Sign in to follow this  
Eaglewonj

A letter to the community

To the community,

Phoenix2 keeps his power close and everyone else far away. There is a good reason for that. This clan has been bitten in the butt several times in the past by individuals who have gotten too much power, got pissed and walked away.

They destroyed everything in their path. They went on banning sprees, deleted server records, and even stole money.

Phoenix2 no longer dishes out the power he used to because it always comes back to bite him. It takes him far longer to trust anyone with even basic powers. The result of this is that he has to do a great deal of difficult server maintenance work himself. It is the price of security.

There is a lot to do, it takes time. WCS was not getting ignored. We have a JCS who's sole responsibility is the maintenance and tuning of that server. That mod is like an old jaguar, if you buy one, better buy a mechanic too.

Zombie is another demanding mod. It is one that is highly server dependent. It usually moves for one of the following reasons: Need a higher power server, want a better location that gives good pings to all, or better support from the host.

WCS has been moved to a newer, better server and is better for it, but still highly problematic. The problem seems to be in the coding and efficiency of the mod itself. These are third party mods and we do not control them. We can make requests of the programmers, but that is about it.

In the mean time, we check the server logs to see what causes each crash. We try to eliminate the map, the races, other mods (counterbet, etc.) and then come down to our core mods like mani, eventscripts and WCS itself. The problem is often with WCS itself, or short lived conflict between WCS, mani and eventscripts when an update of one of them occurs.

Zombie has some of the same issues when an update to one of our core mods causes a conflict with another. The ZM server also crashes with map conflicts and the like. The difference is, we are able to fix ZM more readily. Rolling back to a previous beta or up to a more current one usually solves our problem. ZM seems like it gets more attention because it is easier to run and fix, it tends to work better. The developer is also good at working with us and fixing bugs we report.

As long as this clan still has scars from the burns left by: SharpLead, ArcDigital, Spartan, and other infamous names from UV's past, we will be cautious.

The result of this caution: Most of the above mentioned troubleshooting and and problem solving amongst our servers is left to be done by Phoenix2. With the assistance of bios, the WCS server gets some extra man hours on the troubleshooting and problem solving.

You have SharpLead, ArcDigital, Spartan and a few others to thank for the amount of work Phoenix2 has to do. You should be thankful that Bios dedicates the time he does to WCS, if it wasn't for him, the server would have been destroyed by now.

Your friendly neighborhood bird,

Eaglewonj

Thank you Eagle. I guess I assumed this was common knowledge. I have seen the servers and forums virtually more times than I can remember.

Someone was telling me earlier, I think it was Eagle. About every 6-8 weeks, there is some drama in UV. Whether it be Sparten, CC90, or these shenanigans, it's like an earthquake. Sudden and without warning, all over basically no real deal. It will all blow over soon, tempers will cool, people forgiven, ect. Just prepare for the next 6-8 weeks.

I'm done with the drama of this clan. I try and do my job and I do it to the best of my ability and time restrictions. That's why I have such a heavy handed banstick now. I just don't have the patience for people's bullshit. Everybody cries about shit but nobody does anything constructive. Even just to be appreciative that they have a server that is dedicated to their gaming needs.

I'm done with the drama of this clan. I try and do my job and I do it to the best of my ability and time restrictions. That's why I have such a heavy handed banstick now. I just don't have the patience for people's bullshit. Everybody cries about shit but nobody does anything constructive. Even just to be appreciative that they have a server that is dedicated to their gaming needs.

Oh man, who the fuck have I heard that from before...

Where is Audio?

To the community,

Phoenix2 keeps his power close and everyone else far away. There is a good reason for that. This clan has been bitten in the butt several times in the past by individuals who have gotten too much power, got pissed and walked away.

They destroyed everything in their path. They went on banning sprees, deleted server records, and even stole money.

Phoenix2 no longer dishes out the power he used to because it always comes back to bite him. It takes him far longer to trust anyone with even basic powers. The result of this is that he has to do a great deal of difficult server maintenance work himself. It is the price of security.

There is a lot to do, it takes time. WCS was not getting ignored. We have a JCS who's sole responsibility is the maintenance and tuning of that server. That mod is like an old jaguar, if you buy one, better buy a mechanic too.

Zombie is another demanding mod. It is one that is highly server dependent. It usually moves for one of the following reasons: Need a higher power server, want a better location that gives good pings to all, or better support from the host.

WCS has been moved to a newer, better server and is better for it, but still highly problematic. The problem seems to be in the coding and efficiency of the mod itself. These are third party mods and we do not control them. We can make requests of the programmers, but that is about it.

In the mean time, we check the server logs to see what causes each crash. We try to eliminate the map, the races, other mods (counterbet, etc.) and then come down to our core mods like mani, eventscripts and WCS itself. The problem is often with WCS itself, or short lived conflict between WCS, mani and eventscripts when an update of one of them occurs.

