Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hei

Pc Help

6 minutes ago, Banana Joe said:

Now this is just me, but I modified the lowest price PC to a more affordable price but still experience the same. Take a look but it's only a suggestion.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7DYZXH

Original Low Price - $628.05

Modified Price -       $545.61

Total Difference -    $  82.44

Thanks but do you think it'll be an upgrade if I change the GTX 1050 to a RX 470? Some people say the RX is better

2 minutes ago, Hei said:

Thanks but do you think it'll be an upgrade if I change the GTX 1050 to a RX 470? Some people say the RX is better

It's more of a matter of preference. For me i like the GTX video cards, so I prefered it to this. But then again it's just my opinion and you make the discussion at the end. you wanted something more affordable and knowing myself, I don't like waiting so I want something i can buy now and play and later upgrade over time.

7 minutes ago, Banana Joe said:

It's more of a matter of preference. For me i like the GTX video cards, so I prefered it to this. But then again it's just my opinion and you make the discussion at the end. you wanted something more affordable and knowing myself, I don't like waiting so I want something i can buy now and play and later upgrade over time.

Honestly, I'm just trying to get anything better cause I have some prebuilt one :( well thanks

I would say go for gtx 1060 3gb or the 1050 TI, if you arnt playing games above 1080p you dont need more than 3 gigs of Vram, and it is also cheaper. I personally have a MSI GTX 1060 3gb and it plays any game at 1080p with over 70 fps, and i got it for only $165 on a nice sale. If you want to know about how it does on CSGO with max settings, i get an average of around 200 fps.

7 minutes ago, FreeLancer said:

I would say go for gtx 1060 3gb or the 1050 TI, if you arnt playing games above 1080p you dont need more than 3 gigs of Vram, and it is also cheaper. I personally have a MSI GTX 1060 3gb and it plays any game at 1080p with over 70 fps, and i got it for only $165 on a nice sale. If you want to know about how it does on CSGO with max settings, i get an average of around 200 fps.

I'll be playing csgo, rust, h1z1, etc and jahova told me those would run like a charm with a 1050 or rx 470

5 minutes ago, FreeLancer said:

Dont go with a 6600k just go with a 6600, i doubt he will ever overclock or even need to

Its still Nice to have the options for the future... For 10 bucks more... its worth it

You can also SAVE so much more by sticking with ddr3, if my memory stands by me...

@Hei what is the spec of your current prebuilt?  if it has a decent CPU then you can just upgrade graphics and by a lot at that if you keep the same budget. It will also help us determine how much of an upgrade these parts would be.

To find your specs you can either use this guide or download dection software, your choice.  Either one you will end up either having to tpye out what you have or Screenshot it.

GUIDE: http://www.wikihow.com/Check-Computer-Specifications

DOWNLOAD: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/download-app/?referrer-id=1046&application-id=&trackId=E5F70F61-6CD4-49DD-891F-D9B81180D459&return-url=%2Fmy-computer-details

6 hours ago, Revöker said:

@Hei what is the spec of your current prebuilt?  if it has a decent CPU then you can just upgrade graphics and by a lot at that if you keep the same budget. It will also help us determine how much of an upgrade these parts would be.

To find your specs you can either use this guide or download dection software, your choice.  Either one you will end up either having to tpye out what you have or Screenshot it.

GUIDE: http://www.wikihow.com/Check-Computer-Specifications

DOWNLOAD: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/download-app/?referrer-id=1046&application-id=&trackId=E5F70F61-6CD4-49DD-891F-D9B81180D459&return-url=%2Fmy-computer-details

Let's just say that I can barely run unturned

10 hours ago, spiderpigrider said:

You can also SAVE so much more by sticking with ddr3, if my memory stands by me...

You can't.

Anyways, I've noticed a few things in all your builds you have a case, a power supply, etc. If the pre-built is yours and not a family computer, you can save quite a bit of money by just sticking to the case, hard drive and power supply that is in the computer you already use. 

@Hei does this mean you can't use your current pc parts? You could use the same hard drive case and power supply you currently have and upgrade to an ssd, an i5 etc. and be much better off. 

26 minutes ago, Moose said:

@Hei does this mean you can't use your current pc parts? You could use the same hard drive case and power supply you currently have and upgrade to an ssd, an i5 etc. and be much better off. 

It's a prebuilt so I'll have to start from scratch

22 minutes ago, Hei said:

It's a prebuilt so I'll have to start from scratch

Just because it's prebuilt doesn't mean you have to start from scratch. The parts still work....

36 minutes ago, Moose said:

Just because it's prebuilt doesn't mean you have to start from scratch. The parts still work....

Like moose said, upgrading your current "prebuilt" pc would be cheaper than building a brand new one.  -- It would be easier for us to help you if you could link the computer you guys bought or give out the spec list of the current build.

EDIT: you'll save money by not buying a case hdd or power supply. It could save you a good hundred depending on what you already have.

2 hours ago, Moose said:

lots of my friends say to just start from scratch because my pc is so shit

4 hours ago, Hei said:

Your case and power supply will not make your computer better. There's no reason not to use them. Same with your hdd if you're just using it for data and you invest in an ssd for your OS and main games. 

5 hours ago, Hei said:

The best part of computer building is reusing older parts.  This is what makes them so much better than consoles that you pretty much stop using after the new one comes out.  If by "pre-Built" you mean a store computer like a dell then it's probably not good, but store made pre-builts are usually pretty decent like the ones at Fry's electronics.

If you give us the specs we can help tell you if the parts are good enough or bad enough, most likely they will be bad but you never know.  Like if you had a really good CPU but shit tier GPU then your computer wouldn't handle games so well but you wouldn't know what the problem is if you don't know your specs.  I really can't imagine that you are going to build a computer if you don't even know your current specs.