Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eddy

Ranks and Recruitment changes (3/31/2017)

Just now, Moose said:

Also blame @Travesty for all of this. He pushed this the entire time he was on staff.

Which part did I push for?

Just now, Swed said:

Literally 3 months away from vet, is this the April's fools joke?

Think about the people that got VET and will have to get it taken away ahahahha

muahh.gif

Just now, Travesty said:

Which part did I push for?

You always said we should have a more inclusive community. If someone had hundreds of hours it was stupid to make them apply, and get rejected. I believe you also said something along the lines of "I felt like I was a part of the community long before I applied."

I'm not saying your vote wasn't impactful, I was trying to explain why there was a pretty big decrease in the amount of votes since the addition of the rank app tool. I (BIG WORD HERE BOYS, MAKE SURE YOU READ IT) felt like voting through the recruitment tool made my vote less impactful and at the end of the day I wasn't interested in voting if I didn't feel my vote meant anything.

Just now, Travesty said:

Think about the people that got VET and will have to get it taken away ahahahha

muahh.gif

This actually only happened to two people.

Just now, Moose said:

You always said we should have a more inclusive community. If someone had hundreds of hours it was stupid to make them apply, and get rejected. I believe you also said something along the lines of "I felt like I was a part of the community long before I applied."

This is true!

Just now, Eddy said:

I'm not saying your vote wasn't impactful, I was trying to explain why there was a pretty big decrease in the amount of votes since the addition of the rank app tool.

I FUCKING KNEW IT.  Everyone said they wanted to hide the numbers so we couldn't tell how many people voted yes vs no, but i knew that was bullshit.  It was to hide the fact that no one wanted to vote anymore.  Don't think i ever typed it on the forums but i talked about it in teamspeak a lot.

I was actually fairly convinced this was a meme until I read the first change with no more voting. Consider Eddy has been trying to push this for (I think) around two months, maybe more; I'm not so sure this is an April Fool's Joke. Also, I talked to Mimic a bit and he gave me these:

sG | Mimic [BASED GOD]: VZd2r8l.png

sG | Mimic [BASED GOD]: 9MWqJt5.png

Not to mention people have been complaining in TMS that the color of L4 has been changed to reflect the changes we see here.

If for some reason it is an April Fool's meme, I don't really give a shit to say that "ahahhh you fooled me good." Whatever. Personally I think a lot of the changes here are good ones, and that's what really sells it for me.

Just now, Revöker said:

Everyone said they wanted to hide the numbers so we couldn't tell how many people voted yes vs no, but i knew that was bullshit.  It was to hide the fact that no one wanted to vote anymore.  Don't think i ever typed it on the forums but i talked about it in teamspeak a lot.

I'd like to see the actual numbers of people voted but I don't think it's easy to obtain lol.

It's underneath all of @driz code.

I can assure you no one was 'hiding the numbers' lol

Just now, Revöker said:

I FUCKING KNEW IT.  Everyone said they wanted to hide the numbers so we couldn't tell how many people voted yes vs no, but i knew that was bullshit.  It was to hide the fact that no one wanted to vote anymore.  Don't think i ever typed it on the forums but i talked about it in teamspeak a lot.

It really was to hide the votes. Some months we had hundreds of votes, some months we had far fewer. We KNEW it would decrease, or at least hoped it would, as it was aiming at reducing bandwagon voters. We just didn't think it would be impacted that heavily.

Just now, Travesty said:

I'd like to see the actual numbers of people voted but I don't think it's easy to obtain lol.

It's underneath all of @driz code.

I can assure you no one was 'hiding the numbers' lol

Still didn't make sense to hide the total number of votes.

Just now, Moose said:

It really was to hide the votes. Some months we had hundreds of votes, some months we had far fewer. We KNEW it would decrease, or at least hoped it would, as it was aiming at reducing bandwagon voters. We just didn't think it would be impacted that heavily.

Hiding the votes and the numbers are two different things though in this context.

What were the numbers? Can you show them to us?

Just now, Revöker said:

Still didn't make sense to hide the total number of votes.

I too wondered this but to prevent anybody calculating the percentage to total votes, you could determine whether or not people voted the way you told them to vote. Take Junzou in the Naufrage app's case.

That was the only reason the total amount of votes was hidden, per Driz.

Just now, Eddy said:

This actually only happened to two people.

If it was such a low number, couldn't you have just kept them at their rank rather than stripping them of it? lol

I understand this is April fools day, but this is actually a legit post. THIS ISN'T A JOKE.

Just now, sweetrock said:

OMG REALLY THE YEAR I GET VET NOW I GOT TO WAIT ONE MORE YEAR! uR KIDDING ME

This was a big reason for the change.
xD

Just now, Eddy said:

This was a big reason for the change.

D6l8fu1.gif

I like these changes by the way. Good work guys!

@TravestyI think the lowest month had like a total of 26 or so votes or something. I don't remember off the top of my head.

Just now, Junzou said:

BTW I can confirm this isn't April Fool's.  This was actually discussed in the staff forums.

ON THE FORUMS HE CAN'T VIEW....?!

*gasps*

The timing of these changes are a big lol tho

Just now, Travesty said:

ON THE FORUMS HE CAN'T VIEW....?!

*gasps*

The timing of these changes are a big lol tho

Nope, can't see 'em any more.  My last post in the staff forums was to suggest tying the amount of rep people can give being related to their rank.  More time in the clan = more influence on rep.

951c5cbcfa.jpg

As the clock ticks midnight, all voting and remnants of the old recruitment system have vanished.