Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Groot

Weekend: server is dead

On 1/29/2017 at 5:47 PM, Groot said:

I know I haven't been on a lot lately but wtf happened to the server literally the server has been at 0 all weekend and this is concerning me because I look at the other servers like TTT:GO and see that dead, and KZ also dead. So I am confused on what happened while i have been away I know the squeaker squad left bc one of their own got permaed but normally I have seen at least  15 ppl on on the weekends. I have been trying to pop but it seems like something horrible happened. but no one knows what. I am posting this tread to see what the issue is and how I can fix it as much as I can.

Your frenziedly neighborhood SO,

I Am Groot

All I know is the SOs don't have the passion anymore. That is why the population is low. I am sure Terumi is gonna  post the hours up for you guys soon. But looking at the playtime of the SOs, you can understand why the server has been so dead. Yes, its a pain to repop the server, but still when the "regulars" do pop it up. I don't see most our SOs on. I know I am shunning myself too but... 

On 1/30/2017 at 7:25 AM, Hawk said:

My playtime has been bad this month, about 3k min I think. I mean it probably the most out of the JB SOs (No offense) but still bad for my standard since I usually have 7-8k.

I think this could be a pretty big reason since I usually get on before everyone else and populates the server. I will try to work on some ideas for events and such, like the last mini event I did. @Iherdcows @Mark from Facebook And also get my playtime up this upcoming month, I have been pretty busy and such.

Only 3k PFFTT Lol

45 minutes ago, Iherdcows said:

The fact that don juan of all people think that I dont care about JB is ridiculous. He was there when I was playing 12 hours a day. 

My statement was mainly a joke. Me saying JB's staff doesn't care is the same as Gossamer Fox saying Funky is an abusive retarded RO who hits on his girls.

Also, I think the idea of reducing downloads is great. May it be in the form of removing unneeded plugins/services/skins or maps or whatever I think it will make less people disconnect in the loading screen. Also I mainly play JB with the occasional join on some other servers, but Mainly sG servers. My CS:GO maps folder is 7GB, which I feel is unnecessary. There are a lot of maps (popular ones also) that could be removed without anyone batting an eye. 

Only 3k PFFTT Lol

The SO's don't have the passion anymore because there is no regulars to even play with them it's really boring for an SO to come on and there only being 5 players especially on Jailbreak 2 cts and three to and it's one game and you have lr in 1 minute I don't think the server pop is not having SO's not play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

The SO's don't have the passion anymore because there is no regulars to even play with them it's really boring for an SO to come on and there only being 5 players especially on Jailbreak 2 cts and three to and it's one game and you have lr in 1 minute I don't think the server pop is not having SO's not play

This. 

As much as I love MG, the MG pop is absolutely fine at the moment and perhaps another JB event is needed? Like the mini event we had most recently but over a longer period of time to max out that pop. A few weeks to a month? (maybe include challenges of different tiers? Like that bingo event, but specific to certain maps + goals)

Screenshots needed obv

Some challenge ideas:

• Win a round as a T in which not a single T died (or joined late, and as a result appear dead)
  • Complete 3 rounds with each round being under 3 minutes
  • Finish as the top score on T side
  • Successfully obtain a raptor jesus freeday (meme)

Add more to this pls

4 minutes ago, GossamerFox said:

This. 

As much as I love MG, the MG pop is absolutely fine at the moment and perhaps another JB event is needed? Like the mini event we had most recently but over a longer period of time to max out that pop. A few weeks to a month? (maybe include challenges of different tiers? Like that bingo event, but specific to certain maps + goals)

Screenshots needed obv

Some challenge ideas:

• Win a round as a T in which not a single T died (or joined late, and as a result appear dead)
  • Complete 3 rounds with each round being under 3 minutes
  • Finish as the top score on T side
  • Successfully obtain a raptor jesus freeday (meme)

Add more to this pls

and we should make it for maps that arent over played like dojo or minecraft maps like venus and others would make it less boring i think the last few events (excludeing the mini event) had achievements on maps that were way to over played even at that point

1 hour ago, Don Juan said:

There are a lot of maps (popular ones also) that could be removed without anyone batting an eye. 

@Iherdcows Please consider,  even if temporary, removing Clouds. 

12 hours ago, Travesty said:

@Iherdcows Please consider,  even if temporary, removing Clouds. 

I think instead we should come up with a way to incentivise other maps like the way War3 does.  We should also show the voting numbers like we use to and like how other servers like ZE still do.  most of the time everyone just votes 1 because they don't know any better, sometime people could see the server's #2 pick and help it out instead.

5 minutes ago, Revöker said:

I think instead we should come up with a way to incentivise other maps like the way War3 does.

This could be cool, like a credit multiplier or something?

