Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pike

Jailbreak Rules Update (19/07/17)

The rules have been reformatted to be a lot more clear to new players. The rules should be the same but just formatted differently. I would like to thank revoker for doing a lot of the work on this. Hopefully this will make it easier for players to understand our rules. If there are any problems you find please message me ASAP so that I can try to fix it.

Rules Here

Thanks, I have been wanting to do this for years...

Some stats that I noticed while making the changes

old rules ~3,100 words (~14,400 characters)

New rules ~2,800 words (~13,100 characters)

While that difference may not seem like much, it does need to be noted that the Preface, Sec X, and XI are completely new.  There were many redundant rules that were taken out and some added back to make sure they were followed.  The changes that made the biggest difference was changing sentences to be statements rather than directive towards the player

eq "To end a game, you must either specifically state that the game is over or that you are starting a new game."

to "Games are ended when either warden specifically states that the game is over or starts a new game."

Not the best example but you get the idea.  I really hope this makes finding rules a lot easier for all players new and old.

EDIT: I really do have to thank @Pike though for allowing me to make these changes to the rules as well with his suggestions and input on how sentences should be worded.  I believe he also formatted it into the forums and added the cool links that go to the different sections for reference (I didn't think of that).