Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swed

Foxhole - What is it and how to play it

http://store.steampowered.com/app/505460/Foxhole/

Foxhole is a massively multiplayer game where you will work with hundreds of players to shape the outcome of a persistent online war. Every individual soldier is a player that contributes to the war effort through logistics, base building, reconnaissance, combat, and more.

Basically, you are the cog in one side of a war effort. You can contribute by mining resources, working logistics, base building, or actually fighting the other side with a variety of ww2 style weapons. It's very hard to do anything on your own and teamwork is a must for any plan to succeed. Servers are persistent and work towards victory can span multiple days. You won't be winning in a few hours.

The game has a pretty steep learning curve so I'll link some tutorial videos here. These videos will only really give you the gist of whats going on and it takes a bit to understand how to do anything without guidance. Hopefully myself and @Sith will be able to help alleviate that.

EDIT: I've made a Steam group to help us organize. Message me on steam for an invite.

This was a pretty sweet gameplay video I found:

Would be wicked if we could get a good group of sG members to play together.

35 minutes ago, Sportsteen583 said:

I've been playing it a little, hit me up it you wanna play/squad up.

Is it worth the price tag? I'm half tempted but Idk I guess I'd only get it if enough people had it. 

Thank you for this.

I've been teetering on whether or not to pick this up, and I just might in the coming days. Perhaps this weekend. Lots of work to do in real life, so I won't be available until around that time.

It definitely looks interesting. It's hard for me to justify $20 on it though. My new job doesn't start until September.

Had a lot of fun with @Swed @Tyrone @Dakka and @ThatOllieWhoDies on Foxhole last night.

We were sneaky beaky like and went behind enemy lines. We took a bunch of HE grenades to get past some enemy foxholes and we destroyed two supply trucks. We even got close to their base and destroyed a wall to breach the enemy.

More people would definitely make these missions a lot more fun. We eventually had more people on our team helping us out and push with us. I'd recommend the game if anyone is looking to work as a team.

JIG SQUAD BOI

Me, @Swed, @Travesty@Tyrone and @ThatOllieWhoDies basically won a server for them. Just the five of us. I ran logistics and Swed ran the offensive. So fucking smooth, so easy. It helped that we joined a somewhat winning team (we had about 60% of the map controlled) but we were definitely the winning push.

Tyrone after you left, we blew through that wall you told us to take down and snuck into their base! We survived long enough (and died a few times in between) to blow up their town hall with a fuck ton of grenades and satchel charges.

11 hours ago, Travesty said:

Tyrone after you left, we blew through that wall you told us to take down and snuck into their base! We survived long enough (and died a few times in between) to blow up their town hall with a fuck ton of grenades and satchel charges.

ez game ez life