Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

rip daca (not dakka)

I have no sympathy for these kids.

Their parents broke the law.

They don't have jobs.

They cost taxpayers money.

Deport Eric & Don Jr.

Just now, water.exe said:

I mean Obama did overstep his reach and courts agreed that he did in so breaking the law.

Hard to argue 'Law is the Law' when you pardon Arpaio though 

25 minutes ago, Travesty said:

They don't have jobs.

Deport Eric & Don Jr.

Wait... I thought many of them had jobs and that was the point to get a work visa??? At least the couple stories I've heard but maybe that is just the fake news lying and most are no good moochers.

Whatever the case it is sad but a weird funny that this is how it basically played out... Oh you where brought here as kids illegal and not citizens? Yeah that is kind of fucked up. So, here register for this program so you can be semi-legal. Everyone signed up? Good. PSYCH! Now we got all your information and locations you dumb bastards. Back to Mexican Land for you and now we can find you easy.

Idk what you guys mean with them not having jobs, both my cousins have jobs graduated high school in top 10% and worked their asses off all just to now have it been for nothing.

I still don't understand the logic behind this decision. They aren't here illegally, they're typically more law-abiding than natural born citizens. They're usually pretty educated, so 

2 hours ago, Travesty said:

They don't have jobs.

Deport Eric & Don Jr.

The first lines make me think you're talking about the people affected directly by this change. Your last line makes me think that you're making a joke and want to deport the Trumps. But I'll address it in the case of the former. 

You should have sympathy. The sins of the father are not to be laid upon the children. Why return kids who grew up here to a country they don't know? They've joined the workforce, they pay taxes and actually develop the economy further, rather than hurting it. Don't forget, the leeches are those on Welfare. I say that lightly, because I understand it's a necessary evil, but let's say that citizens receiving hand outs far and away take more from hard working Americans than highly educated, hard working migrants. They're nothing but good for America and the economy. I see no reason that they need to leave. They're here, and once here long enough, they can apply for citizenship and get a label for something that doesn't truly matter in the grand scheme of things. 

So serious talk, can these dreamers get regular visa or do they not have proper documents from their home country? And then if not what happens when they go back? Who the fuck came up with the stupid dreamers name? Did daca avoid them having to follow the h1b1 requirements and companies the rules for hiring h1b1? If they have proper documentation from their home country couldn't they get a h1b1? Man this is all fucked. They are bitching about Obama over stepping with an executive order but this was probably a good reason given how complicated the situation is. Simplifies things.

1 hour ago, tazmanianxdude said:

Idk what you guys mean with them not having jobs, both my cousins have jobs graduated high school in top 10% and worked their asses off all just to now have it been for nothing.

DACA's requirements were too lax IMO anyways. I think it should have been graduated college, not high school. Graduating top 10% of high school, whoop-de-doo. Almost everyone at the university I went to graduated the top 10% of their respective classes in high school. 

34 minutes ago, fatb0y said:

DACA's requirements were too lax IMO anyways. I think it should have been graduated college, not high school. Graduating top 10% of high school, whoop-de-doo. Almost everyone at the university I went to graduated the top 10% of their respective classes in high school. 

They are finishing college this year most of them off to do big things in the medical field. And @Travesty you wouldnt be joking about it if you knew how it felt to have a family member be affected by this. 

Just now, tazmanianxdude said:

They are finishing college this year most of them off to do big things in the medical field. And @Travesty you wouldnt be joking about it if you knew how it felt to have a family member be affected by this. 

Your cousins grew up here, in America, went to college, and never thought about becoming citizens? That is their own or their parent's fault. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student.html

Anyways, if DACA is a concern, they can go through the proper channels to acquire student/work visas in America. Like every other legal immigrant. 

Or they can propose to a citizen and just get married. 

2 hours ago, tazmanianxdude said:

your right I'd joke about it harder

11 hours ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

I still don't understand the logic behind this decision. They aren't here illegally, they're typically more law-abiding than natural born citizens.

Same reason why the candidate of "Law and Order" pardoned Joe Arpaio and was unusually reluctant to comment on Charlottesville. Dogwhistling to his base. There is no other reason that would justify deporting 800,000 people, 90% who are employed, based on the faults of their parents.

7 hours ago, fatb0y said:

Anyways, if DACA is a concern, they can go through the proper channels to acquire student/work visas in America. Like every other legal immigrant. 

Do you know anyone that's gone through this process lately? All I hear from artists (from UK and Europe) trying to get work visas to play overseas is that its an extremely convoluted, confusing and arduous process. Lots of artists, even with the right documentation and clear background check don't get approved. I can't imagine how hard it is for an illegal immigrant who doesn't have papers from home to try and go through this process.

Just now, JFK said:

Same reason why the candidate of "Law and Order" pardoned Joe Arpaio and was unusually reluctant to comment on Charlottesville. Dogwhistling to his base. There is no other reason that would justify deporting 800,000 people, 90% who are employed, based on the faults of their parents.

That clip though.... wow lol.

He really is just dogwhistling. To be honest, I don't think there will be a mass deportation and after seeing that clip, I don't think Trump would ever go through with it. Just imagine what a mass deportation looks like and how much of a mess that would be. There's no way.

This is Trump's win/win strategy:

• Undo something Obama did
  • Get Congress to "work" on it for him instead

I bet he feels like he can't be blamed if it goes bad, and if it does he'll just put the blame on Congress. Trump can wipe his hands clean thinking he's done a job well-done.

