Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sith

Can we get karma power already

5 hours ago, Sportsteen583 said:

Yes, with all the classic maps, even if they require Cs:S. Like clue, crummycraddle, Roy the ship, rooftops, mansion, And the Christmas cabin one (forgot the name rip)

Probably thinking of nipperhouse or winter mansion. Both great maps and tons of props on the winter mansion.

Just now, Avenger said:

Well..  There's a line between playing cautiously and simply ignoring someone who's running around blatantly shooting everyone.  For example, if some calls a kos on "bob", I may not kill bob just because I'm not sure if he's actually the traitor or if the traitor is calling a false kos to bamboozle the innocents.  If I watch bob kill a bunch of people and not ID their bodies, and I decide to just stand around as if nothing ever happened, I can be killed for that since it looks like I'm not killing a known traitor (assuming no one is RDMing).

Depending on the situation, it may be considered trucing.  This is taken from our motd: Trucing is forbidden (not killing a specific player even if you know they are traitor).  We usually only ban for trucing if 2 friends (1 t and 1 inno) are running around killing people together.

Again, I never stated that innocents don't need to play the game/follow the rules, I stated they aren't forced to kill people.

If the innocent sees someone kill multiple people, not id bodies and sees said killer run away without KOS'ing/killing them, they fit into the bad player/troll/"trucer".

But if an innocent calls said player out, id's the bodies and helps find the killer, I see no issue in that. 

If you have low karma, it's because you are too quick to the trigger, killing people t-baiting or you are bad/trolling/rdming. If you see someone throw a discombob randomly, are you saying you are forced to KILL them due to it being something traitorous? 

Just now, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

Probably thinking of nipperhouse or winter mansion. Both great maps and tons of props on the winter mansion.

Nipperhouse, can't believe I forgot that. putting C4 in laundry shoot OP

7 hours ago, Matty said:

Implying you have to be active to understand how the game works. 

The only role in TTT that is forced to kill anyone is a traitor. Whether it be a t-baiter or an accident, no one is forcing innocents to kill anyone.

Low karma = bad player/troll/rdmer/over-aggro player/"killing too many t-baiters"

It's almost like the 3000 hours I have in sG TTT never happened

Just now, Matty said:

Again, I never stated that innocents don't need to play the game/follow the rules, I stated they aren't forced to kill people.

If the innocent sees someone kill multiple people, not id bodies and sees said killer run away without KOS'ing/killing them, they fit into the bad player/troll/"trucer".

But if an innocent calls said player out, id's the bodies and helps find the killer, I see no issue in that. 

If you have low karma, it's because you are too quick to the trigger, killing people t-baiting or you are bad/trolling/rdming. If you see someone throw a discombob randomly, are you saying you are forced to KILL them due to it being something traitorous? 

No no, not at all.  I was just trying to give an example of when you can and cannot be killed for not killing someone.  I usually never kill anyone for discombobs unless it throws me off a ledge and damages me.  I'm not sure if by "forced" you mean kill or be killed or kill or be banned for trucing?

Just now, ZachPL said:

It's almost like the 3000 hours I have in sG TTT never happened

Apparently to Sith, they didn't.

Just now, Avenger said:

No no, not at all.  I was just trying to give an example of when you can and cannot be killed for not killing someone.  I usually never kill anyone for discombobs unless it throws me off a ledge and damages me.  I'm not sure if by "forced" you mean kill or be killed or kill or be banned for trucing?

"If you are an innocent and witness another terrorist committing traitorous acts, and you do not act on it if he/she was a traitor, that is KOSable. Guilty by association. So in a sense, you would be punished for not actively participating in the killing of a traitor (or a suspected one)." - Sith

I am saying by Sith's definition^, if I don't kill the person who threw the discombob - I should be killed.

Just now, Matty said:

Apparently to Sith, they didn't.

"If you are an innocent and witness another terrorist committing traitorous acts, and you do not act on it if he/she was a traitor, that is KOSable. Guilty by association. So in a sense, you would be punished for not actively participating in the killing of a traitor (or a suspected one)." - Sith

I am saying by Sith's definition^, if I don't kill the person who threw the discombob - I should be killed.

Technically speaking, yes. But most people don't because people who throw disco's are usually oblivious to the fact it's KOSable. I do however, both for the fact that its traitorous and they could be a T, and if they're not a T, it helps narrow down the suspect pool so to speak.

Just now, Matty said:

Oh I see.  We don't have a rule that explains when it's okay to kill someone for not killing another player, so I guess it's just always been admin discretion.  IMO, I would slay someone if they killed you for not killing a person who threw a discombob.

21 hours ago, Cman said:

:thinking:All these people who dont play gmod coming in telling gmod people how to play their server:thinking:    

4 hours ago, Sith said:

Maybe if you were an active Gmod player, you'd know that ;)

It's almost like people can play servers until they are bored of them, and not instantly forget everything about said server or something. Crazy how nature do that.

Just now, Sith said:

Technically speaking, yes. But most people don't because people who throw disco's are usually oblivious to the fact it's KOSable. I do however, both for the fact that its traitorous and they could be a T, and if they're not a T, it helps narrow down the suspect pool so to speak.

So what you are saying is because you kill anyone who throws a discombob, you should have the right to adjust your karma back to full because what you did was right?

