Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hawk

Regarding Jailbreak...

This is what I posted in the SO forum regarding jailbreaks population, I felt like it wouldn't hurt to make a post about it since SOs are not the only people that can help. Feel free to post other suggestions about the matter, please be serious about it and don't meme...

"Since I mainly play on JB, I will say what I think has to be done to help the pop for JB.

Getting a consistent population can be done by getting regulars, either new or old players. People dislike to play on an empty server and it's usually not that fun to pop it, but I need all of you that actually care about the server to get on and try to pop it even if it's not that fun, it will for sure pay off in the future. @fps_trucka and some others almost "revived" the server about a month ago (We went from 4k to 2k in server ranking), this was mainly accomplished by popping the server everyday for about 2 weeks. Jailbreak has always had ups and downs regarding the population, but it has always been brought back to life. We can for sure do this again. I will keep pushing out events and popping the server as much as I can, because I care about the server. I can't do all of this alone, I need your help, even if it's just by getting on and playing a few rounds. We have an event on Friday and the skins will be added again, this is a perfect time to get started. Popping the server for about 2 weeks should be enough to get some regulars and new players.

Sorry for being so inspirational lmao.

The second thing that has to be done for people to enjoy playing on the server is the warden problem like @krony mentioned. Please inspire the wardens to come up with some fun games and fun things to do, or take warden yourself and do something fun. If you see a warden doing climb 3 rounds in a row you should tell him to do something else and spice things up abit, instead of leaving the server because you think it's boring."

I think SO's should get on more often. I know one reason why SO's don't get on often is because no one is playing. SO's should help pop the server (getting on when there's 0 people and inviting friends) since JB is much more fun with admins. 

Maybe SO's do get on and pop the server, but I rarely/ never see it happening

It feels like its the worst it's ever been. I've popped on a few times though it's just depressing. I logon to see if anyone is on from time to time. Spoiler: There never is. 

Edit: 7 People on! Its legit by the miracle of this thread =]

the thing is tho by the time (lets just say me for example) i get the server pop'd its been like 3 hours of doing nothing in a dead server, and by that time i dont even want to be on my computer anymore. i literally wasted countless afternoons for the sake of other peoples fun trying to get the server going. i dont regret that ive had great times playing with low pop. what bothers me is that it sure is easy to say "Hey everyone, lets go pop Xserver" but i never see anyone actually do it for more than 30 mins. admins dont want to get on because there is nothing for them to do other than pop, and being the sheriff of a ghost town is no fun and ultimately thats why i stop playing.

honestly i dont think anything went wrong or that sG made some bad decisions. csgo is simply dying.

Just now, Dr Pepper said:

csgo is simply dying.

No, it's not. I don't know where you get the idea that it is. 57ccc0347b.png  it's the second most played game on steam.

4 hours ago, Dr Pepper said:

the thing is tho by the time (lets just say me for example) i get the server pop'd its been like 3 hours of doing nothing in a dead server, and by that time i dont even want to be on my computer anymore. i literally wasted countless afternoons for the sake of other peoples fun trying to get the server going. i dont regret that ive had great times playing with low pop. what bothers me is that it sure is easy to say "Hey everyone, lets go pop Xserver" but i never see anyone actually do it for more than 30 mins. admins dont want to get on because there is nothing for them to do other than pop, and being the sheriff of a ghost town is no fun and ultimately thats why i stop playing.

honestly i dont think anything went wrong or that sG made some bad decisions. csgo is simply dying.

Its not always like that. I make sure I invite EVERYONE on my friends list and spam discord to try and get people on. So if it is a ghost town you probably aren't doing this.  I'll help out anytime as long I have free time!

Just now, fps_trucka said:

Its not always like that. I make sure I invite EVERYONE on my friends list and spam discord to try and get people on. So if it is a ghost town you probably aren't doing this.  I'll help out anytime as long I have free time!

you are right, its not always like that. You and hawk have done more to help server pop than most, and i respect you both for that.

I signed up for SO over a year ago when we had a consistent playerbase. i did it to maintain the server (deal with hackers, massrdms, ect...) making it more fun for everyone, myself included. time went on more and more players stop coming around and i have witnessed all of this first hand. i put in the work and now im #2 in playtime. what started as something i was doing for everyone turned into something i was doing for no one. i was optimistic that the server would make a comeback in the summer but that has not been the case. like i said before i don't think it has anything to do with sG, the problem is csgo. just look around the web everything csgo is on a downward trend: csgo youtube, csgo on twitch has taken a massive hit, gambling websites, ect.

im not saying the game is dead or anywhere close to it. honestly, it probably will never die with skins and such. but the data is there and the numbers don't lie. csgo is on a decline and has been for a while now. 

