Sign in to follow this  
turbulance

Hero Plugin concept;idea

So I got to thinking last night and today at work how the hero race idea could be implemented in a way that would be in the scope of fair and balanced and not rely on luck or player skill gaining access to the races but a actual built in plugin that will monitor the server and its players and keep track of the factors that allow a player the ability to use a hero race and a system to reward other players for killing a player on the race and the extra benefits a player would have for playing a hero race other than just trying to play a powerful race for a round so I hope you guys enjoy my idea's and concept for the "Hero" plugin.

The plugin is a point reward system. At the start of every round a player is not flagged afk or in spectate the player receives 1 loyalty point. These points have a 100 point cap. So the base minimum requirement for the plugin to activate is for the server population to be at 6 players none of which can be flagged afk or in spectate. Players then will start to receive their loyalty points. The points being gained this way makes it fair for all players to gain points so every player good and bad has the chance at gaining the currency. This will stop players from throwing rounds or actively trying to lose to gain access to the Hero system Dakka mentioned. Each player has access to the !hero command. Players can spend 20 loyalty points and select from the pool of heroes and once selected they are locked into that race for the next round COLORED TEXT warning will go out to both teams letting them know that someone on their team/other team is going to spawn next round as a hero character. Once a player on a team has selected and locked in to being a hero !hero command becomes disabled for the rest of the round for that team. 

REWARDS: For killing a player on a hero race the killer is rewarded a bonus 500 exp and assists are 150xp. Hero races by default are maxed level but still gain levels like a normal race and exp tracker keeps track of each players hero's exp. When a player on a hero race levels up that player is given 1 level in the exp bank. 

HERO RACE: So what I wanted to do to start with the hero races was to use the original four races to start the Human Alliance, Orc, Undead, Elven. King Anduin , Grommash , Sylvanas ,  and Tyrande. What I wanted to do to simply create the heros and make them strong and still keep their roots was to give the four original races an extra skill line called ( Heroic ) This Hero is immune to magic damage , ultimates , fall damage , immobilization effects , burning , and has 50% damage mitigation. The heroic mod could be a copy paste skill that could be added onto any race to make it a Hero race in the future or as the ENG see fit can make it into their own. Anyways this is my idea of a rewarding and "balanced" hero system were every player gets a chance to be the hero from the good players to the bad ones. 

DONOR BONUS: I felt since we have a donor system why not add one more perk to being a donor. Donors get double points and double rewards from the hero system. EX: 2 points a 1k exp for killing a hero and 300 exp for assists. I feel the 1 level in the bank on a level up is fair across the board even for donors. 

Edited by turbulance

We already have Tyrande as a race I believe. Also, your current system for gaining points, as described, would only give at max 20 points. And then when someone goes to spend them, the map is over. And if you do suggest changes to the point system, I don't think merit would be the right way to go. You'll only ever see top players gaining access to hero classes and dominating the server. The suggested buffs are entirely unbalanced, even for races meant to be a bit strong.

Handing out level bank levels is something I'm 100% against as well. They are a special thing that should be kept as event prizes because an automated system for level bank levels unmonitored by staff is ripe for abuse.

I don't think you put a lot of thought into this and as such, I don't think it deserves much merit.

Edited by Swed

15 hours ago, turbulance said:

( Heroic ) This Hero is immune to magic damage , ultimates , fall damage , immobilization effects , burning , and has 50% damage mitigation.

No.

Words of wisdom luna. Did you guys even read it and look at the bigger picture. The points don't go away after map cycles. This was a concept design not a finished product add constructive criticism or you know add to it in ways that can help it be something the community can use. I don't see how you think only top players would be the only ones gaining loyalty points when it is a activity based point system and nothing else. It rewards you for playing on our server nothing more nothing less. From Buddha to WishDealer to Papa Pig to Totes. Swed I honestly think you skimmed through my concept and same for you Luna. I got more constructive feed back from previous and current ENGs and SO's in steam friends then what you two came with in a matter of a day of this sitting on the forums. By all means give your opinions but if you want the community to grow or sprout new avenues of player tools add something constructive or something useful to it not your snide comment at the end of your reply Swed. 

Edited by turbulance

Just now, turbulance said:

The points don't go away after map cycles. ... I don't see how you think only top players would be the only ones gaining loyalty points when it is a activity based point system and nothing else. 

8 hours ago, Swed said:

Also, your current system for gaining points, as described, would only give at max 20 points. And then when someone goes to spend them, the map is over.

There you go, finally fully explaining one aspect of your idea. Once again, I don't really think you fleshed this out well, and I commented as much. I don't know what you're thinking, and its unrealistic to expect me to. I'd be more than happy to offer my criticism on a point by point basis, but there really isn't much for me to go off based on this post alone. I hadn't read the other thread and I'd be very interested to see the feedback other members proposed. I'm usually wrong, and not afraid to admit it. But seeing as I'm the only one who bothered to post (from my phone as well), I'd say I'm the only one who bothered to read it and respond.

On 6/10/2017 at 8:47 PM, turbulance said:

The plugin is a point reward system. At the start of every round a player is not flagged afk or in spectate the player receives 1 loyalty point. These points have a 100 point cap. So the base minimum requirement for the plugin to activate is for the server population to be at 6 players none of which can be flagged afk or in spectate. Players then will start to receive their loyalty points. The points being gained this way makes it fair for all players to gain points so every player good and bad has the chance at gaining the currency. This will stop players from throwing rounds or actively trying to lose to gain access to the Hero system Dakka mentioned.

??? IDK know if we are confusing each other or what. You get 1 point a round and you can collect a max of 100 and it costs 20 points to play 1 round of a hero. 

Edited by turbulance

I read it.

Skimmed it again.

I didn't say it would be a bad idea. So I don't know why you're getting defensive.

As clearly implied by my post, the heroic attribute needs something else. That's too strong.

I've already made a post in the other thread on what I consider for this concept.

Juggernauts do not belong in this game- especially not as a lasting concept. Maybe for an event as Valve did with Operation Hydra and heavy suits, but certainly not something I'd have to play with every single day.

Also, cool for you, you talk to the people that program things.

Did you want to add that to the conversation or just try and fluff your dick a little?

49 minutes ago, Hamburglar said:

Exactly, can't we just fix whats broken without adding more?

Fixing things is impossibru

On 6/13/2017 at 3:12 PM, Hamburglar said:

Exactly, can't we just fix whats broken without adding more?

On 6/13/2017 at 5:01 PM, Agent said:

Fixing things is impossibru

A lot of things are bugs not because of laziness but because the problem is either very difficult (big time sink) or nobody knows how to approach it :)

I feel like in general the low hanging fruit is fixed pretty fast