Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King ET

Gmod C4 rule

Recently I have been screamed at by squeekers because they "did not see my c4" and they thought it was rdm (or maybe it is idk).  I was wondering if it was possible to put that in the !motd on whether or not that counts as rdm so they will stop screaming at me because i do not have the time to "type C4 in this" due to me getting shit done.

-Tnks. if this is in the wrong place let me know or just move it still learning the site

Back when I played it wasn't rdm because they have picture of the c4 on their screen with the time left on. Its their fault if die to it

@Avenger

@Zachpl

Isn't letting me tag zach, but you could ask one of them to maybe edit it into the motd.

It should be common sense that if you do not see a fellow traitor's C4 then that's their fault, so it's not considered RDM. If they're screaming at you, request a gag. 

Just now, Lindsay said:

It should be common sense that if you do not see a fellow traitor's C4 then that's their fault, so it's not considered RDM. If they're screaming at you, request a gag. 

yah thats what i said and the gag seems a little extreme lol. just to clear something up by screaming i mean squeeking bc everything they say is baisically screaming lol.

Just now, iafunky said:

Back when I played it wasn't rdm because they have picture of the c4 on their screen with the time left on. Its their fault if die to it

@Avenger

@Zachpl

Isn't letting me tag zach, but you could ask one of them to maybe edit it into the motd.

@ZachPL

If a T buddy isn't smart enough to get away from your C4 that they can easily see on their screen, that's their problem and their fault. No RDM there.

For the longest time on this server I couldn't see my T buddies C4 counter but that bug was fixed. T buddies announcing in T chat that there is C4 is done as a courtesy but it's your duty to pay attention and avoid being in the blast zone.

Everyone summed it up nicely. C4 has never and will never be considered rdm. As everyone said you can easily see the c4 icon location with the time left till it blows. It is not your responsibility to scream to your t buddies that you planted a C4. You could let them know after you plant it to keep an eye on it so they don't pull a "YOU RDM'D ME WHEN I WAS YOUR T BUDDY." I personally always announced when I planted a C4 just so my team was aware and I didn't have to deal with much stupidity as often however it has never been required to do.

I don't know about the rest of these plebs but I always tried to kill my t-buddies with the C4 so I could end up with more kills.

10min C4's all over the place.

I have called out C4 in traitor chat multiple times. Warning not just where it is but the time left. See a T buddy near the C4 and warn them to get away. REPORTED! "RDM WHY YOU KILL ME! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG"

Don't take it personal. Those type of people would also DO NOTHING the entire round and make everyone wait the entire round time only to throw a knife at someone 3 seconds before the round ends . Thank you for killing them with your C4. You most likely caused the round to be much much shorter and not long a boring watching an idiot fumble about.