Zombie has some of the same issues when an update to one of our core mods causes a conflict with another. The ZM server also crashes with map conflicts and the like. The difference is, we are able to fix ZM more readily. Rolling back to a previous beta or up to a more current one usually solves our problem. ZM seems like it gets more attention because it is easier to run and fix, it tends to work better. The developer is also good at working with us and fixing bugs we report.

As long as this clan still has scars from the burns left by: SharpLead, ArcDigital, Spartan, and other infamous names from UV's past, we will be cautious.

The result of this caution: Most of the above mentioned troubleshooting and and problem solving amongst our servers is left to be done by Phoenix2. With the assistance of bios, the WCS server gets some extra man hours on the troubleshooting and problem solving.

You have SharpLead, ArcDigital, Spartan and a few others to thank for the amount of work Phoenix2 has to do. You should be thankful that Bios dedicates the time he does to WCS, if it wasn't for him, the server would have been destroyed by now.

Your friendly neighborhood bird,

Eaglewonj

Their problem isn't with Fox. He tries his best to make sure everything in the mod is working correctly and is balanced, but there's nothing he can do about a new server besides try and influence P2.

Someone was telling me earlier, I think it was Eagle. About every 6-8 weeks, there is some drama in UV. Whether it be Spartan, CC90, or these shenanigans, it's like an earthquake. Sudden and without warning, all over basically no real deal. It will all blow over soon, tempers will cool, people forgiven, ect. Just prepare for the next 6-8 weeks.

You're probably refering to this guy..

I didn't say the problem was with Fox, I said its because of his work that much of anything gets done at all. P2 is really busy, so Fox has to do all the tweaking. Fox couldn't convince P2 that he needed a new server, because not all of the elements of the mod were ruled out.

Now we are on a new box and it is only marginally better. The problem still lies in the coding of the mod itself. This is the point we were trying to make all along, the server wasn't causing the problem, the mod was.

P2 is hard to convince when he doesn't agree. That leaves no choice but to overwhelm him with evidence. Among the drama fox had mentioned that he had tried basically everything he could. Fox saw no other option than to try a new box. Eventually, P2 agreed and tried a new box.

Everyone forgets that P2 pours his life into CSS forums and email listservs gathering info. He also routinely spies on other servers. He knew the mod would run on the server we have because so many others do and it works fine. WCS is a pain, the coding is a pain. P2 knows this, he asks questions on forums, he petitions the developers. Not all developers are as eager to help as others. Changing a server is usually a last resort.

That seems strange given how often ZM moves. We have been bitten by providers that promise us an uncrowded box and then stuff it. We have left providers that give no support. We have abandoned servers that were slow, crashy, or routinely needed restarting to run properly. We have left hosts that gave us inferior bandwidth or were in locations that seem to give bad pings to nearly everyone. Sometimes, hosts have asked us to leave, because they don't want the high CPU demands of the mod on their servers.

WCS didn't have most of these problems, it has a coding problem. Forgive us for taking so long to change, but we weren't hitting the usual road blocks that have lead to the nomadic zombie server. We have petitioned the WCS developer, we await the reply and subsequent update.

I didn't say the problem was with Fox, I said its because of his work that much of anything gets done at all. P2 is really busy, so Fox has to do all the tweaking. Fox couldn't convince P2 that he needed a new server, because not all of the elements of the mod were ruled out.

Now we are on a new box and it is only marginally better. The problem still lies in the coding of the mod itself. This is the point we were trying to make all along, the server wasn't causing the problem, the mod was.

P2 is hard to convince when he doesn't agree. That leaves no choice but to overwhelm him with evidence. Among the drama fox had mentioned that he had tried basically everything he could. Fox saw no other option than to try a new box. Eventually, P2 agreed and tried a new box.

Everyone forgets that P2 pours his life into CSS forums and email listservs gathering info. He also routinely spies on other servers. He knew the mod would run on the server we have because so many others do and it works fine. WCS is a pain, the coding is a pain. P2 knows this, he asks questions on forums, he petitions the developers. Not all developers are as eager to help as others. Changing a server is usually a last resort.

That seems strange given how often ZM moves. We have been bitten by providers that promise us an uncrowded box and then stuff it. We have left providers that give no support. We have abandoned servers that were slow, crashy, or routinely needed restarting to run properly. We have left hosts that gave us inferior bandwidth or were in locations that seem to give bad pings to nearly everyone. Sometimes, hosts have asked us to leave, because they don't want the high CPU demands of the mod on their servers.

WCS didn't have most of these problems, it has a coding problem. Forgive us for taking so long to change, but we weren't hitting the usual road blocks that have lead to the nomadic zombie server. We have petitioned the WCS developer, we await the reply and subsequent update.

I know, and P2 was ignoring the server-at least as far as the general community knew. It was being ignored by the leader, which was Waylon's, Time's, and Mental's problem.

