Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fontaine

Forum Update

EDIT: The rest of the forum themes have been upgraded (including Brave and Subway). Tapatalk should also be working once again.

EDIT 2: Badges/Awards are back

The forums have been upgraded to version 4.2. With this update comes several new features and changes. I have pulled some of them from the changelog for your viewing pleasure:

Clubs - Clubs are a brand new way of supporting sub-communities within your site. Many people have requested social group functionality in the past and Clubs are our implementation of this concept. 

For now, clubs will have to be approved by a moderator before being published. Within a club, you can manage your own set of moderators, individual forums, and calendars. Global site rules will apply within clubs.

Reactions - Offer more fine-grained sentiments towards content than a simple up/down or 'like'. They are now in common usage on social networks, and so users expect to be able to be more nuanced in their response to something they see. 

NOTE: Depending on the reaction, the user will also receive +/- or neutral reputation. 

reaction.gif.cdbb09b8c28b53d505389be864c

Leader board enhancements - For 4.2 we made some improvements to the Top Members section of the Leaderboard. A new overview page tab shows a selection of the top members across different criteria.

Check it out here: http://www.joinsg.net/leaderboard/

Authy integration - While 2-Factor authentication has been present since last update, Authy support has been added with this update. Check out here for more information.

Shoutbox - With the new update, we decided to give the chatbox another try. Look for it at the top of the main forum view page. Global forum guidelines apply for all messages. Note that messages will auto refresh every 10 seconds (restriction by the application). 

Themes - There have been minor tweaks to all the themes to support the update. Right now only Spectrum and Dashboard have been updated. Brave and Subway will be updated soon.

For more upgrade information from IPB, check out this page: https://invisioncommunity.com/news/invision-community-42-r1030/

Bugs/Suggestions - Please post any problems or suggestions you have in the Website Bug Tracker (located here or under the "Server Info" drop down on the main menu). 

fontaine

http://www.joinsg.net/topmembers/

@Junzou you're finally #1 in something. How happy are you today? Who would you like to thank?

Which ones give positive and negative rep? Are lifechoice and downrep the only negative reputation one can give/receive?

no more auto embedding of posts?

http://i.imgur.com/5VtCMai.gifv

Also we do need a haHAA reaction. It's very fitting for most of the newly created threads/posts.

I don't think :kms: should be -1. I almost never see it used negatively, it's usually used to commiserate with the post/message.

haHAA on the other hand I could see being -1. With the exception of Travesty's meta post above, it's always used to say the post/message is cringy.

At the beginning of the day I would have agreed with you on the haHAA emote. 

But @Face convinced me otherwise with his unconquerable argument that now we finally have a reaction for sweetrocks posts and to not feel bad about using it afterwards. 

I do hope however these reactions are temporary, similar to Iherdcows' step down. Surely there's a way back to making this the best timeline. 

Can we get a better search cooldown, or make it so that switching pages on the search doesn't act like its a whole new search and give you a cooldown of like 20 seconds.
Trying to search someone's name is really annoying when you cannot go to the 2nd page for a whole 20 seconds.

5 hours ago, Revöker said:

Can we get a better search cooldown, or make it so that switching pages on the search doesn't act like its a whole new search and give you a cooldown of like 20 seconds.
Trying to search someone's name is really annoying when you cannot go to the 2nd page for a whole 20 seconds.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have changed the flood control for the Level 1-5 groups to 2 seconds rather than 20.

2 hours ago, xmen said:

Yo what happened to the badges?

Good question. You would think I would have noticed that. Apparently it needs updating to the newest version. I am awaiting Jason's renewal and then I will have it fixed. Thank you!

On 8/11/2017 at 0:21 AM, fatb0y said:

I think LUL should be +1 and not neutral. 

Can we replace Haha emote with LUL  while also making it a +1