2 hours ago, Travesty said:

Do you know anyone that's gone through this process lately? All I hear from artists (from UK and Europe) trying to get work visas to play overseas is that its an extremely convoluted, confusing and arduous process. Lots of artists, even with the right documentation and clear background check don't get approved. I can't imagine how hard it is for an illegal immigrant who doesn't have papers from home to try and go through this process.

A friend of a friend is from France, and will begin working at an Architecture firm. His workplace acquired a work visa for him, and got him an airbnb for a month. Prior to getting his job, he was getting his masters at Penn State, I assume the school got his Visa for him. I don't know how complicated the process is, but are you implying that the legal process should just be ignored because it is hard?

Those artists you mentioned should have retained legal counsel to guide them through the legal process of acquiring temporary work visas, I am assuming they didn't. Yes, the immigration process is long, but plenty of people go through it. I'm sure a band like Mumford & Sons doesn't have any issue with getting their hands on a visa.  

This may sound elitist, but even though all people might be created equal, they certainly don't have the same value.

Just now, fatb0y said:

A friend of a friend is from France, and will begin working at an Architecture firm. His workplace acquired a work visa for him, and got him an airbnb for a month. Prior to getting his job, he was getting his masters at Penn State, I assume the school got his Visa for him. I don't know how complicated the process is, but are you implying that the legal process should just be ignored because it is hard?

It may be impossible. DACA gave them a green card but I'm not sure they have a Passport from their home country or documents to actually get one. This means they couldn't even travel back to their country if they wanted to. Parts of a memo were just leaked that advised expiring DACA recipients to leave the country or turn themselves in for deportation. The latter is probably what they will have to do and in doing so will mean they have to wait at least 5 years for any kind of visa to re-enter(assuming they can get a passport in their home country). This can be waived if they can get a H1B1 but there are no rules for a waiver and would be if the judge feels to allow it or not.

So basically these people have to go back to a country that they may not even have rights in and are completely unfamiliar with. Then they will have wait for the proper legal process which might be impossible. The immigration could mark their removal order as permanent which means they are never coming back.

I think they are all really fucked given the memo leaked and also the fact that Trump wants to expand the deportation power of Department of Homeland Security. This administration is not going to allow any of them back in and I wouldn't be surprised if legal work visa's become few and far between. First step was getting rid of the Muslims. Next step is getting rid of the Mexicans. What's the next step? get rid of H1B1 completely. Then what? End immigration?

Just now, centran said:

First step was getting rid of the Muslims. Next step is getting rid of the Mexicans. What's the next step? get rid of H1B1 completely. Then what? End immigration?

murica1.jpg

Just now, centran said:

Holy shit. I can't even.

3 hours ago, Travesty said:

This is Trump's win/win strategy:

• Undo something Obama did
  • Get Congress to "work" on it for him instead

I forgot one thing:

• Get someone (Jeff Sessions) else to make the announcement instead of him lol

Just now, centran said:

It may be impossible. DACA gave them a green card but I'm not sure they have a Passport from their home country or documents to actually get one. This means they couldn't even travel back to their country if they wanted to. Parts of a memo were just leaked that advised expiring DACA recipients to leave the country or turn themselves in for deportation. The latter is probably what they will have to do and in doing so will mean they have to wait at least 5 years for any kind of visa to re-enter(assuming they can get a passport in their home country). This can be waived if they can get a H1B1 but there are no rules for a waiver and would be if the judge feels to allow it or not.

So basically these people have to go back to a country that they may not even have rights in and are completely unfamiliar with. Then they will have wait for the proper legal process which might be impossible. The immigration could mark their removal order as permanent which means they are never coming back.

I think they are all really fucked given the memo leaked and also the fact that Trump wants to expand the deportation power of Department of Homeland Security. This administration is not going to allow any of them back in and I wouldn't be surprised if legal work visa's become few and far between. First step was getting rid of the Muslims. Next step is getting rid of the Mexicans. What's the next step? get rid of H1B1 completely. Then what? End immigration?

This isn't going to happen. Hundreds of thousands of legal work visas are given out every year, to people with specialized skills.

These people that don't have legal work visas, and are here illegally broke the law. Getting a work visa, doesn't mean getting a green card. You work here with your work visa for a period of time, and then you apply for permanent residency, your green card. I mean, honestly, these people who get sent back to their home countries (who might not have status in their home countries) well sucks for them. I don't know why they expected to have any legal status in America if they didnt plan on entering legally. 

My friend from high school married his south korean, exchange student, girlfriend to get her citizenship. Because she would otherwise have to go back to Korea for summer break. Again, if the law is set-up to be difficult or impossible, doesn't mean you ignore the law. You should try to change the law.

Immigration policy is something that should be determined by Congress, not unilaterally by the President. 

On 9/6/2017 at 3:21 PM, fatb0y said:

These people that don't have legal work visas, and are here illegally broke the law. Getting a work visa, doesn't mean getting a green card. You work here with your work visa for a period of time, and then you apply for permanent residency, your green card. I mean, honestly, these people who get sent back to their home countries (who might not have status in their home countries) well sucks for them. I don't know why they expected to have any legal status in America if they didnt plan on entering legally.

2 hours ago, JFK said:

LOL. flippity floppity

However, he did say congress would get 6 months to figure this shit out. Now it sounds like someone was finally able to sit down with the president and explain clearly enough to him how fucked up the situation is and now he understands and is like yeah that's pretty fucked up.

I will say what I said with the transgender in military issue... Someone in the pentagon obviously knows how to communicate and get through to the President. They wanted to increase federal law enforcement budget but they know democrats would not be on board with that. Therefore they throw the Dems a bone by saving the dreamers but increasing border patrol. Then they know how to manipulate Trump to get him to agree.