Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avery

Fantasy Football League 2018

FFL  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Website

• NFL.com (What we've been using)
    • ESPN (another popular FFL platform)
    • Yahoo (y tho)
  2. 2. Type of League

• Standard League
    • PPR (points per reception, gives receivers a bit more points and balances slot receivers who get few yards but a lot of receptions)
    • 2QB League
  3. 3. Draft Date

• August 18
    • August 19
    • August 25
    • August 26
    • September 1
    • September 2
  4. 4. Draft Time

• 6pm EDT
    • 7pm EDT
    • 8pm EDT
    • 9pm EDT
    • 10pm EDT

Also, PPR league please? It makes the waiver wire and week to week matchups that much more satisfying/intriguing.

Regular is just really vanilla and touchdowns in the NFL can feel pretty...RNG.

Going to send invites to others that responded in the thread since others interested did not join yet, will be first come/first serve for these spots.

20 minutes ago, Gonepostal2000 said:

I gave up last year, I don’t like NFL’s platform nor the point system we had it was way to boring 

Yeah, I hate the PPR (which I’m glad most people are voting away from that) and the decimal points. I think it should be you don’t get 10 yards, then you don’t get a point. None of this .8 crap lol.

3 hours ago, Ironic said:

Yeah, I hate the PPR (which I’m glad most people are voting away from that) and the decimal points. I think it should be you don’t get 10 yards, then you don’t get a point. None of this .8 crap lol.

Lmao that's how it has always been in this league. We never done ppr for the sG leagues, we had a vote, but the majority picked the regular point system. If you hate the decimal points system then too bad and I don't even recall u being in the league before ironic.

And as for @Gonepostal2000 if the point system is boring on nfl.com what would u suggest, a ppr league on a different website? You only have  so many ooptions on nfl.com

There are many different type of fantasies such as redraft leagues, 2 QBs leagues, dynasty leagues and etc.

The one that we play is just your standard fantasy league which is easy to learn and most people prefer it.

Maybe for next years whoever is not pleased with this type of league, feel free to try out some different league but I feel like we wont get enough people interested.

2 hours ago, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

Lmao that's how it has always been in this league. We never done ppr for the sG leagues, we had a vote, but the majority picked the regular point system. If you hate the decimal points system then too bad and I don't even recall u being in the league before ironic.

I was in the league two years ago, and then missed this last year I believe due to Basic and Tech School. I’m pretty sure it was PPR 2 years ago when I was in..... I remember getting points when my receive just caught a ball. Maybe that was a different league though, but this is the only time I’ve ever used NFL Fantasy was with ya’ll.

33 minutes ago, Ironic said:

I was in the league two years ago, and then missed this last year I believe due to Basic and Tech School. I’m pretty sure it was PPR 2 years ago when I was in..... I remember getting points when my receive just caught a ball. Maybe that was a different league though, but this is the only time I’ve ever used NFL Fantasy was with ya’ll.

Never been PPR, I've always advocated and voted for it though. I'm not going to complain though because it is based on what the majority of the participants want, not one person.

Standard makes running backs super important, which is fun because it makes waivers and late draft running backs super important because running backs ALWAYS get injured. I also play in a .5 PPR league and that's also fun because it makes you do more research and makes receivers and 3rd down running backs more important/interesting. I have better results in this league but worse luck in my other league. I think I like .5 PPR more but ehhhh, I could do either... as I'm already doing...

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:56 PM, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

And as for @Gonepostal2000 if the point system is boring on nfl.com what would u suggest, a ppr league on a different website? You only have  so many ooptions on nfl.com

How about PPR on ESPN? They have an added roster spot for a defensive player, which can make late round draft picks pretty interesting.

I just looked at my team... Who tf is Ronald Jones???? I must've accidentally clicked the wrong person for the 4th round FML :kms:

5 minutes ago, Chaulklet.Shake(Elmo) said:

I just looked at my team... Who tf is Ronald Jones???? I must've accidentally clicked the wrong person for the 4th round FML :kms:

first news post i see searching him "Ronald Jones struggles to understand playbook"

51 minutes ago, Avery said:

first news post i see searching him "Ronald Jones struggles to understand playbook"

:kms::kms::kms:  Geez.. FeelsBadMan

owch, yeah Peyton Barber's likely taking the starting role in Tampa. He was drafted to take over but he's looked like dog shit so far. At least he might take over later this year or surprise some people early on.

I auto got AB (thank God) because I couldn't connect (LTE connection sucks at my base), then I got the next 3 picks, and then completely lost connection lol. This year's gonna be fun!

12 hours ago, Tubbles said:

owch, yeah Peyton Barber's likely taking the starting role in Tampa. He was drafted to take over but he's looked like dog shit so far. At least he might take over later this year or surprise some people early on.

FeelsGoodMan

On 8/26/2018 at 8:38 PM, Tubbles said:

Yeah I don't know what the fuck happened there... a 4th round pick??? I think I walked out and it auto draft that pick for me cause I was doing something in the meantime while waiting my turn. Well shit.. time to go off the waivers or make trades!

Well, like my bench RBs, he might still take over. Peyton Barber got the job because Doug Martin, the established back, was playing like ass. Barber did a little bit better but Koetter's job is on the line and he's going to be shuffling stuff around to try and save his job. Dirk Koetter is horrible, even if Ronald Jones is garbage right now he might play him once Jameis gets back or if Barber has one bad game.