Just now, Dr Pepper said:

im not saying the game is dead or anywhere close to it. honestly, it probably will never die with skins and such. but the data is there and the numbers don't lie. csgo is on a decline and has been for a while now. 

1. A major just ended and all the pro players are taking time off - means no tournaments means no viewers on twitch, almost no one wants to watch people play rank S anymore. (twitch)

2. A lot of people dislike the current operation and the operation maps. There will be an increase in players as soon as they finish remaking dust2. Or the new hud that we have been promised ages ago.

3. There were a lot of fps issues with the game lately and valve only just now fixed it e.g.: I usually get arround 300 fps on nuke, but with the issue it went down to 50.

4. I don't know why a decrease should even count as an excuse for our servers dieing. Just look at other communities they are doing better than ever, while we are staying at close to 0 players. (regarding all servers) 

5. A lot of old regulars are fed up with the game mode and are currently playing other games (pubg). Just look at ZE it went from 40 players to zero in almost no time at all.

Just now, Jodas said:

1. A major just ended and all the pro players are taking time off - means no tournaments means no viewers on twitch, almost no one wants to watch people play rank S anymore. (twitch)

2. A lot of people dislike the current operation and the operation maps. There will be an increase in players as soon as they finish remaking dust2. Or the new hud that we have been promised ages ago.

3. There were a lot of fps issues with the game lately and valve only just now fixed it e.g.: I usually get arround 300 fps on nuke, but with the issue it went down to 50.

4. I don't know why a decrease should even count as an excuse for our servers dieing. Just look at other communities they are doing better than ever, while we are staying at close to 0 players. (regarding all servers) 

5. A lot of old regulars are fed up with the game mode and are currently playing other games (pubg). Just look at ZE it went from 40 players to zero in almost no time at all.

1. if people are only interest in twitch for the pro scene then they sure as heck wont join our casual servers. and this isn't a recent change all of this has been ongoing for at least a year now

2. ok

3. ok

4. uhhhh because less people playing overall means less players on our servers. there is a direct correlation. i don't know what else to say.

5. thats kinda what i was getting at, csgo playerbase is moving onto other games like pubg. oldregs want to play other games and csgo isnt bringing in any new ones. 

We got the population going today for a bit, but I saw a lot of killwhoring like guys their new they may not know what's going on chill out help them out a bit, give then a chance.

So last time I played a few days of JB, all that happened is every round T's rebelled, and the round ended in a few minutes.

Next round, T's rebelled, and the round ended in a few minutes.

Guess what happened the next round?

This went on for 3 maps, where almost every round was boring because just as we got out of cell block to do something fun, all the CT's were dead.

I know at that time we had a few bad CT's, but we also had a few good T's, that knew the map and how to aim.  Ultimately I don't think anyone but the couple T's always rebelling were actually having fun that day.

What we really need are a few good personalities that make the game fun.  My favorite memories of the server were when warden monkeh would be on.  They were complete shitshow rounds, but they were always fun.

T's need to start playing the games, and CT's need to start herding the T's instead of just trying to kill them ASAP.  Somewhere down the line it became, how fast can we kill each other, and people stopped playing for the server games, and played for the kills.

Just now, ctark said:

So last time I played a few days of JB, all that happened is every round T's rebelled, and the round ended in a few minutes.

Next round, T's rebelled, and the round ended in a few minutes.

Guess what happened the next round?

This went on for 3 maps, where almost every round was boring because just as we got out of cell block to do something fun, all the CT's were dead.

I know at that time we had a few bad CT's, but we also had a few good T's, that knew the map and how to aim.  Ultimately I don't think anyone but the couple T's always rebelling were actually having fun that day.

What we really need are a few good personalities that make the game fun.  My favorite memories of the server were when warden monkeh would be on.  They were complete shitshow rounds, but they were always fun.

T's need to start playing the games, and CT's need to start herding the T's instead of just trying to kill them ASAP.  Somewhere down the line it became, how fast can we kill each other, and people stopped playing for the server games, and played for the kills.

I agree, everyone should stop caring so much about points. It will be hard to get the Ts to stop rebelling, however the CTs can start try abit more. I am not talking about killwhoring, they just need to be more safe. Instead of telling them to run somewhere the warden could tell them to crouch walk to get more control over the group. CTs also need more awareness, it's so easy to rebell nowdays.

13 hours ago, Dr Pepper said:

dont look at today's peak look at the playerbase over the past year or so. http://steamcharts.com/app/730

just look at the drop off when PUBG got released http://steamcharts.com/cmp/730,578080#All

Not really sure how you think this is an argument. This could be said about pretty much any hyped up game release ever. Comparing a game that has been out now for over 5 years, versus one people (and big twitch streamers especially) are playing, of course you're going to see a dip in the older game.

I don't think this is just a Jailbreak issue. CSGO may not be dead, but in our community it certainly feels that way.

b9ca8d8337.png