Sign in to follow this  
Swed

cs_assault rule change

Just now, ESDaman said:

Bad rule IMO.

Its a valid entry into the terrorist's base and the terrorists should be able to watch it.

cause flame preds run into there and kill people and thats not allowed!

Its a rule we had back on the css servers that got lost when they had to rewrite the MOTD. Camping the vent would be: Standing on/inside the vent just waiting for people to drop down the ladder. It doesnt mean you cant watch it, or look at it - just dont camp it.

Just now, ATG_AGENT said:

Its a rule we had back on the css servers that got lost when they had to rewrite the MOTD. Camping the vent would be: Standing on/inside the vent just waiting for people to drop down the ladder. It doesnt mean you cant watch it, or look at it - just dont camp it.

So whats the justification for having it now?

Here, to make the question more pointed: Is the only reason its a rule now is because it was a rule on css?

Edited by Swed

Just now, DMODW said:

cause flame preds run into there and kill people and thats not allowed!

It would be easier for flame predators and exploding races to rush with this rule enforced...

Just now, Swed said:

So whats the justification for having it now?

Considering how easy it is to defend assault as T, especially when you add wc3 into the mix - it gives the CTs some type of "compensation". Seeing as the vent would be instant death to them, they only have the 2 other sides to use. This opens up (while still being a hard entrance to come in from) another way for CT's to try and get in. Considering you can easily wall the vent, and you can still watch/be careful of vent all this rule does is stop the insta-death/freekills and gives cts another path.

Just now, ESDaman said:

It would be easier for flame predators and exploding races to rush with this rule enforced...

if only someone were there to stop that without threat of ban/kick 

I really don't see the point in this rule. If the CT drops down into the vent instead of taking the ladder, he should be on pretty equal terms with the T holding the vent. You can even flash and nade into the vent a lot easier than you can nade out of it.

Edited by Xiplitz

Just now, ESDaman said:

As i said... you can still look at and check vents, just dont CAMP vent. There two completely different things. Watch vent, go back there every few seconds jump up see if someone is there. Or as you walk by the vent take a look. Nothing is stopping you from covering the vent. And considering the time it takes to move through the vent you got alot of time to find out there in there. Not to mention the foot bug and you can see there feet. All this rule does is stop you from camping it with your crosshair on the ladder waiting for an easy kill.

As i said... you can still look at and check vents, just dont CAMP vent. There two completely different things. Watch vent, go back there every few seconds jump up see if someone is there. Or as you walk by the vent take a look. Nothing is stopping you from covering the vent. And considering the time it takes to move through the vent you got alot of time to find out there in there. Not to mention the foot bug and you can see there feet. All this rule does is stop you from camping it with your crosshair on the ladder waiting for an easy kill.

so I'm a flame pred on the opposite team, they do as what you suggest and they double back from time to time to check, in between that time i run in and kill 4 people.

there is a diffirence but why make people arbitrary look away from it every second ?

Seeing as how sitting on the boxes is not a simple, uncontested free kill. It leaves you completely open to CT peeks from garage door, roof windows, and both of the doors on the opposite wall of the garage. It's a terrible position to camp. I don't think its as big as an issue that you're making it out to be. The map is already T sided, due to the closed nature of the map. Banning "vent camping" won't change anything.

Just now, DMODW said:

so I'm a flame pred on the opposite team, they do as what you suggest and they double back from time to time to check, in between that time i run in and kill 4 people.

If a flame pred manages to get through the vents because of the retardation of the T's , he deserves to kill those "Random pulled out of the ass 4 people" Especialy if those 4 people,  Considering how long it takes to get through the vent, even as a flame pred - and if no T did anything, he was lucky and good on him.

Just now, RandomDudeNumber005 said:

there is a diffirence but why make people arbitrary look away from it every second ?

A very T sided map with wc3 mod. People hate playing the map, and hate playing on CT. The rule is just not to sit and camp the vent, so to slightly take away from the dominance of the T side. It just makes it so there is at least a chance at entering the vent instead of "always avoid"

Just now, Swed said:

Seeing as how sitting on the boxes is not a simple, uncontested free kill. It leaves you completely open to CT peeks from garage door, roof windows, and both of the doors on the opposite wall of the garage. It's a terrible position to camp. I don't think its as big as an issue that you're making it out to be. The map is already T sided, due to the closed nature of the map. Banning "vent camping" won't change anything.

Just because the words "Camping vent" would also include, "Camping it on the box"  - But it also includes... "Camping inside the vent!" Where what do you know... suddenly your not in view of anyone else too! Sigh - The point is to make this a slightly more valid entry point. And not the death trap it is/can be. It just opens up more avenues of attack, making the game slightly different and more diverse with different tactics and/or strategies able to be used. Its a simple rule to follow, and opens up game-play.

I think this is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist in the eyes of the player base. The rule was a major point of discussion and I believe the opinion was unanimous that the rule was unnecessary. No one felt that pushing the Ts was unnecessarily difficult as a result of the confines of the vent. 

If the map is so much of an issue due to the T-sideness, why not find a mapper to modify it or remove the map altogether rather than set a rule the community doesn't find reason in? This doesn't seem like the right approach for the problem you are looking to solve.

I would like to point out that a lot of the races you can play on CT side give CT a distinct advantage because of the mod. There are plenty of times where people on CT will change to ESP races and just camp outside the warehouse AWPing in and killing the T's and turning the map into a "fish in a barrell" situation that makes people not want to play T side. Ct's can also peek through the windows on roof and pick off T's who are tring to hide in cover and that can cause people on the T side to have to set up "deeper" in the warehouse leaving the entries way more open for CT's to rush in.

BECAUSE of this mod I think it gives the CT's way more opportunities to get into the warehouse or kill the T's without having to worry about getting camped while rushing in.

Is this something we can just open up to a vote for a week or something to see how the majority of people on the server feel about it?

I think we're all missing the real problem here: why are we playing assault in the first place? It's a shitty map. If you want hostage rescue, add three versions of office.

3 hours ago, Xiplitz said:

I really don't see the point in this rule. If the CT drops down into the vent instead of taking the ladder, he should be on pretty equal terms with the T holding the vent. You can even flash and nade into the vent a lot easier than you can nade out of it.