Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UnknownLegend

Time for sG to branch into Overwatch

37 minutes ago, Terumi said:

I'd like to see a overwatch server. i'd swap from ze to overwatch kappa.

The thing is, he would actually switch over.

Makes me wonder if there's going to be a player cap to the servers. Would be pretty sweet if we could all play on it together at the same time, 12v12 or so style.

29 minutes ago, VEGEMITEKILLER said:

Overwatch JB sounds cancerous. Let's make it happen. 

It seems like there are no customization. Further, how the server browser will be sorted by "region" tells me that to run a server you will have to purchase slots through a specific game server host. We have done that in the past but those types of servers are usually costly and the interest dies off after a couple of months.

That being said, since they are just launching this we may have an opportunity to try and get a top server. We would have to pick a good config and also I would suggest a 24/7 map as the servers that did those back in the old CS days always seemed to stay on top. 

7 hours ago, centran said:

It seems like there are no customization. Further, how the server browser will be sorted by "region" tells me that to run a server you will have to purchase slots through a specific game server host. We have done that in the past but those types of servers are usually costly and the interest dies off after a couple of months.

That being said, since they are just launching this we may have an opportunity to try and get a top server. We would have to pick a good config and also I would suggest a 24/7 map as the servers that did those back in the old CS days always seemed to stay on top. 

I think a 24/7 map would make the server boring, In Overwatch at least. An adequate map pool with like 3-5 maps in rotation would suffice with maybe recurring maps with different play modes

They have added a moderate amount of customization options to the server options and said that they would add more but for now its kinda limited. One major problem is that there is only a max of 12 players in a server and someone has to be hosting from their PC 24/7. We couldn't do anything like we have in csgo or gmod, it would have to be a collection of minigame servers hosted by different people. They are more like custom local lobbies rather than community servers.