Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Big Shot

NBA Award Predictions

Where are my hoops fans at?

Here is my mid season award predictions:

MVP: Giannis Antetokounmpo. Despite Harden killing it lately, the Bucks are doing better than the Rockets.

ROY: Ben Simmons.. But no, seriously, Luka Doncic

DPOY: Rudy Gobert. I'm biased.

6th Man: Domantas Sabonis

Most Improved: De'Aaron Fox

Coach: Coach Bud

I say this would make sense but Rudy gobert, I’m skeptical about that one. But again he has been playing good and there’s no one else so I guess he would be the DPOY

MVP: Jokic (but it's gonna be Harden)
ROY: HalleLuka

DPOY: Kawhi or Paul George
6th Man: Montrezl Harrell

Most Improved: Harrell
Coach: Mike Malone

In other news, my fantasy team is hurting... Speaking of I'm gonna do a Fantasy Ball League next year for sG.

d8aaeb40fd.png

MVP: James Harden, runner up: Giannis Antetokounmpo

RoY: Luka Doncic, runner up: Deandre Ayton

DPoY: Paul George, runner up: Robert Covington

6MoY: Montrezl Harrell, runner up: Domantas Sabonis

MIP: Pascal Siakam, runner up: De'Aaron Fox

COY: Mike Budenholzer, runner up: Mike Malone

12 hours ago, Travesty said:

In other news, my fantasy team is hurting... Speaking of I'm gonna do a Fantasy Ball League next year for sG.

I'm definitely in! I only had one team that I don't even set my lineup for this year.

61 tonight by Harden I don’t like how many dumb fouls he gets but some of the shots he makes is incredible, he wants MVP badly or at least it looks like it.

10 hours ago, Booch said:

61 tonight by Harden I don’t like how many dumb fouls he gets but some of the shots he makes is incredible, he wants MVP badly or at least it looks like it.

He's insane. The Golden State game was nuts. He's too good at drawing fouls that it almost makes in frustrating to watch but overall the shots he makes are crazy. 

Specifically this one:

Yells "Motherfucker" to Draymond Green too. Baller.

Also this just happened in my league.

615a2372c8.png

I'm on the fringe of making the playoffs. If the AD injury is 2 weeks, I think I'm doomed. So I'm trading him to the #1 guy in my league, but I'm getting Jokic, Kyrie in return.

Harden has been absolutely killing it. Someone during the Jazz game last night on ESPN said Harden could end up being the best offensive player of all time.

It's always annoying to watch your team go up against him though because of the fouls he draws but he's a master at it.

51 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Also this just happened in my league.

615a2372c8.png

I'm on the fringe of making the playoffs. If the AD injury is 2 weeks, I think I'm doomed. So I'm trading him to the #1 guy in my league, but I'm getting Jokic, Kyrie in return.

I think you gave away slightly too much in all honesty but Jokic is a stat sheet stuffer just like AD.

1 hour ago, Mr. Big Shot said:

Harden has been absolutely killing it. Someone during the Jazz game last night on ESPN said Harden could end up being the best offensive player of all time.

It's always annoying to watch your team go up against him though because of the fouls he draws but he's a master at it.

I think you gave away slightly too much in all honesty but Jokic is a stat sheet stuffer just like AD.

Yeah according to the full season stats I gave up quite a bit, just cause how much AD puts out. But I think he'll slow down a little and Jokic is on the come up after his slower start to the season. Plus Kyrie has been balling out recently.

I'm hoping Markkanen picks up the pace too. Lotta hopes but I was going to be out of the playoffs if this AD injury lasted longer than expected. Plus NOR has the smallest amount of games played after Post-ASB.

We'll see though. This trade is keeping me afloat.

The Pacers really f'd up Victor Oladipo's load management considering how frequently he's been bothered by knee issues this season. Now he's out for the season with a ruptured quad tendon.

13 hours ago, The Ben said:

Every time harden is behind the 3 line I always expect him drawing a foul

This is true and I absolutely hate playing against him and the Jazz had to play an entire playoff series against Houston too.

11 hours ago, Travesty said:

Yeah according to the full season stats I gave up quite a bit, just cause how much AD puts out. But I think he'll slow down a little and Jokic is on the come up after his slower start to the season. Plus Kyrie has been balling out recently.

I'm hoping Markkanen picks up the pace too. Lotta hopes but I was going to be out of the playoffs if this AD injury lasted longer than expected. Plus NOR has the smallest amount of games played after Post-ASB.

We'll see though. This trade is keeping me afloat.

I definitely wish I put together a fantasy team this year.

11 hours ago, porknchili said:

The Pacers really f'd up Victor Oladipo's load management considering how frequently he's been bothered by knee issues this season. Now he's out for the season with a ruptured quad tendon.

What's crazy is that he wasn't even being played too many minutes as if Tom Thibodeau was his coach. I think it was just a freak accident/injury.

