Sign in to follow this  
UltimateOreo

=(UV)= Rank System

i'm not stating that some of the active vets haven't been rewarded for staying with the clan. I've been in it since Turtle God Slayer recruited me . . . back when our most populated server was an RPG mod (non surf) server. I can't even keep track how long. Roughly 3 years or so. I could give a shit less about admin powers or perks. I just hate sitting back and watching new members work their way up the "ranks" because they troll on the forums and spam and have nothing better to do. I agree forum activity is a good thing . . . but as Zan said earlier "" I agree with him, I read almost every single thread. But most the time I don't post because I feel there is nothing for me to add. If I wanted to get my post count up, then I could just spam the threads with useless answers or responses."" .

Quite frankly I think its quite childish to not discuss this with the people who you're slapping in the face over the whole ordeal. Instead you seem to have an " this is how we're doing it and that's final . . . if you don't like it then fuck you" attitude.

Post count is an indicator of forum activity. Even if you were Phoenix2's father and are the one who suggested he make a clan, merely lurking in the forums and not contributing to our community's discussions does not help us grow. We appreciate your dedication for sticking with us so long, but we would like to see more involvement from people wanting to be part of this system in the forums. This is a way of giving perks to people who are active both in the forums and in the servers.

(It's not like many of the Vets havent been rewarded at one time or another, either.)

<rant>

sorry for double post . ..

Post count is NOT an indicator of forum activity. Quality of posts are. Its not about us "vets" being who we are . . . its about recognizing that you have loyal people in the fucking clan. People who have been with you time and time again . . . turned down clan recruitments and upheld the rules in all the servers . . . for the better of the community. I didn't know that this went from a GAME COMMUNITY to a SOCIAL HOUR and you get rewarded on how much you like to gossip on the forums.

</rant>

::edit::

I propose we have a "Loyalty Clause" in the rank system. Any active member over 1.5 years in service gets Vet status. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ADMIN PRIVLEDGES. Most of us Vets have some sort of power where we dwell the most (our preferred servers) So we don't want the Vet status as a power symbol. . . . its not about privileges to us . . . its about the rank . . title and vet status.

Firstly and foremost, I give you a lot of credit Oreo for having come up with such a ranking system. It's well thought-out, effective, but does have some holes.

First, it isn't, as others have said, very fair to you veteran members who are already deemed to have such benefits. The fact that a new member can rank up to an equivalent level in half the time is basically like playing a game of dodgeball against a blind kid. You're bound to beat him in at least twice as many points. That said, I think that veterans (myself excluded) should be rewarded in a more respectful manner, and saying "I'm too lazy" is more or less what fatb0yhaze tells me when he can't do his job as admin. That's an illegitimate excuse. Some of you veterans have been waiting a while and are more than dedicated enough to deem yourselves worthy. To whom it may concern, I salute you.

As for the post count, I agree that activity can't truly be judged off post count. As others have stated, there are more often than not the times where I simply browse and do not post. I think the idea of a post count should be revoked altogether, as it isn't exactly a fair judgment of activity. If anything, the idea of hours on the servers should be more than sufficient and if that fails then lower the post count requirement to a more reasonable and attainable number given that I (nor anyone else) is up for a spamming race to see who can rank up the fastest. In all, quality over quantity. I think that makes sense to most of us.

Lastly, there should be people who are in charge of approving who is allowed to rank up or who gets demoted. Maybe the advisors and such can do this?

Overall it's not a bad idea, but take what I have to say into consideration.

I also think the post thing should be revoked because I know allot of members who spam stuff or hijack threads or do flame wars. Also I think if you buy admin or donate money should effect because you can have members who have been in here for a while and haven't done anything to help with paying for the servers with admin or donating.

Thank you

Sargefan19

Qucik edit

I think that it people who have been in the clan for a while should be able to put in applications to be a higher rank like for the vets who have been in uv for a while that would be above level 1 if you didn't have to be level 1 for a while

Guest some fag
I also think the post thing should be revoked because I know allot of members who spam stuff or hijack threads or do flame wars. Also I think if you buy admin or donate money should effect because you can have members who have been in here for a while and haven't done anything to help with paying for the servers with admin or donating.

Thank you

Sargefan19

Qucik edit

I think that it people who have been in the clan for a while should be able to put in applications to be a higher rank like for the vets who have been in uv for a while that would be above level 1 if you didn't have to be level 1 for a while

There are only a few members who do that, myself included, and I can tell you that 95% of my posts are not spam from such "hijackings"... You don't seem to understand that post count isn't the ONLY determining factor, and likely plays a little part in the grand scheme of things. They just want to know that you're being active on the forums and not completely ignoring them.