A few reasons that some maps aren't played often is because some people don't know ct well and use the map games to help them learn. The maps that aren't played don't always have lots of games or a good layout. When t's are on these types of maps they get bored quickly because they end up playing the same few games (climb, jump rope, different variation of climb).

Another reason some maps aren't played is they are too ct sided. If you look at the maps that are in the common rotation (dojo, clouds, undertale, minecraft, papas, and obama) you'll notice they are all maps with vents for t's to do once they get away from the team. 

The final thing I can think of right now for why a lot of maps aren't played is the vents aren't known. If t's are on a map and they have no clue how to get away without being killed they are practically forced to stay with the group which isn't very fun. To get around this issue i usually just show people the vents i know when the server is at low pop. Once people start knowing vents on a map they start playing it a lot more and enjoying it so i think with time we'll eventually find new maps that will work their way into the current map rotation. 

Maybe we should add the !lr plugins for a few popular lr's. That way, the few people who get on the server on weekdays can actually have fun LR's. I only made this suggestion because I saw the pG's JB server pop being over 30 on the weekdays a few weeks ago. Maybe we should learn from them, although their JB is boring compared to ours: most of the T's don't rebel at all and the CT's can't aim (with their prerequisite of having over 20 hours of gameplay in their server in order to be CT).  

On 2/1/2017 at 0:13 PM, Revöker said:

I think instead we should come up with a way to incentivise other maps like the way War3 does.

It's been a while since I last checked but do we still have !store on jb? ZE has a really neat Quest mechanic that requires you to win a round on a team for a certain map for extra Credits. We could do a similar thing on JB for unpopular maps. Just reset credits Kappa

On 2/1/2017 at 0:31 PM, KiLLeR said:

A few reasons that some maps aren't played often is because some people don't know ct well and use the map games to help them learn.

Honestly in the 2 years of JB that I've played, I haven't seen many variance to non-map games.; there's like a handful of things you can do. Cows was hyped when that dusty schoolyard map with the playground and cells in a cafeteria was ported, claiming it was great fun with custom games (and I'm sure it was) but I never got to see any of them. That map is barely touched now.

Mabey I just missed out on the golden age of JB where everyone was having fun dicking around. I joined right before ICop/dethyus started the "for the points xd" meme and the server was actually really fun to play on no matter what happened in the round. I honestly feel that our JB environment changed from how it was before as people didn't catch on to the joke and started playing with the meme as a serious mentality :\

23 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Mabey I just missed out on the golden age of JB where everyone was having fun dicking around. I joined right before ICop/dethyus started the "for the points xd" meme and the server was actually really fun to play on no matter what happened in the round. I honestly feel that our JB environment changed from how it was before as people didn't catch on to the joke and started playing with the meme as a serious mentality :\

The points system really allows more killwhoring and people take it to a retarded mentality of killing someone for barely moving after standing still for 1 minute.

"OH DIDN'T I SAY FREEZE?"

*shoots T in head for accidentally pressing W key while waiting for next order*

The points system really allows more killwhoring and people take it to a retarded mentality of killing someone for barely moving after standing still for 1 minute.

"OH DIDN'T I SAY FREEZE?"
*shoots T in head for accidentally pressing W key while waiting for next order*

Make a rule no Killwhoring simple

22 hours ago, Booch said:

There already is one, the problem is everyone argues what killwhoring actually is and how much should be allowed so that rounds are actually fun.

22 hours ago, Booch said:

1. If you are a Warden or Counter-Terrorist, please make sure to keep the game diverse and fun for the Ts. (1)

14 minutes ago, Pike said:

1. If you are a Warden or Counter-Terrorist, please make sure to keep the game diverse and fun for the Ts. (1)

a.  Terrorists must follow all the warden's orders or they can be killed.

"He didn't follow my order. I told him to freeze."

It's easier for experienced cts to keep it fun but if you are new you are too busy trying to remember if you said no detours or delays or if you said freeze upon completion well that's just how I am don't know about anyone else

On 2/2/2017 at 2:47 PM, Rootbeer said:

It's been a while since I last checked but do we still have !store on jb? ZE has a really neat Quest mechanic that requires you to win a round on a team for a certain map for extra Credits. We could do a similar thing on JB for unpopular maps. Just reset credits Kappa

Honestly in the 2 years of JB that I've played, I haven't seen many variance to non-map games.; there's like a handful of things you can do. Cows was hyped when that dusty schoolyard map with the playground and cells in a cafeteria was ported, claiming it was great fun with custom games (and I'm sure it was) but I never got to see any of them. That map is barely touched now.

f7349921f24a4fcc35245ede790188c6.png im 12 and I take warden everyround f7349921f24a4fcc35245ede790188c6.png I think its funny to killwhore f7349921f24a4fcc35245ede790188c6.png

on a serious note the last time i tried to play for more than thirty minutes the same kid took warden every round and did the same boring ass shit every round.