Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sean

Riot games to introduce franchising

We'll see, Riot has a history of fucking over the players and their staff. Hopefully this'll be a turn in the right direction.

Wait does this stop orgs from selling their position in the league to another org?

Or does this just enable them to sell their position in the league for even more money LUL

1 hour ago, TheAAAngel said:

I agree esports is a real sport

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

you already have 50 posts you can stop now

Anyways this is a really good thing. Making teams have a buy in of $10mill and making all teams have an academy team will mean orgs are willing to try more things without the fear of losing one game and getting relegated and it should make developing home grown talent easier. Looking forward to this in 2018

Just now, Imperium said:

Wait does this stop orgs from selling their position in the league to another org?

Or does this just enable them to sell their position in the league for even more money LUL

I don't see how this will work for anyone in the long run as the value of your spot is worth only worth so much unless you actually have a team that can win shit. 

Can't wait to see this enabling kids to sit and be lazy while attempting their dreams of becoming a professional gamer. Not that it hasn't already been a thing, mind you.

18 hours ago, Rune said:

Can't wait to see this enabling kids to sit and be lazy while attempting their dreams of becoming a professional gamer. Not that it hasn't already been a thing, mind you.

Everytime I see a pro players "spotlight" video and hear "I dropped out of high school, parents kicked me out, but I kept working for my dream" I cringe

You literally narrowed down your life's opportunities just to chase employment based on another video game developers game balancing and their success. That's shaky ground to make a living off of.

Just now, Sith said:

Everytime I see a pro players "spotlight" video and hear "I dropped out of high school, parents kicked me out, but I kept working for my dream" I cringe

You literally narrowed down your life's opportunities just to chase employment based on another video game developers game balancing and their success. That's shaky ground to make a living off of.

The funny thing is, most players that do that never make it pro and soon regret it while only 5%~ actually do go into the pro scene. They should really just never mention about dropping out or something. I feel like its just a bomb ready to set off on kids who think they can do the same without any issues.