Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Get Schwifty

Racism

On 9/20/2017 at 9:57 AM, Beerman said:

Lol at the two people desperately trying to make excuses for their need and desire to spew the N word. @water.exe and @ATG_AGENT are on your side too. Apparently you can say the N word with the hard R if you hear black people using it.

Edgy. 

In what context do you feel the need to call somebody the N word?

i'm only just now reading all this, but we are talking about niggardly, it's not a word you use to "call someone" it's a term to indicate being a filthy money grubbing jew and has nothing whatsoever to do with being black.

I think you should feel free to say the "N" word with er or a at the end as long as you're man enough to say it around a bunch of black people. If you're too much of a bitch to do it, then stop saying it.. you're just a bitch.

1 hour ago, driz said:

i'm only just now reading all this, but we are talking about niggardly, it's not a word you use to "call someone" it's a term to indicate being a filthy money grubbing jew and has nothing whatsoever to do with being black.

sisko_facepalm.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Honestly, the rules are blatantly hypocritical. It's kind of how 95% of all ddos threats come from asia, so we block most (all?) of asia from our servers. 95% of kids trying to be cool (e-thugs as c12k said) is getting a rise out of people with the n-word, people meme about kids on xbox calling people the n-word for a reason.

If our rules actually had anything to do with what's offensive vs what's not offensive, we would be equally concerned about use (or at least the over-use) of the words faggot, retard, etc. We clearly do not design our rules to block what's offensive, but to block what "edgy" kids/young-adults will over-use most.

I think anyone actively trying to defend any word that is similar in sound or spelling to the n-word (@driz included, who I have a lot of respect for) is just trying to be edgy or overly technical. Arguing "context matters" is idiotic, we all know what the context is on a video game server with the average age being about 17. Don't pretend anybody says knickers or niggardly etc. without knowing what exactly what they are doing.

That being said, I think our rules on what you can do/say on our server are fairly loose and often unenforced.

Just now, Face said:

That being said, I think our rules on what you can do/say on our server are fairly loose and often unenforced.

I think that is kind of the point. If no one takes offense to the words, no harm done, goes unenforced. 

However, if someone is genuinely offended by some statements, complaints can be made and rules are enforced. 

This is a gaming community, we shouldnt have to police people on their behavior. However, if grievances and disputes arise we should try our best to settle them.  

See this is the beauty of necroing threads.

It allowed for some, we'll say... entertaining discussion from a thread that was open and closed on the same day. Then comes along some kid with only 1 post to turn this thread into what it is today... Almost 3 months later haha. 

Just now, Travesty said:

See this is the beauty of necroing threads.

It allowed for some, we'll say... entertaining discussion from a thread that was open and closed on the same day. Then comes along some kid with only 1 post to turn this thread into what it is today... Almost 3 months later haha. 

Never trust a necromancer.

Here is the definition of racism:

rac·ism

ˈrāˌsizəm/

noun

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

4 hours ago, darkfrywarrior said:

Here is the definition of racism:

rac·ism

ˈrāˌsizəm/

noun

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I think we already have that down pat, buddy, but thank you for contributing.

Just to be clear, Common Sense is not around anymore because its final date of publication was over two centuries ago...

Though, it should be noted that you can still acquire some at your local Barnes and Noble or on Amazon. The reason that less people have it these days it that it's so darn expensive...

You'd think that the national bestseller of all time would get its own "classic" edition, and therefore be readily available in libraries and schools across the nation, next to Jekyll and Hyde, and Moby Dick.

A tragedy, to be sure.

6 minutes ago, CanadianBill said:

Also, what about like swatstikas in sprays...? I mean there's no verbiage but obviously...

You can't use swastikas in sprays. 

On 7/14/2017 at 11:05 AM, Get Schwifty said:

Can you please describe what counts as racism please. People just don't quite seem to understand what counts as racism. Is there an actual rule somewhere on here that elaborates what racism is and isn't? If so please link it. Itd be greatly appreciated

In group preference is racism.

Unicultures are racist.

except for china, japan, korea, asia in general, africa ect.

With other words you can only be racist, if you are white, male and preferably christian.

Just now, fakegoose said:

With other words you can only be racist, if you are white, male and preferably christian.

??????????????????????????????????

Just now, fakegoose said:

Please tell me that this is a sarcastic jab at the people who actually believe this.