Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheOrangeGrape

in-game console getting spammed.

So I've been trying to do music trivia and other things in console but most of the time my console is just spammed with this error: CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/props/cs_militia/floater_juice

@Wolfshade said that he has the same problem in his console.

Anyone have any ideas for fixing this?

Console being spammed with red text is normal. Not sure if there's a solution to it though 

Almost everyone I've talked to said the same thing happens to them. I've only noticed it in community servers and just recently, someone on the jailbreak server said that they fixed it or something, I think..

Just now, fat bitch v.169 said:

Thats what happens when you got 40+ plugins built in the server. The red text is meaningless unless you crash consistently.

Yeah but it's annoying when I'm trying to do commands in console and especially trying to use slam in console (choosing the songs I want to play for music trivia)

1 hour ago, TheOrangeGrape said:

Yeah but it's annoying when I'm trying to do commands in console and especially trying to use slam in console (choosing the songs I want to play for music trivia)

It is more often than not a map issue. This for instance is a model that wasn't packed correctly into the map.

You can use this command to make it stop:

con_filter_enable 1; con_filter_text_out CMaterial

I am not 100% sure if it is CMaterial, but it should be. I usually only use it on a few TTTGO maps where it is GetSpriteAxes.

Someone else had this problem before I propably still have the floater juice materials in my dropbox :P