Just now, Matty said:

So what you are saying is because you kill anyone who throws a discombob, you should have the right to adjust your karma back to full because what you did was right?

It's really not this hard. If you're being a dick, deal with the low karma. If you're dealing with RDM'ers or confusion in a fight and its affecting your play experience, sure, reset your karma. It's the same as autoslaying yourself if you accidentally RDM. It's the SO's responsibility to maintain a professional and unbiased position on the server. You shouldn't abstain yourself from adhering to the MOTD just because of your rank.

If you can't make the distinction between when to use your powers and when to not, you should not have SO and you should feel bad about yourself. I think this thread has been derailed enough by too many people who aren't even active, trying to create issues where none exist and make this in to a "Well back then", "When I played", "I have more player time so I think", "In my opinion"

Zach already answered the purpose of this thread so its time to hop off the soapboxes and continue being completely irrelevant until the next time you wanna pull a Junzou (are we still doing this) and walk yourself right in to other people's business.

And to answer your question, yes.

EDIT: Coming back to the point, if SO's abusing setkarma is a concern, maybe make us immune to karma degradation (as well as staff, if its possible?). This way, we don't have to worry about karma setting and will never have to deal with karma bans or low karma. If there's further issues with this,  this tells me that staff doesn't trust us to not RDM on the server, end of discussion.

In my month binge of playing TTT & admining, I've only seen one person legitimately go under 700ish karma and that was only with her shooting new players who were RDMing. 700ish isn't even nearly enough to get you karma banned -- if you're legitimately playing the game and having fun then you shouldn't have any issue with our current karma system. I do have a problem with the players who shoot upon  e v e r y  single given chance that they do get. Yes you're legally in the right to killing someone shooting PENIS on the wall, but does that mean you should? I once asked myself if I should kill someone carrying around an unID'd person and playing with it -- turns out it was the traitor that he killed and he was simply having fun with it. I know the mod is about rules but you really don't need to be following them to the t when the opportunity presents itself: just because you can kill people doesn't mean you should. It's TTT, run around and have some fun in the map. Nobody likes a killwhore.

13 hours ago, Sith said:

It's really not this hard. If you're being a dick, deal with the low karma. If you're dealing with RDM'ers or confusion in a fight and its affecting your play experience, sure, reset your karma. It's the same as autoslaying yourself if you accidentally RDM. It's the SO's responsibility to maintain a professional and unbiased position on the server. You shouldn't abstain yourself from adhering to the MOTD just because of your rank.

If you can't make the distinction between when to use your powers and when to not, you should not have SO and you should feel bad about yourself. I think this thread has been derailed enough by too many people who aren't even active, trying to create issues where none exist and make this in to a "Well back then", "When I played", "I have more player time so I think", "In my opinion"

Zach already answered the purpose of this thread so its time to hop off the soapboxes and continue being completely irrelevant until the next time you wanna pull a Junzou (are we still doing this) and walk yourself right in to other people's business.

And to answer your question, yes.

EDIT: Coming back to the point, if SO's abusing setkarma is a concern, maybe make us immune to karma degradation (as well as staff, if its possible?). This way, we don't have to worry about karma setting and will never have to deal with karma bans or low karma. If there's further issues with this,  this tells me that staff doesn't trust us to not RDM on the server, end of discussion.

Man, your contradiction is out of this world.

2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

In my month binge of playing TTT & admining, I've only seen one person legitimately go under 700ish karma and that was only with her shooting new players who were RDMing. 700ish isn't even nearly enough to get you karma banned -- if you're legitimately playing the game and having fun then you shouldn't have any issue with our current karma system. I do have a problem with the players who shoot upon  e v e r y  single given chance that they do get. Yes you're legally in the right to killing someone shooting PENIS on the wall, but does that mean you should? I once asked myself if I should kill someone carrying around an unID'd person and playing with it -- turns out it was the traitor that he killed and he was simply having fun with it. I know the mod is about rules but you really don't need to be following them to the t when the opportunity presents itself: just because you can kill people doesn't mean you should. It's TTT, run around and have some fun in the map. Nobody likes a killwhore.

Agreed.

I've made my decision and I will not be granting SO's the karma command. If you don't want your karma to be lowered then stop killing people every chance you get. Just because someone does something that is technically KOS doesn't mean you have to kill for it, use some common sense and try to make the game fun.

The command is restricted because if it was allowed it would just be an excuse to RDM more in game, TTT isn't all about killing people and karma is there for you to discourage killing. RDM leads to more RDM and there is nothing fun about that. If someone is mingeing slay them, if they continue ban them.

The only time I've ever gotten close is when there is no admins on and I keep getting either shot for no reason/if I killed them the previous round as a t they try to revenge kill or whatever and like my karma will get to 650 but like 550 is the make it break it point. At 550 you can't even kill someone by shooting them in the head with a sniper. You really have to try to get karma banned/or be a killwhore and not care if you are karma banned. But this is just my opinion but Sith I don't think you guys need it in all my time being an admin for the server you only get maybe 1 or 2 karma bans a month that I see.

But in Sith's defense if you truly think the SO's the people you gave power to admin a server you rarely play on. Do you trust them enough to get admin and not abuse other commands but you don't trust them with one I understand why but if I were to see an admin abusing the karma command that's a screenshot and cd thread. I mean I know it's up to you but come on you added them to your SO list and you're afraid they'll abuse the power YOU gave them.