Who do you guys have as your All Star reserves in each conference? Personally, I would have:

East

- Blake Griffin

- Nikola Vucevic

- Ben Simmons

- Jimmy Butler

- D'Angelo Russell

- Kyle Lowry

- Bradley Beal

West

- Anthony Davis

- Nikola Jokic

- Damian Lillard

- Klay Thompson

- Karl-Anthony Towns

- Luka Doncic

- Russell Westbrook

50 minutes ago, porknchili said:

Who do you guys have as your All Star reserves in each conference? Personally, I would have:

East

- Blake Griffin

- Nikola Vucevic

- Ben Simmons

- Jimmy Butler

- D'Angelo Russell

- Kyle Lowry

- Bradley Beal

West

- Anthony Davis

- Nikola Jokic

- Damian Lillard

- Klay Thompson

- Karl-Anthony Towns

- Luka Doncic

- Russell Westbrook

I heard kemba walker is an all-star starter 

I like your picks

West

Davis

Jokic

Lillard
Gobert
Westbrook

KAT

Tobi Harris

East

Vooch

Myles Turner

DLO

Beal

Griffin

Lowry

Drummond

My picks:

West

AD

Lillard

Gobert
Westbrook
Jokic

Jrue Holiday

KAT

Added unbiased pick: Donovan Mitchell

East

Beal

Oladipo FeelsBadMan

Vucevic

Butler

Griffin

Khris Middleton

Ben Simmons

Oladip Fill In: Kyle Lowry

23 hours ago, The Ben said:

I heard kemba walker is an all-star starter 

He is! He's killing it.

Feeling a lot better about this AD trade now.

He was cut out of the intro video at the game, taken out of their banner on Twitter and wasn't even on the bench today with the Pels.

It's hard to believe he'll be playing for the Pelicans again this season. Pretty crazy. Not really sure what to make of it. Could be Kawhi all over again.

Knicks gonna knick...

Porzingis (Courtney Lee, Tim Hardaway Jr.) traded to the Mavs for Dennis Smith Jr., Wesley Matthews, and DeAndre Jordan.

DLo likely replacing Dipo on the starters

Gobert and Harris should be in there instead of Klay and Aldridge IMO

22 hours ago, Travesty said:

Feeling a lot better about this AD trade now.

He was cut out of the intro video at the game, taken out of their banner on Twitter and wasn't even on the bench today with the Pels.

It's hard to believe he'll be playing for the Pelicans again this season. Pretty crazy. Not really sure what to make of it. Could be Kawhi all over again.

It's definitely weird. Seems almost identical to a Kawhi situation but it won't last as long. Sounds like LA and New Orleans will strike a deal before the deadline. I don't think AD will play again in a Pelicans uniform.

2 hours ago, Travesty said:

DLo likely replacing Dipo on the starters

Gobert and Harris should be in there instead of Klay and Aldridge IMO

I really don't understand how Aldridge made it over Rudy.

Also, I would be excited for DLo to be injury replacement but for my predictions' sake, I hope it's Jimmy Butler so then I would have gotten the players correct.

5 hours ago, porknchili said:

Knicks gonna knick...

Porzingis (Courtney Lee, Tim Hardaway Jr.) traded to the Mavs for Dennis Smith Jr., Wesley Matthews, and DeAndre Jordan.

Honestly I like the trade for the Knicks. Porzingis can sometimes be very one dimensional and they got 3 dang good players in return. It definitely seems like a short term move that they made though.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Big Shot said:

Honestly I like the trade for the Knicks. Porzingis can sometimes be very one dimensional and they got 3 dang good players in return. It definitely seems like a short term move that they made though.

They also got two first round draft picks too.

9 minutes ago, Travesty said:

They also got two first round draft picks too.

I didn't even think about this. I feel like the Knicks most definitely won the trade then.

8 hours ago, Mr. Big Shot said:

I really don't understand how Aldridge made it over Rudy.

TBH, the only reason I had Klay (and Lowry, for that matter) in my All star reserve list was because I KNEW they'd get in just on reputation alone. I'm not a Jazz fan, but I'm so irritated by the narrative that Donovan Mitchell is the reason for the Jazz success and Gobert is just some afterthought. Gobert makes that team so great defensively and has a near Ben Wallace type impact on defense (though Big Ben had better, GOAT level defensive metrics). Aldridge and Klay did not deserve to make it over Gobert, Doncic, or Tobias, and Siakam has clearly been better this season than Lowry.

As for the Knicks trade: they only got 1 OK player in return. DeAndre and Matthews are most likely going to be bought out and, as someone who has watched every single Mavs game this year, DSJ is a low IQ player who gets by on athleticism alone. The reason the Knicks made this trade (aside from being the Knicks and being owned by James Dolan) is to have room this summer for 2 max contracts (i.e., Kyrie, Kawhi, Durant, Butler, Kemba, Cousins, Harris, Klay, etc.), but it's not like they're the only team with a ton of cap space this summer. The Clippers, Lakers, and Nets are all better teams and will have that luxury too and are clearly more attractive free agent destinations; especially considering the fact that the last "big" FA signing the Knicks had was an old Amar'e in 2010.