Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

sG 2018 World Cup

1 hour ago, SpartanSakaro said:

I take it you missed Spain vs Portugal then.

Nah I saw it. Mexico vs Germany was way more fast paced and a lot more opportunities. Hectic game. Give it a watch if you haven't.

30 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Nah I saw it. Mexico vs Germany was way more fast paced and a lot more opportunities. Hectic game. Give it a watch if you haven't.

Surprised myself to see Mexico win but I’m glad they did 

sweden with the penalty at the very last minute of the game, giving germany the chance to score, and what a goal it was. uggghhh

still anyone's progression in group f, but sweds would have to beat mexico which is looking strong right now, and germany would have to lose to the iffy south koreans. FeelsBadMan

On 6/23/2018 at 3:03 PM, TurtleFrenzy said:

sweden with the penalty at the very last minute of the game, giving germany the chance to score, and what a goal it was. uggghhh

still anyone's progression in group f, but sweds would have to beat mexico which is looking strong right now, and germany would have to lose to the iffy south koreans. FeelsBadMan

Apparently Germany has never been knocked out after groups too. This outcome would be crazy. It was a really nice freekick though.

There have been so many last minute goals this year, it's insane.

6 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Apparently Germany has never been knocked out after groups too. This outcome would be crazy. It was a really nice freekick though.

There have been so many last minute goals this year, it's insane.

you're not wrong about that one bud.

Yeah the Germans have always been a force to be reckoned with.

Columbia looking like the "underdog" (while one of the better groups, they are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of being consistently top tier) with a chance of taking it all. Can't wait to see them head to head with the top contenders.

15 hours ago, TurtleFrenzy said:

Columbia looking like the "underdog" (while one of the better groups, they are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of being consistently top tier) with a chance of taking it all. Can't wait to see them head to head with the top contenders.

Pass of the tournament in that Poland game!

2 hours ago, Travesty said:

Pass of the tournament in that Poland game!

If i were fast enough to pick the team i wanted, I wouldn't have ever picked them.

Man what a finish for Group B...

Portugal (Swed) and Spain (Aristocrat) were both very close to losing it all haha. I love that everyone underestimated Iran and Morocco. Both of those teams definitely proved themselves of contenders in the coming years.

Congrats to for making it out of groups so far @Lindsay @vexer @Swed @Aristocrat

RIP to @-Sharp- @krony @FuFu @FaZe

THE UPCOMING BRACKET GAMES in the Round of 16:

• Lindsay (1. Uruguay) vs. Swed (2. Portugal)
  • Aristocrat (1. Spain) vs. Vexer (2. Russia)

The biggest game tomorrow will probably be Argentina ( @KiD Fearless ) vs. Nigeria. ( @Wolfshade )

More info to see what your team needs in order to get out of groups:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44587232 

30c0d057e7.png

world-cup-bracket-2018.jpg

watched the whole iran v portugal game, that was insane. Neither team looked professional at all out there once the second half started. I was expecting the ref to start carding people just for how often they were in his face, but he also made some questionable calls (ronaldo's PK should have been a free kick for sure, but I don't think he was in enough contention for the PK to be given, then 10 minutes later the same scenario happens to Iran and there aren't given any sort of penalty at all, coach was having a fit about it and the ref went and told him to cool off or something  ;;;;; ronaldo getting a yellow [potential for a red] for elbowing a guy in the face when he was also giving ronaldo way too much body with the ball being nowhere near ;;;; the questionable handball PK equalizer)

17 hours ago, TurtleFrenzy said:

watched the whole iran v portugal game, that was insane. Neither team looked professional at all out there once the second half started. I was expecting the ref to start carding people just for how often they were in his face, but he also made some questionable calls (ronaldo's PK should have been a free kick for sure, but I don't think he was in enough contention for the PK to be given, then 10 minutes later the same scenario happens to Iran and there aren't given any sort of penalty at all, coach was having a fit about it and the ref went and told him to cool off or something  ;;;;; ronaldo getting a yellow [potential for a red] for elbowing a guy in the face when he was also giving ronaldo way too much body with the ball being nowhere near ;;;; the questionable handball PK equalizer)

So crazy that Iran could have beat Portugal and knocked them out if their striker had just made a better touch on the ball at 93 mins. He definitely had it right there for them if he had just had a better angle on it.

2 hours ago, Travesty said:

So crazy that Iran could have beat Portugal and knocked them out if their striker had just made a better touch on the ball at 93 mins. He definitely had it right there for them if he had just had a better angle on it.

Yeah, lots of opportunities throughout the game like that, but people always want to make the guy who did the last "almost" goal the scapegoat. Don't think they would have gotten much farther versus Uruguay even if they had won.

We get to see the opposite side of the VAR conversation today, where the ref got to see the supposed handball in Argentina v Nigeria, and BECAUSE he got to see the view of the player heading the ball into his own arm, decided to write it off as an accident of physics rather than intentional (he wouldn't have given Iran their penalty). VAR or no VAR, the refs decision on how the game is played will always be different even with video evidence.

These top seeds of each group all look super strong. Quarter finals and onward are going to be awesome games.

Also Argentina being scummy and playing the last 6 minutes of the game s u p e r s l o w once they got ahead (arguably part of the game is time management/playing defensive when you want to hold a lead, but they were given enough leeway with some of the calls). Messi's yellow was for delay of game, would've been nice to seen him thrown off and knock his ego down a few notches LUL