Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xmen

Wallpaper engine

Let's you set an animated wallpaper on your computer...

Seems pretty tits just got it :P

Thoughts?

Got a couple weeks ago, only managed to find 1 or 2 decent wallpapers 

Just now, Moosin said:

Has it caused any performance issues? 

You can set it to disable when anythings in full screen.

bought it a couple months ago, definitely worth the 4 bucks in my opinion. originally there were performance issues but now not as much. And they are actively updating it, which is nice. If you don't like the wallpapers on the workshop you can always use your own. Supported video formats: mp4, WebM (Workshop); mp4, WebM, avi, m4v, mov, wmv (local files). also programs, web pages, pretty much anything with with an image. Also has an option to set icon transparency.AvkjTTr.png

I used to have a .gif as my backround, but the program made the animation choppy. This is much better, thanks for letting me know about this!

This used to be built in to Windows XP. You could add multiple Gif images to your desktop too. Wish M$ would have kept it

11 hours ago, Velo said:

This used to be built in to Windows XP. You could add multiple Gif images to your desktop too. Wish M$ would have kept it

You still can with some directx foolery. The easiest method is by using VLC to play a video on your desktop background. However, with the recent CIA hacking leak and VLC being a common vector to attack with I'm not sure it is wise to use VLC anymore. lol

Any time I've done any ricer shit like this to my desktop I just realise it's always covered in windows anyways and is just wasting resources for no good reason.