Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ozstrik3R

Tech Support Thread

Good Day,

First off thanks for the warm welcome, I am new to the community for those who do not know me I am Nathan. I was recruited by an old friend whom many of you know as Fox :).

I was just doing some looking into the forums and was surprised to see that there was no dedicated forum for members to post personal tech issues. As someone who has worked in the upper end of the tech field for the better part of his adult life I would be more than willing to help any member of SG out if they have any tech issues and I am sure I am not the only one. Is there anyway we can get this created?

Thanks Again,

Nate

I mean this forum is the Tech Center.. It's kind of meant for anything tech related; trouble shooting, help with builds, talk about new things coming out, etc.

9 minutes ago, centran said:

my computer won't turn on! HELP

Have you tried turning it on and off? Kappa

Imagine the tech center subforum as your ticket queue, and each thread an individual ticket. Now imagine everyone on the forums is a help desk agent sharing that same queue and 95% have no fucking clue what they are talking about.

Does that help?

Let me know if my depiction is inaccurate @driz

Lol, dead on! Always remember, if you can't afford thermal paste, just use tooth paste

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, centran said:

how am I supposed to turn it on when it won't turn on?

Microwave it, duh...

Hmmm, well here goes!

Ive had a problem for the better part of forever with my computer. After about two hours my computer sort of...stutters. Like.... if I am listening to any music there will be slight crackling or pops every 5 seconds or so. If I am playing a game there will be a very slight stutter in the game world as well coupled with the sound glitch. A simple restart solves the problem.

I can just turn the computer on and never do anything, come back to it a few hours later put my headphone on and start up music and the stutter will be there. Doesnt matter what I do...after about two hours my computer starts to act up.

ROG Maximus Hero 8

i7 6700k @4 Ghz

SLI'd 760's (Yes I know I need to upgrade, but I can run everything perfectly fine with these two for now)
3 500 GB Samsung EVO's

1 2 terrabyte westgates HDD

19 minutes ago, Battlemech7 said:

Hmmm, well here goes!

Ive had a problem for the better part of forever with my computer. After about two hours my computer sort of...stutters. Like.... if I am listening to any music there will be slight crackling or pops every 5 seconds or so. If I am playing a game there will be a very slight stutter in the game world as well coupled with the sound glitch. A simple restart solves the problem.

I can just turn the computer on and never do anything, come back to it a few hours later put my headphone on and start up music and the stutter will be there. Doesnt matter what I do...after about two hours my computer starts to act up.

ROG Maximus Hero 8

i7 6700k @4 Ghz

SLI'd 760's (Yes I know I need to upgrade, but I can run everything perfectly fine with these two for now)
3 500 GB Samsung EVO's

Mmmm lots of things can cause stuttering in-game/sound. It could be hardware or software related.

How old is your PC?

Have you tried updating drivers? (graphics/sound card etc) Up to date PC is most functioning normally.

Can you remember when the issue started? was it random? Was it after installing some software or changing a part?

Not very old...thats the new skylake i7 paired with the ROG board that came out with it heh.

And its been going on for quite some time. I think maybe a month where it was good and then the stuttering sound and actual stuttering of performance started. For almost a year Ive been searching for a fix to no avail. Checked drivers and all of that. Ive been putting off just wiping the system and starting fresh...but Im getting pretty close to that stage.

2 hours ago, Battlemech7 said:

Not very old...thats the new skylake i7 paired with the ROG board that came out with it heh.

And its been going on for quite some time. I think maybe a month where it was good and then the stuttering sound and actual stuttering of performance started. For almost a year Ive been searching for a fix to no avail. Checked drivers and all of that. Ive been putting off just wiping the system and starting fresh...but Im getting pretty close to that stage.

Well if everything's up to date, only things I can think of at the top of my head would be a conflict with drivers or a hardware issue. If a fresh install doesn't resolve it even your new board could be having issues. The stuttering in game could be related to your graphics cards or the board they are plugged into The sound issue would be related to your sound card so the board if you don't have a separate sound card.  Even at my work we could replace a board 3-4 times before the issue is resolved because we ended up getting bad boards. Or in my co-workers case he kept plugging in a USB in a broken case slot frying every board he put in. 

If any other techs want to throw in their input go right ahead. 

6 minutes ago, centran said:

Excellent support. I died and now don't care that my computer won't turn on. THANKS, A++ support

<3 anytime! 

Hmmm, well here goes!

ROG Maximus Hero 8
i7 6700k @4 Ghz
3 500 GB Samsung EVO's

I've actually had a similar problem to this a few years ago. It drove me insane and I couldn't figure out what was causing it. If I remember correctly, it was a fucking USB WiFi adapter that was causing some sort of system level lock up every so often for a few seconds. It made no sense to me whatsoever, but I found multiple other people complaining of the same issue with that device. Do you have any new hardware or peripherals that you have added recently? If so, try removing them for awhile and see if the issue persists.

I know it doesn't make much sense, but worth a shot!

On 2/8/2017 at 9:37 AM, Ozstrik3R said:

Good Day,

First off thanks for the warm welcome, I am new to the community for those who do not know me I am Nathan. I was recruited by an old friend whom many of you know as Fox :).

I was just doing some looking into the forums and was surprised to see that there was no dedicated forum for members to post personal tech issues. As someone who has worked in the upper end of the tech field for the better part of his adult life I would be more than willing to help any member of SG out if they have any tech issues and I am sure I am not the only one. Is there anyway we can get this created?

Thanks Again,

Nate

Fox? As in Fox.bios? Or is there another?

14 hours ago, Hei said:

Did he do that? I could see that...

Either way I would still love to help. As for you computer not turning on plug it in XD.

On 2/9/2017 at 7:32 AM, centran said:

Excellent support. I died and now don't care that my computer won't turn on. THANKS, A++ support

Great now I have a death on my hands.

On 2/8/2017 at 11:44 AM, iafunky said:

Oh I thought this was an introduction:(

I'll still say HI

Well it was a sort of intro with a question attached to it :)

On 2/10/2017 at 0:47 PM, Bulldog said:

Did he do that? I could see that...

Gossamer Fox

I seem to have a bot running through my forums, spamming and necroing threads that are months old.  Any advice on how to get it to chill the fuck out?

On 2/10/2017 at 0:47 PM, Bulldog said:

Just now, Ozstrik3R said:

Gossamer Fox

All I need to know.  He was recently kicked out of our community.