Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

If anyone else is a nerd

Awesome, although I am sad they did not go much beyond sodium in terms of violent metal water reactions. I have seen videos up to Fr and its one hell of a reaction.

Science rocks. I literally spent two hours watching this today. If anyone has any interest in chemistry, or sodium explosions, you might wanna check this out.

Good stuff man! I'll definitely take a look :P

Although this is very cool stuff, it's a bit too sciencey for me, even though I'm a science guy. If I want more science, I'll take more than my college's core classes of science, I just want to see shit blown up on the internet.

I had organic chemistry during the spring quarter and when synthesizing a compound called a grignard reagent it was just imperative that all our glassware and vessels were dry and sealed tightly from the atmosphere. The water, even our breathes, would ruin our product, but we used Magnesium with a alkyl hailde to form an alcohol; not as violent as the reaction shown.

We've got something a little bit like this at school, but i think they paid for it, the Caesium one on the schools videos is stupid though, they get a chunk of it, throw it in some water and run as it blows the side of the class tank out, pretty cool