Umm... I think this is system is fine for now. From what I think the Orignal Vets, (i.e 6 months+) should be able to start at a higher rank. Simply beacuse we have already "done our time". It is not much to ask, I already have everything for lvl 4 already. But will have to start at lvl 1 :(

Another thing is that I think the hours of gameplay could be decreased some. Considering how alot of people just sit in spec for ungodly amount of time. So I guess I will just go sit in Z Mod spec now and earn a couple of days in the process ;)

Another thing is post count... If you want us all just to troll and post random/unneeded shit. Fine. I will be more then happy to do that.

(It's not like many of the Vets havent been rewarded at one time or another, either.)
Hahha fetus.

Project has Admin. We have MOTM. Foh is GFX Ldr. Contract is Admin. Zues havent seen him a long time he once was a leader, than left than just hanged around the forums than like 4-5 months ago joined back the clan. Mental has Admin. Fetus has admin. I have admin. Hobo has admin D&G has admin. Bios has admin. Yiyas has admin. Pheonix/ADV was removed due to lack of activity. Polis same thing. Those two in my perspective should've gotten admin but oh well.

Thats all the vets i can name on top of my head right now.... And how are they not benefited? I mean sure it took a while for it to happen but it did thats the point.

:( I have nothing...

Guest Fohacidal

Speaking of vet rewards, nifer me getting grafx leader was not a reward, I had to work to get it back up and standing.

Anyway, lets just see how this works out for now, could be interesting 3 months from now when we finally see it taking action, that is, if advisors and JCS would actually vote on the apps (except junzou)

Hahha fetus.

Project has Admin. We have MOTM. Foh is GFX Ldr. Contract is Admin. Zues havent seen him a long time he once was a leader, than left than just hanged around the forums than like 4-5 months ago joined back the clan. Mental has Admin. Fetus has admin. I have admin. Hobo has admin D&G has admin. Bios has admin. Yiyas has admin. Pheonix/ADV was removed due to lack of activity. Polis same thing. Those two in my perspective should've gotten admin but oh well.

Thats all the vets i can name on top of my head right now.... And how are they not benefited? I mean sure it took a while for it to happen but it did thats the point.

what about me :P

Guest starscream

I would like to apply to officially be Commanding Officer of the Barrel Roll squadron plox.

I love you in an emasculate yet completely non homosexual way.

2000 posts is overkill.

Sorry, but there's just not that to talk about on these forums.

EDIT: I also want my worthless 30 posts back.

EDIT: Since I will have "just" joined the clan, and my post count is set to 0, I would like some kind of reimbursement for my time and dedication.

lvl I - Just out of recruitment, no requirements other than posting an application.

lvl II - Been in the clan 2 months from lvl I status, 50 posts on top of original post count required. 70 hours on servers.

lvl III - Been in the clan 5 months from lvl I status, 300 posts on top of original post count required. 120 hours on servers.

lvl IV - Been in the clan 8 months from lvl I status, 800 posts on top of original post count required. 150 hours on servers.

lvl V - Been in the clan 12 months from lvl I status, 1,500 posts on top of original post count required. 200 hours on servers.

Veteran - Been in the clan 16 months from lvl I status, 2,000 posts on top of original post count required. 250 hours on servers.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I love how you guys are re-enacting the system and I'm not going to argue and flame, but I do understand his point. Basically, let's take me for an example.

I've been in this clan 1 and a half years. To reach veteran status I'll need to be in this clan for almost 3 years, 34 months to be exact and have 6,000 posts assuming my "join date" starts now because the system was just implimented. Even if you go from my original join date, I still have the same rank as anyone else and so essentially the last year and a half are a waste of my time in the view of this system.

Hahha fetus.

My admin in WCS #1 is in no way related to how long I've been and whether I'm a "vet". My admin is due to bios' kindness, not some Vet wide program.

Guest some fag
So does that mean we all have to start from level 1?

Pretty much... Doesn't make sense when you think about it, but that's what Oreo and others are saying is going to happen. I'm sure we'll all work something out, though.

Yes, everybody starts at level one. Keep in mind, this is an optional program and you don't have to perform in it. We can still promote people on case by case basis and give them powers/legend status not associated with this rank system.

Guest some fag
Yes, everybody starts at level one. Keep in mind, this is an optional program and you don't have to perform in it. We can still promote people on case by case basis and give them powers/legend status not associated with this rank system.

Uh, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having a ranking system?

Guest Fohacidal

I agree with zeus im kinda confuzzled now

Hahha fetus.

Just to get things right, I was admin, and I payed for it myself, I currently am not, waiting for the new ZM.

Guest some fag
What are you confused about?

The fact that the ranking system is optional, you can up-rank people whenever, and you guys will still hand out rewards at random... It defeats the purpose of even having a ranking system.