Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dylan

Gaming Laptops

Before you bash me I am aware they're shit and not worth the money, my current computer is trash and barely runs any games and i'm going to school next semester for Web Development, I also travel quite a bit recently last two months I went to North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Indiana and going to Florida in two weeks so i'm looking for something mobile I can take to class and do work on then when i'm traveling I can play games.

Price Range: 1500 is what i'm looking to spend.

Just now, vexer said:

Before you bash me I am aware they're shit and not worth the money, my current computer is trash and barely runs any games and i'm going to school next semester for Web Development, I also travel quite a bit recently last two months I went to North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Indiana and going to Florida in two weeks so i'm looking for something mobile I can take to class and do work on then when i'm traveling I can play games.

Price Range: 1500 is what i'm looking to spend.

Ill tell you right now, buying a gaming laptop when you actually need something portable with decent battery life will be the biggest mistake you will make.

That being said, here's some decent laptops that can run some less graphical intensive games:

https://uk.store.asus.com/asus-zenbook-ux310ua-13-3-laptop-qhd-intel-core-i7-8gb-ram-500gb-256gb-sshd-windows-10-home.html

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-910-2-in-1-14-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-drive-silver/5579131.p?skuId=5579131

Or check out the new microsoft surfaces. I'm heavily considering getting one.

@driz might have some recommendations

I'd say go with a top-tier Inspiron 15 7xxx Gaming series. Blah blah blah Dell bullshit blah blah, the reviews have been pretty solid from the tech youtubers, and it's well within budget at around $1000-1100. It isn't the thinnest laptop, but it should do everything you need to do while keeping a little extra coin in your pocket

13 hours ago, Destin said:

https://www.amazon.com/GL502VY-DS71-Gaming-Laptop-NVIDIA-GTX980M/dp/B01G1TURPG/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1497578112&sr=8-18&keywords=i7+980M+laptop

you're getting a last gen i7 and last gen Nvidia, but that's still an amazing price for those specs. 128gb m.2 ssd, plus it's surprisingly thin for packing that much heat

Gonna have to say the 980m model isn't really worth it. It's only one game, buuut that's a pretty big difference in performance going from the 9xx to the 10xx cards. On the numbers side, the 1070 mobile card is around the same performance level as a desktop 980Ti, where the 980m is slower than a desktop 970.

Also, sketchy seller is sketchy and not a certified ASUS vendor

Just now, Roflstomp said:

Gonna have to say the 980m model isn't really worth it. It's only one game, buuut that's a pretty big difference in performance going from the 9xx to the 10xx cards. On the numbers side, the 1070 mobile card is around the same performance level as a desktop 980Ti, where the 980m is slower than a desktop 970.

Also, sketchy seller is sketchy and not a certified ASUS vendor

But where is a 1070 laptop for under 1500, that isn't refurbished? 

3 hours ago, Destin said:

But where is a 1070 laptop for under 1500, that isn't refurbished? 

fair enough. 

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-i7-7700HQ-GeForce-G3-571-77QK/dp/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1497649213&sr=1-3&keywords=gtx+1060+laptop

Still beats it handily, sold by amazon directly, aaaand is still way under budget :D

18 minutes ago, Roflstomp said:

yea that's pretty sweet, I guess I forgot how good the 10xx series is on mobile and it skewed my perception of 1060 laptops, but looking at benchmarks.... yea that thing's a beast

They have external graphics card you might look into. Im not sure how "Mobile" it will be but they seem to be a decent size. Then you can at least game with decent performance. Just an idea.