Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sith

RIP Chris Cornell

I didn't see a thread on here so here it is. For those of you that didn't know, Chris Cornell committed suicide May 18th after performing in a concert in Detroit. He hung himself in his hotel room at the MGM Grand shortly after his concert at the Fox Theate. Chris Cornell was a famous musician and singer, being the lead singer of Soundgarden, Audioslave, and Temple of the Dog.

I grew up on his vocals and it was such a bummer hearing that he had died. He was still releasing some solo music as of late, his more popular one being "Nearly forgot my broken heart". My favorite songs were mostly from his time in Audioslave: Like a stone, I am the Highway, Black Hole Sun, Show me how to live, Cochise, Be yourself.

SoundGarden: Black hole sun, Fell on black days

I hate it when good talent goes to waste, RIP Chris Cornell, one of the boldest voices I've had the pleasure of growing up to.

1 hour ago, trigger.exe said:

is there any reason why he hung him self?

R.I.P doe. i fucking love Soundgarden too. 

Could be anything. Now I know nothing about this guy. If he is super popular or something like that, he might have had a drug issue, money issues or family issues that might have broken him down over time.

On 5/29/2017 at 8:05 PM, Don Juan said:

Could be anything. Now I know nothing about this guy. If he is super popular or something like that, he might have had a drug issue, money issues or family issues that might have broken him down over time.

i mean lets be honest, if he had a drug issue he probably would have died from overdose. I'm surprised that people like Ozzy and Iggy Pop are still alive. I was going to say Lemmy too, but he died as well. Rest is peace.  

Never got to reply to this but I really wanted to. Chris Cornell will be missed. Grew up listening to him, and will never forget his work. Soundgarden and temple of the dog was fucking awesome... even his newer stuff. My childhood wouldn't have been the same without his influence