Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slyfox

Should I honestly bring my PC to college?

So, last year I lived off campus, and I had my PC at home.  But now, I felt like a major change, and now I'm moving onto a different University, and will be living at the on campus dorms.  Which are small. 

I have a Macbook Pro, which I use basically for Word/Powerpoint, and all the stuff required for courses (math homework, etc).  My PC I only use really for gaming, and that is it.  It is also pretty big, but I feel like I would like to kick back from time to time and play some games.  My roomate and I will not be bringing a TV or Console, so pretty much that leaves our Laptops and iPad's we use for ForeFlight.  I'm also going to be pretty busy with ROTC, so I honestly don't know if I will have time. 

The main thing I want to ask here is: Is bringing a large/space consuming PC worth it in a small dorm just really for playing video games?  Anyone here have experience with it? Pro's/Cons?

So, last year I lived off campus, and I had my PC at home.  But now, I felt like a major change, and now I'm moving onto a different University, and will be living at the on campus dorms.  Which are small. 

I have a Macbook Pro, which I use basically for Word/Powerpoint, and all the stuff required for courses (math homework, etc).  My PC I only use really for gaming, and that is it.  It is also pretty big, but I feel like I would like to kick back from time to time and play some games.  My roomate and I will not be bringing a TV or Console, so pretty much that leaves our Laptops and iPad's we use for ForeFlight.  I'm also going to be pretty busy with ROTC, so I honestly don't know if I will have time. 

The main thing I want to ask here is: Is bringing a large/space consuming PC worth it in a small dorm just really for playing video games?  Anyone here have experience with it? Pro's/Cons?

Honestly you will have plenty of time to play video games after you get your school done and depending on what kind of gaming you do, you can do that on your Mac book.

(I personally can't think of an Pros of bringing it) But cons: It will take up a huge amount of space, it will probably be a distraction if you are trying to get good grades for school (Especially ROTC), you will use it maybe to procrastinate.

I honestly would just keep your eyes on the prize to get through school and get through ROTC.
Also what branch are you Commissioning into? Please say Air Force?

On 8/22/2017 at 10:25 PM, |USAF| ECHO IS MY LOVE\ said:

Honestly you will have plenty of time to play video games after you get your school done and depending on what kind of gaming you do, you can do that on your Mac book.

(I personally can't think of an Pros of bringing it) But cons: It will take up a huge amount of space, it will probably be a distraction if you are trying to get good grades for school (Especially ROTC), you will use it maybe to procrastinate.

I honestly would just keep your eyes on the prize to get through school and get through ROTC.
Also what branch are you Commissioning into? Please say Air Force?

USAF ROTC.  Getting ready to start FTP and take my AFOQT. Aiming for a Pilot slot. 

On 8/25/2017 at 3:55 AM, Rayne said:

What Moose said, just make sure your priorities are in order if you do bring it. 

Definitely. Thanks for the advice.

On 8/25/2017 at 0:40 AM, Moose said:

Never had more time in my life than College. Should probably bring it.

I guess I just hope it fits on my desk. Thanks.