Sign in to follow this  
Neur0

Privilege or always a product?

I was wondering if admin will ever be provided as a privilege and not a product. Not only are the prices the highest I've seen anywhere, would it be possible for admin to be given out for merit?

In my opinion, Basic admin should be given out to those who prove they can be trusted and are responsible with it, Like Wookie said the prices are some of the highest i've seen in a long time and when there are hackers etc on the servers and there's no admin on we have to just sit there being killed over and over.

I know we can demo and post on the forums but by that time three quarters of the server have alrady left and some of the admins on the dust2 server and others just sit there allowing people to play music and spam the microphone, This isn't a complaint but yesterday, Me and Kyle and maybe a few others witnessed a mic spammer in the server playing music down the microphone WHILE TahsinGeol was present in the server, He didn't even do anything, No mute no kick no ban...Nothing. You really need to start thinking about who you give admin to, Because from experiance and what i've heard, Even if a admin abuses to the max, If they suck enough leader cock they will be let off the chain...

In my opinion, Basic admin should be given out to those who prove they can be trusted and are responsible with it, Like Wookie said the prices are some of the highest i've seen in a long time and when there are hackers etc on the servers and there's no admin on we have to just sit there being killed over and over.

I know we can demo and post on the forums but by that time three quarters of the server have alrady left and some of the admins on the dust2 server and others just sit there allowing people to play music and spam the microphone, This isn't a complaint but yesterday, Me and Kyle and maybe a few others witnessed a mic spammer in the server playing music down the microphone WHILE TahsinGeol was present in the server, He didn't even do anything, No mute no kick no ban...Nothing. You really need to start thinking about who you give admin to, Because from experiance and what i've heard, Even if a admin abuses to the max, If they suck enough leader cock they will be let off the chain...

I totally agree. I hate being the one who people ask on the D2 servers to ban people or kick or mute or w.e. when I can do nothing. We have to sit through it all the goddam time and watch as this crap happens.

I might as well be watching my hand burn while holding an extinguisher. Only one catch, I can't use the extinquisher.

Yes, you can get admin through merit. Its called being an advisor. Advisor's are simply trusted members of the clan who have proven themselves enough to deserve free privileges. It may kind of suck seeing as there seems to be only 6 at a time, but there are also a few other situations in which free admin has been given away. I know for a fact a few guys on WCS were given it to keep abuse under control, and as Espe. said, a few members were given it through work as well, including Nifer.

Only 6 advisors and one member of the month. I still think it's pointless to have so little admins on/available when needed when members (or at least some of us) are perfectly capable of making rational decisions in an administrator's position.

Not to mention it doesn't cost a dime to give it out...

I dunno I've never seen the point in buying admin, never have, never will. :P

My point exactly. We should have another process for admin recruits that must go through a screening of some sort. Just an idea.

Not to mention it doesn't cost a dime to give it out...

In theory, you would notice a decrease in sales because people would just hold out to try to get it for free. Especially if we make it a recruitment process.

Your best chance at getting admin is filing a shit-ton of reports on hackers/rule breakers, to prove that you are both dedicated and you can recognize a blatant rule breaker when you see one. Then you would need to go to P2, or Oreo, and convince one of them that there is a shortage of admins on a certain server and that you can pick up the slack and that you know the rules.

Admin is still given out on a very special case-by-case basis for those who do a lot of work for the servers, and is so stringent because admin subscriptions are a significant chunk of our income. You may not like the price of admin, but it keeps our servers running.

I dunno I've never seen the point in buying admin, never have, never will. :P

To support the clan and keep the servers running so you can play on them.

umm.. how do you think we keep our servers running?

you could just buy some admin wookie... if you buy admin you are supporting the clan.

EDIT: stupid junzou posted before me... -__-

umm.. how do you think we keep our servers running?

you could just buy some admin wookie... if you buy admin you are supporting the clan.

EDIT: stupid junzou posted before me... -__-

Owned.

anyways... if you really want admin wookie... then go get that paypal account.

I mean you really havent been around that long to be asking for free admin anyways.

Zordon > Ivan Ooze

anyways... if you really want admin wookie... then go get that paypal account.

I mean you really havent been around that long to be asking for free admin anyways.

Zordon > Ivan Ooze

What are you talking about, Ooze owned Zordon, power ranger bitches too until they got their special powers.

Free admin = no UV servers. Sadly, it's as simple as that. Some people do get it without paying, but they are people who have really worked hard for the clan. Audio, Espe, the leaders, etc.

I think I deserve admin for all the abuse I take from you guys.

You seem to dish it out just as much as you take it. Just ask your girlfriend. When it comes down to it though, there are only two reasons to get admin, the first being Basic admin, just enforcing the rules of the server, and Senior Admin which is basically for foolin' around with friends and likewise. Atm, through the Advisors, JCS, and all those who buy admin, there should be plenty of people on throughout the day who can lend a hand when hackers come on. Sure there will be a few occasions when there isn't, but look at it from P2's perspective, is it really worth $10 a month giving free admin to someone to catch the one or two hackers in that month that enter our servers when they're no admins on, especially when it has to be reported on the forums anyway? Not really. The second reason, foolin' around with friends, should have a charge, because it is only a privilege, the clan doesn't really see any benefit from you noclipping around in a server.

10, 15, 20 bucks aren't too bad. On the other hand, $300.00/month is a lot for the free servers. The server is paid mainly through admin subscriptions, which is why we are so weary on giving out free admin.