I know, and P2 was ignoring the server-at least as far as the general community knew. It was being ignored by the leader, which was Waylon's, Time's, and Mental's problem.

It wasn't being ignored, there was just no apparent solution... clearly getting a new host wasn't the solution, as we suspected would be the case, so what the hell do you suggest we do?

Bios is pretty much the one that runs WCS, and is in charge of WCS maintenance, with Opiate assisting as well as other SA's.

P2 runs ZM, Eagle assists, along with SA's.

It was that way when Bios was VP too. The leadership of the servers is essentially compartmentalized-- it is too much to micromanage everything, so different people take the bulk of the tasks. Don't expect P2 to give the attention to WCS that he gives to ZM, and visa versa for Bios and ZM.

Everyone forgets that P2 pours his life into CSS forums and email listservs gathering info. He also routinely spies on other servers. He knew the mod would run on the server we have because so many others do and it works fine. WCS is a pain, the coding is a pain. P2 knows this, he asks questions on forums, he petitions the developers. Not all developers are as eager to help as others. Changing a server is usually a last resort.</span>

We have petitioned the WCS developer, we await the reply and subsequent update.

<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE(Junzou @ Jun 15 2008, 11:45 PM) </div><div class=\'quotemain\'>It wasn't being ignored, there was just no apparent solution... clearly getting a new host wasn't the solution, as we suspected would be the case, so what the hell do you suggest we do?

<span style="color:#FF0000">Bios is pretty much the one that runs WCS, and is in charge of WCS maintenance, with Opiate assisting as well as other SA's.

Don't expect P2 to give the attention to WCS that he gives to ZM, and visa versa for Bios and ZM.

yeah, I remember the post timetodie made, it went from constructive criticism, even though it was over used, to almost a full flung rebellion, For nothing

I don't really know what I would do if this clan broke apart, we need to let p2 do his thang, and if he takes out his wang, do not touch his wang, but let him to his thang.

thank you eagle for the post, it should put things in perspective for the other members

Until a REAL leader takes over this clan nothing will ever change. It will always be the bare minimum, just enough to make most of the clan somewhat happy. A 16 year old should not be over hundreds of dollars a month. I bet only half makes it to the clan/server just so no one will bitch about it. Think about what you would do with 400 dollars a month, at the age of 16? Bios is the only one that does ANYTHING for the WCS server, I have tried to help and have lost interest. Nothing is appreciated; the main point of advisor/Jcs is to be P2's bitch with no reward. They just now are receiving basic admin (Pfffff congrats). Have fun guys, it’s been real.

P.S And why did my leaving topic get closed? I’ve been in this clan a year and done all I could to make it somewhat better (which is impossible with the "powers" I received). So after a year I get about 10 posts and its closed. That’s what they do guys, take every dime/energy you have then when you are sick of it and figure everything out they just close your topic and move on like nothing ever happened, then stain your name and make you look like the bad guy. Fuck that shit.

Guest Fohacidal

Time why did you take advisor position so seriously, it was just to help the recruiting process because we never had enough JCS on.

Although I have to admit several JCS/Advisor positions failed because people keep DISSAPEARING OMGWTFBBQSAUCE

It wasn't being ignored, there was just no apparent solution... clearly getting a new host wasn't the solution, as we suspected would be the case, so what the hell do you suggest we do?

Bios is pretty much the one that runs WCS, and is in charge of WCS maintenance, with Opiate assisting as well as other SA's.

It was that way when Bios was VP too. The leadership of the servers is essentially compartmentalized-- it is too much to micromanage everything, so different people take the bulk of the tasks. Don't expect P2 to give the attention to WCS that he gives to ZM, and visa versa for Bios and ZM.

Junzou please don't act like you know what you're talking about, I don't think I have ever seen you on WCS.

It was being ignored. People thought a new host would work, but P2 didn't listen at furst, despite the fact he has the funds purchase another server.

P2 is the LEADER, therefore he should pay attention to all his servers. I can understand Eagle not paying attention to WCS and Bios not paying attention to ZM, but P2 is the leader in charge of everything.

Time why did you take advisor position so seriously, it was just to help the recruiting process because we never had enough JCS on.

Although I have to admit several JCS/Advisor positions failed because people keep DISSAPEARING OMGWTFBBQSAUCE

Guess I just cared too much and thought this was my chance to do some real good for the community. I felt like I had been waiting on the sidelines for awhile and my name finally got chosen. But it seems that my position lacked what I was capable of.

Guest Fohacidal
Yeah I got to admit Foh that was a really dumb remark by you...

I was talking to time about that on xfire, so please, enlighten the both of us as to how that was dumb?

I was talking to time about that on xfire, so please, enlighten the both of us as to how that was dumb?

Why he takes a semi-leadership position seriously? I think that answers itself.