Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rock

Is my graphics card dying??

I used to get around 400 fps on csgo but nowaydays i am getting around 150-250 but i havent changed anything please help???

2 minutes ago, nothing_but_fail said:

could you make the post like a real post please thanks

wdym? like i actually want to know if i need a new one or not because it hasnt been doing this b4

Have you tried seeing if there are new drivers out for it? And sometimes if you dont take the card out and dust out the heatsink it may hinder performance because it cant properly cool itself so it cant work as hard.

6 minutes ago, FreeLancer said:

Have you tried seeing if there are new drivers out for it? And sometimes if you dont take the card out and dust out the heatsink it may hinder performance because it cant properly cool itself so it cant work as hard.

yea i have everything up to date on them but i guess i could try cleaning them, thanks tho!

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

You might need a fresh set of ram

ah, ok i guess i could maybe get some 

1 hour ago, LVL4ROCK said:

I used to get around 400 fps on csgo but nowaydays i am getting around 150-250 but i havent changed anything please help???

The problem may not be your completely just your gpu. Have you recently upgraded your gpu? it may be bottle necking your cpu (you never really gave us any stats about your pc, would be helpful if you included such things.) You may need to apply new thermal paste to the heat-sync on your cpu. You might want to run cc cleaner, which may increase performance.

10 minutes ago, Rainsurge said:

The problem may not be your completely just your gpu. Have you recently upgraded your gpu? it may be bottle necking your cpu (you never really gave us any stats about your pc, would be helpful if you included such things.) You may need to apply new thermal paste to the heat-sync on your cpu. You might want to run cc cleaner, which may increase performance.

I dont know most the specs of my Pc because its from asus but ik that i have 12 gigs of ram i have an i7 processor and that i put in a gtx 1080

14 minutes ago, LVL4ROCK said:

I dont know most the specs of my Pc because its from asus but ik that i have 12 gigs of ram i have an i7 processor and that i put in a gtx 1080

click on windows logo, computer, and then system properties on the top. maybe list the i7 and anything else important? I doubt the 1080 is bottle necking your cpu and plus csgo is mainly cpu bound regardless. It might be an internal problem with your hardware. 

57 minutes ago, Rainsurge said:

thermal paste tastes good

10 hours ago, Rainsurge said:

click on windows logo, computer, and then system properties on the top. maybe list the i7 and anything else important? I doubt the 1080 is bottle necking your cpu and plus csgo is mainly cpu bound regardless. It might be an internal problem with your hardware. 

nvm i found out why i just had 2 replace the thermal paste, but thanks for all of your help

3 hours ago, LVL4ROCK said:

nvm i found out why i just had 2 replace the thermal paste, but thanks for all of your help

It worries me that you have a 1080 but no idea how to fix your computer.

56 minutes ago, Swed said:

It worries me that you have a 1080 but no idea how to fix your computer.

it wasnt mine a freind of mine gave it to me a while back cause he got a titan