Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChosenOne2000

sG Bracketology 2017

Just now, ChosenOne2000 said:

Honestly I'd prefer not to do that. We had others who forgot to set their bracket. They would then want to jump in late and then others would want to jump in as well. Sorry to say you missed the boat this year. If staff wants to overrule me, it's their  prerogative.

Let me do it too.  I promise I didn't make one after the first 16 games were played.

7 hours ago, Junzou said:

Let me do it too.  I promise I didn't make one after the first 16 games were played.

I mean, seeing as how ESPN doesn't allow Tournament Challenge brackets to be made after games begin, the implication that I was trying to cheat is pretty rude.

Well...hopefully today goes better for me...luckily none of my later rounds are gone yet.

3 minutes ago, Swed said:

I mean, seeing as how ESPN doesn't allow Tournament Challenge brackets to be made after games begin, the implication that I was trying to cheat is pretty rude.

I think chosen's issue is that you could have made multiple brackets before the tourney and pick your best one after a few games; not saying that's what you did or your intention, but it's likely the reason he locked it.

Just now, Sportsteen583 said:

Well...hopefully today goes better for me...luckily none of my later rounds are gone yet.

I think chosen's issue is that you could have made multiple brackets before the tourney and pick your best one after a few games; not saying that's what you did or your intention, but it's likely the reason he locked it.

I'm pretty certain that ESPN locks all brackets once it starts anyhow.

Just now, Sportsteen583 said:

I think his issue is that you could have made multiple brackets before the tourney and pick your best one after a few games; not saying that's what you did or your intention, but it's likely the reason he locked it.

That's obviously not his issue. He implied that I had made a bracket after the first day, not that I would submitted my most successful bracket of which I only have one.

Just now, Swed said:

That's obviously not his issue. He implied that I had made a bracket after the first day, not that I would submitted my most successful bracket of which I only have one.

Out of curiosity, what is your bracket?

Just now, Swed said:

Was referring to why chosen locked it, realized you might not follow that sentence logic so I edited it to clarify after I posted.

Just now, Travesty said:

Damn, that Virginia loss must have cut deep yesterday.

Meh, I did these while waiting for help at office hours yesterday, not too invested in it either way.

Just now, Swed said:

Meh, I did these while waiting for help at office hours yesterday, not too invested in it either way.

It's also confirmed that you only have two brackets now

http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2017/en_CA/game?user=ezM3QURGMzE1LTFDRUYtNDYyMy05MUUzLTQ4RUYyMUYyQUZDNn0=

Now I wonder if it's possible to join a group if you've made a bracket before the deadline.

Just now, Travesty said:

It's also confirmed that you only have two brackets now

http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2017/en_CA/game?user=ezM3QURGMzE1LTFDRUYtNDYyMy05MUUzLTQ4RUYyMUYyQUZDNn0=

Now I wonder if it's possible to join a group if you've made a bracket before the deadline.

Just now, Swed said:

Clarification: I made a coin flip bracket too, but this is my serious one: http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2017/en/entry?entryID=19267651

22 minutes ago, Sportsteen583 said:

Bingo

March Madness is stupid.

Weren't you the one that beat the shit out of everyone last year

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Weren't you the one that beat the shit out of everyone last year

Yeah. Three of the upsets I predicted this year were 2 or 1 point games, too. I'm salty. 

Our group had so many people pick Villanova to win. 

RIP. 

All the people that took Duke to the final four have a huge advantage now.