Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheOrangeGrape

My ideas about surf and how we could improve it

In my opinion, one of my favorite things to do on community servers is to surf, though almost every time I look at the sG surf it's empty. Here are some of my suggestions that I think might populate sG surf. First of all, I think we should disable all fall damage, a lot of the PVP in surf is jumping down from ramps and trying to shoot your enemies. I know these suggestions would be big changes but I think they would be for the best. My next suggestion is to change almost all or maybe even all the maps to just normal surf maps, no PVP. When I surf, I like to complete maps with several stages instead of just going around on a map trying to shoot people, it can be entertaining at times but usually I think it's more fun to just have a normal surf map with no pvp. Another suggestion which I don't really care about but I think some people would like to have it, is to add !knife and/or !ws. It's fine if we don't change anything but this is just my opinion on how we could possibly populate our surf server. Please reply with your opinions. Thanks!

-TheOrangeGrape

First suggestion: There are usually pools of waters all over the maps that are there for the purpose of you landing in them. I disagree with this suggestion, because you have to be able to get to those areas and not suck at surfing

Second Suggestion: This has been talked about over, and over. The possibility of us ever changing to a skill server is slim to none and to add maps onto the server won't happen either.

Third Suggestion: Awhile back Valve banned any community servers with the !knife on their servers. Also what is !ws I have no idea what it is and how it would affect surf in any way.

@TheOrangeGrape

It doesn't effect it I'm just saying some people like to have it when they're just messing around on random servers, it's when you can change the skin for the current weapons you have on your weapon

That probably isn't allowed as well, because the !knife was basically knife skins the server was giving to the players and the !ws is pretty much the same thing

Okay.. well technically it doesn't GIVE players the skins it's just on the specific server. It doesn't go into their inventory, just to be clear.. but yeah okay that's fine

5 hours ago, TheOrangeGrape said:

It doesn't effect it I'm just saying some people like to have it when they're just messing around on random servers, it's when you can change the skin for the current weapons you have on your weapon

this wil get us blacklisted

2 hours ago, Dr Pepper said:

this will get us blacklisted

Indeed and we had both of them before the update

In regards to the !WS and !knife issue, we removed both from all of our servers at the request of Valve. Having these back WILL get us blacklisted. Even if its just skins for our own server, it goes against Valve's ToS (apparently).

In regards to skill surf, it has been discussed multiple times. We will never add skill maps to the Surf RPG server. However, we have mulled over the possibility of a skill surf server. The only problem is there is already tons of competition in that market (KSF, etc.). If a strong interest remains, we could continue discussing it though.

Also, fall damage should be disabled by virtue of most maps. If it isn't, it most likely is intended for that map (wouldn't want people stuck on the bottom). 

fontaine

26 minutes ago, fontaine said:

In regards to the !WS and !knife issue, we removed both from all of our servers at the request of Valve. Having these back WILL get us blacklisted. Even if its just skins for our own server, it goes against Valve's ToS (apparently).

In regards to skill surf, it has been discussed multiple times. We will never add skill maps to the Surf RPG server. However, we have mulled over the possibility of a skill surf server. The only problem is there is already tons of competition in that market (KSF, etc.). If a strong interest remains, we could continue discussing it though.

Also, fall damage should be disabled by virtue of most maps. If it isn't, it most likely is intended for that map (wouldn't want people stuck on the bottom). 

fontaine

Per the release Valve put out, any plugin that misrepresents the contents of your inventory is grounds for blacklisting and removal from the community server browser.