Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dyscivist

Real Life Jailbreak

27 minutes ago, water.exe said:

I mean they warned him several times.

So the appropriate action was to shoot him? He sure looked like a real threat on his knees!

SIMON DIDN'T SAY IT.

1 minute ago, Travesty said:

So the appropriate action was to shoot him? He sure looked like a real threat on his knees!

Look I know you are trying to make light of the situation but you need to look at this through both parties eyes. For him he is scared and being stupid, for the cops you have no idea if he has anything on him and they are trying to contain the situation to the best of their ability. Were the cops right in shooting him for that movement who knows. Should he have made that movement, no he shouldn't. Moral of this story If an officer is pointing a gun at you the BEST WAY TO WALK AWAY FROM THAT ALIVE IS TO FOLLOW HIS ORDERS 100% OF THE WAY HE SAYS IT.

Just now, water.exe said:

Were the cops right in shooting him for that movement

No, as he clearly didn't show he had a weapon yet.

He was told to always have his hands in the air but to also crawl forward... The Warden's orders were retarded and that warden should be restricted from CT because he just freekilled.

26 minutes ago, water.exe said:

Oh I'm sorry that I have a realistic way of looking at it and not the cops are evil way.

Looking at it realistically, this cop made terrible orders and handled the situation poorly. The consequence of the event is because of his poor judgment. 

1. The cop should have asked if they had anything to drink, NOT if they were drunk. One drink is all it takes for your body to be affected by alcohol (reduced reaction time, impaired cognitive processing). 

2. When asked if they could understand and obey his orders, they say yes even though they have both had drinks. People, when intoxicated, overestimate their abilities. That's why we have people who think they can drive under the influence. *cough* *cough*

2.5. Not necessarily the cops fault, more on the department, but cops should be trained to be able to identify if someone is inebriated. 

3. The cop should have ordered them to simply lay down with their hands out in front. Then handcuff them one at a time, not have them do some stupid and unnecessary crawl.

Did Daniel fuck up by not telling the cops he had something to drink? Yes. But, because of the cops poor judgment, training, and orders, someone needlessly died.

EDIT: Let's not forget that on top of having drinks, Daniel was obviously scared shitless. Cops feel scared in these situations too, I think we can all agree on that. But cops are and MUST be held to a higher standard. They are trained to remain calm and think logically in all situations. If you are unable to do that when there is an intoxicated and scared man, you are in the wrong job and should be held accountable for the incident.

23 minutes ago, krony said:

i shudder to think if I was in that situation, I possibly most likely will be dead because can't hear nor follow orders, Simon say. rip deaf peoples 

Simple solution just tell them to write the order in chat, that way you can follow the orders like everyone else.

1 hour ago, water.exe said:

Oh I'm sorry that I have a realistic way of looking at it and not the cops are evil way.

Look I know you are trying to make light of the situation but you need to look at this through both parties eyes. For him he is scared and being stupid, for the cops you have no idea if he has anything on him and they are trying to contain the situation to the best of their ability. Were the cops right in shooting him for that movement who knows. Should he have made that movement, no he shouldn't. Moral of this story If an officer is pointing a gun at you the BEST WAY TO WALK AWAY FROM THAT ALIVE IS TO FOLLOW HIS ORDERS 100% OF THE WAY HE SAYS IT.

You're thinking of this as a situation where the person with a gun aimed at them is totally sober, able to understand orders, and perform them without reasonable accommodation. Krony, for example, wouldn't be able to hear the orders, as he said. They weren't so much as warning him as they were looking for an excuse to kill him. Down on the ground, cuffed, that would've been the best option for everyone. The cop was absolutely in the wrong, giving confusing instructions that contradicted each other at times. While I'm trying not to make light of something that amounts to a really shitty murder, the cop was definitely kill whoring. Only rather than a ban, he really should rot in a prison. 

Some context to this because probably none of you looked up the details of this from Jan. 2016 Cops were called to this because of a Person on the 5th floor of Hotel waving a Rifle out the window of a hotel so their response with weapons drawn is pretty accurate.

6 minutes ago, water.exe said:

Some context to this because probably none of you looked up the details of this from Jan. 2016 Cops were called to this because of a Person on the 5th floor of Hotel waving a Rifle out the window of a hotel so their response with weapons drawn is pretty accurate.

My response never says having weapons drawn was unjustified. 

Edit: I don't think anyone in this thread thought to have guns out was uncalled for either. The arguments being made are the unreasonable orders the cop made and how he handled it poorly overall.

6 minutes ago, Yunki said:

The arguments being made are the unreasonable orders the cop made and how he handled it poorly overall.

1 minute ago, Travesty said:

Oh shit, true! That relieves the cops of all responsibility when they mishandle situations. How could I forget???

Kappa

2 hours ago, Yunki said:

My response never says having weapons drawn was unjustified. 

Edit: I don't think anyone in this thread thought to have guns out was uncalled for either. The arguments being made are the unreasonable orders the cop made and how he handled it poorly overall.

Cops ordering someone into a submissive position is uncalled for? That is for their safety and I dont see how that is unreasonable.

7 hours ago, water.exe said:

Cops ordering someone into a submissive position is uncalled for? That is for their safety and I dont see how that is unreasonable.

Did the cops simply ask the an to get into a submissive position and wait for them to arrest him? No.

They asked a scared and drunk man to perform a task which had many restrictions, any of which that he broke would result in his death. 

For the sake of saving time, see my actual, non trolling response on page 2. Read both before up-voting or down-voting for an informed opinion.

Spoiler

The amount of people that think they are experts on this is amazing.

Being in the military as well, I would have shot that guy to. The officer here gave him many, MANY chances to survive this encounter. Above and beyond.

I wear my service pistol EXACTLY on where the kid put his hands, even I know that looks like he was going to draw a weapon. A WEAPON THE OFFICERS WERE TOLD HE HAD.

Emotional distressed people are you WORST enemy. They do stupid things in the heat of the moment. The officer here did his job, and protected his partner and his own life, as well as the life of the woman they had moved (You can hear the other officer telling her to be cool and we will all get through this).

As well, he was found not guilt. By PROFESSIONALS. Not the internet. There is a reason your liberal bleeding hearts are not the ones ruling on this. He did his job and anybody who has EVER been in a situation where lives are at risk knows this.

This kid FUCKED up several times, the first of which was reported to the police as some psycho welding a weapon which the officers responded to. Do you think cops just show up to drunk people with Ar-15s ready to go? Jesus.

Moral of the story, don't get drunk and start brandishing a weapon about, and then ignore officers instructions that were communicated several times QUITE CLEARLY. Don't forget the kid also said he wasn't inebriated and could understand.

He was found not guilty for a good reason, you keyboard warriors have no idea.

13 minutes ago, Battlemech7 said:

He was found not guilty for a good reason, you keyboard warriors have no idea.

Total-Moron-750x600.jpg

8 minutes ago, SpartanSakaro said:

You know who else was found not guilty, OJ simpson, just saying.

You know who else was found guilty? Edward Snowden. Just saying.

Personally, I prefer not to shoot people.

If it was available, this would be a situation where a tazer could have been employed. But it wasn't. This was an officer reacting to a very sudden quick movement to a known hot zone for weapon placement. It is unfortunate the kid died, and of course there could have been alternative ways to incapacitate the suspect...but this is all about that ONE second, and honestly, I feel the officer had enough pre established information to go on that this guy could very possibly have had a weapon on him. Hind sight is a bitch.