Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Avengers: Infinity War Discussion

49 minutes ago, Sith said:

Hide contents

However, I wouldn't have had that tearjerker with our spider-man fading away so that was a good scene for me.

That was some 10/10 character development for Ironman right there, ooof imagine the PTSD. He gon give it hard to Thanos in 2.

45 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Hide contents

That was some 10/10 character development for Ironman right there, ooof imagine the PTSD. He gon give it hard to Thanos in 2.

Survivor's guilt... again? He already did this in Ultron, when Scarlet Witch fucked with his head.

Peter Dinklage was a very welcome surprise, I love that man. But Jesus Spidey evaporating hit me in the feels a little, Iron Man's gonna cry his life away now.

I wasn't a fan of the final Gamora scene, seemed overplayed and poorly written. I don't think anyone was in the dark about what was to come next, except Gamora. I also wish Star Lord would have stuck his gun in Thanos's mouth, say something like "glove is almost off, drown in soap" thinking it was going to spit bubbles, but actually shot the energy blast this time. Then after, when he was turning into dust, he repeated over and over again "it was bubbles... I thought it was bubbles...I'm so sorry" bc he didn't really understand the reality stone's power. 

Would have made a lot more sense. Other than that, loved it. 

Edited by austonc

1 hour ago, austonc said:
  Hide contents

I wasn't a fan of the final Gamora scene, seemed overplayed and poorly written. I don't think anyone was in the dark about what was to come next, except Gamora. I also wish Star Lord would have stuck his gun in Thanos's mouth, say something like "glove is almost off, drown in soap" thinking it was going to spit bubbles, but actually shot the energy blast this time. Then after, when he was turning into dust, he repeated over and over again "it was bubbles... I thought it was bubbles...I'm so sorry" bc he didn't really understand the reality stone's power. 

Would have made a lot more sense. Other than that, loved it. 

....that sounds incredibly retarded. 

On 5/1/2018 at 9:41 AM, Sith said:

Reveal hidden contents

I disagree, I feel like the more compelling villain is the "well, he's got a point" type of deal. Similar to Killmonger/Magneto/Dr. Doom, most of these villains aren't evil for the sake of being evil, they fight for a rational cause, just like our heroes, however for a more perverted means to an end. Unlike the comics, Thanos doesn't enjoy death, he really believes using the gauntlet is the more merciful approach for saving life by instantaneously wiping out half of the universe. No pain, no ordeal, just poof. And life continues to exist. It's not easy to do, but someone has to do it, and he believes he has the 'will' to.

Honestly, I would have preferred that they removed the whole crumbling in to dust scene and just have half of everyone INSTANTLY gone after Thanos came back from his vision/illusion/whateverthehellitwas with Gamora. I would've preferred coming back to Earth with everyone looking around to see who was still existing. I think it would've added more tension if the audience did a mental roll-call of who won the lottery of Thanos Infinity Snap of Infinity. However, I wouldn't have had that tearjerker with our spider-man fading away so that was a good scene for me.

That's the classic comic book, and they had to adapt it to ppl who never read them (ppl didnt know who deadpool was before the movie).

Overpopulation is classic argument in ecology, and has been discussed for centuries. Easier for the public to digest and relate too. It's all about the $$$ 

On 5/5/2018 at 2:59 PM, Beerman said:

....that sounds incredibly retarded. 

k