) integrity and foundation it has.

Nobody listens to what the members have to say . . . only what the "leaders" do. *shrug* oh well I'll just go back to my rpg surf / wcs corner.

No offence to ANYBODY. But stop whining. Oreo and me and everyone else in leadership worked very hard on this and you guys are just trashing it. It is a OPTIONAL system, its meant to reward people in a FAIR way. Sure we could make it easier for people who have been here a while but then the newbies will bitch, and who knows they might end up being here longer than you. I know it sucks starting at 0 but look at the rewards, its all the things you asked for and wanted. It may be hard but we cant give free admin to everyone. Were giving it to people who are dedicated and work their way up the ranks. You dont have to join the rank system and you might deserve it anyways but we want things to be fair.

Pretty sure if I stayed in the clan, and kept playing UV servers, I'd be a little higher than veteran.

with 156 posts lol jk anyways this is gonna be a lot of work to do lol cause we got a ass load of members in this clan

Guest Fohacidal
No offence to ANYBODY. But stop whining. Oreo and me and everyone else in leadership worked very hard on this and you guys are just trashing it. It is a OPTIONAL system, its meant to reward people in a FAIR way. Sure we could make it easier for people who have been here a while but then the newbies will bitch, and who knows they might end up being here longer than you. I know it sucks starting at 0 but look at the rewards, its all the things you asked for and wanted. It may be hard but we cant give free admin to everyone. Were giving it to people who are dedicated and work their way up the ranks. You dont have to join the rank system and you might deserve it anyways but we want things to be fair.

I fail to see how people like mental and contract have to start anew just to get recognized, but not only that, get recognized just as fast as people who have been in the clan for under 4 months. That is completely the opposite of fair and completely skewing what the vets have been asking for. Also the newbies dont have the right to bitch because they are newbies, since when did veteran mean "someone who spent little time doing something"? As far as I am concerned if I new member whines because a 1+ year vet gets some recognition he is stupid.

Also another flaw in your post, you only mention the leadership doing this, when will the clan AS A GROUP decide on how these things come out. Its pretty arrogant of you guys to just throw stuff out there, think its perfect and then complain when we find imperfections. Im pretty sure none of us want to bitch but what did you expect, we had no say in the creation of this...

[/rant]

Guest Fohacidal
I know you may deserve it but still THIS IS FAIR because you all start the same.

You fail to see how its actually unfair that from this day 1+ year and 3 months is now the same thing in ranking eyes, and months from now when people can qualify for vet that one person will have around 2 years on his belt total and be at the same level with someone who is at around a year and 3 months. All the extra time and dedication to one single clan means squat now.

Like Oreo said this is for new clans not old ones with many members.

We need to keep track of this stuff and we cant just have long time members skipping ranks and getting more.

Im sorry.

Foh, I'm sorry we cannot create this system with your every conveniance and exception in mind, but this is the best way that we could do it with all of the variables that we face when trying to implement a system like this.

You are pretty much rewarding the newer members. You should make some rewards for the vets that have actually spent time on forums, how long theyve been in, and its not just all spam and just afking in spec on the servers. If you make the vets start out like the newbies, then thats pretty much them wasting 1 year and a half and be in for another 1 year and a half to get what they should of already deserved. But then again, my opinion doesn't matter..

Guest some fag

I don't understand how this is a ranking system if it's optional... It's more like the free Best Buy rewards crap... A ranking system is meant to put order in the clan, and to keep things uniform. If it's optional, it's not a ranking system, it's a reward plan.

I think this should be a clan wide situation, not just those who decide to join it.

I think they're trying to say its from when the ranking started, and not from when you first joined. Say you owned a house for 5 years and then converted it into a shop, you couldn't say you've have a shop for 5 years.

*Hope someone gets what I'm trying to say ;p*

Guest Fohacidal
I don't understand how this is a ranking system if it's optional... It's more like the free Best Buy rewards crap... A ranking system is meant to put order in the clan, and to keep things uniform. If it's optional, it's not a ranking system, it's a reward plan.

I think this should be a clan wide situation, not just those who decide to join it.

It would be to "complicated" for the people up above, I tell you what, I would not mind dedicating 1 whole day to organizing the ranking system of UV based on time on the forums, and gameplay time as long as everyone posts their stats and stuff. Non forum goers will be left out but hey they made the choice where they didnt care what happens when they decided to never check it.

I know you may deserve it but still THIS IS FAIR because you all start the same.

Just gonna say something my teacher always said, this is not fair, fair is treating someone on their level, you are treating us equally, not fairly.

He always said "I will treat you fairly, but not equal".

I'm not complaining just making a note.

:P

Pretty sure no one would care if you died.

I love you Waffle thats the funniest thing I've read all day. Not to get off topic of the tread but, why did you quit, if you don't mind telling me, Waffle?

You fail to see how its actually unfair that from this day 1+ year and 3 months is now the same thing in ranking eyes, and months from now when people can qualify for vet that one person will have around 2 years on his belt total and be at the same level with someone who is at around a year and 3 months. All the extra time and dedication to one single clan means squat now.

Agreed

Guest some fag
I think they're trying to say its from when the ranking started, and not from when you first joined. Say you owned a house for 5 years and then converted it into a shop, you couldn't say you've have a shop for 5 years.

*Hope someone gets what I'm trying to say ;p*

We get what you and everyone else is trying to say... But you see, that analogy doesn't work... We have BEEN in the clan for a LONG period of time... A more realistic analogy would be: "You owned a shop out of your host for 5 years, then you converted it into a storefront business". You would still have been a shop for 5 years, it's just you ran it out of your house. We have been members for a long time, we have just been members outside of a ranking system (I'm one of the few who actually remember the original L1, L2, L3, L4, and L5 ranking system... Before I quit, I was L4). Your analogy doesn't work, and their thinking does really work either.

I love you Waffle thats the funniest thing I've read all day. Not to get off topic of the tread but, why did you quit, if you don't mind telling me, Waffle?

He quit around the time me and others quit because of complications in the clan, CC90's immunity (pretty much), and Secure's permission to stick around. That and some other issues.