Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Get Schwifty

We should revive the sG Dark RP server

I believe there was a point when we tried it, and it ultimately failed. I think the main problem is there's so many DarkRP servers out there, that it's hard to compete with them. sG already has a name for itself as far as our GMod TTT Servers, so it's probably better just to stick with TTT.

Just now, Ironic said:

I believe there was a point when we tried it, and it ultimately failed. I think the main problem is there's so many DarkRP servers out there, that it's hard to compete with them. sG already has a name for itself as far as our GMod TTT Servers, so it's probably better just to stick with TTT.

Very closed way of thinking considering there have been several people who have voiced their wish for a DarkRP server. If other servers are having success then it sounds like something we should capitalize on IF we have somebody willing to set the server up and work on it.

From what I've heard over the past few years it sounds like it would take a lot of work to get it going and keep it unique, which is more than likely the reason we haven't gone down that route.

@Get Schwifty do you have any knowledge on setting up mods for Gmod servers?

I'm down for some dark RP we should have a community vote all together and hopefully the community will actually play it.

6 hours ago, Rayne said:

Very closed way of thinking considering there have been several people who have voiced their wish for a DarkRP server. If other servers are having success then it sounds like something we should capitalize on IF we have somebody willing to set the server up and work on it.

From what I've heard over the past few years it sounds like it would take a lot of work to get it going and keep it unique, which is more than likely the reason we haven't gone down that route.

@Get Schwifty do you have any knowledge on setting up mods for Gmod servers?

Setting up a GMod server/managing it isn't really that hard. Mods (LUA) however I could never figure out how to do. That's the hard part, and probably why we don't have any GMod Engineers right now.

The only big problem is servers are EXPENSIVE as all get out. So to try to add a DarkRP server, it would need to have a steady population and bring more people in to help donate to go toward the server.