Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eeiu

mics and headsets

The M-100s is a headset I've been looking at.  I currently own the Sennheiser 363D headset.  Bass is light but packs a punch.  Music is clear. In game you can hear foot steps clear af.

Moflstomp will always think his opinion is better than others. Carry on people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wanted a wireless set for multiple reasons. After I looked around for quite a while I found good reviews and I bought these this summer, and have loved them. Most of the lower reviews are complaints about using the 3.5 mm jack ( I always use usb for charging / wireless ) or else console usage. For me they've worked great with amazing quality. If you don't care for / need a wireless set, I'd say go with the (or any other) wired version of headphones though. 

4 hours ago, Sean said:

Moflstomp will always think his opinion is better than others. Carry on people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for adding your well-thought-out input to Eeiu's question. I'm glad we have quality posters like you around to keep things together!

On 12/16/2016 at 5:44 PM, Swed said:

Here's what you need:

A desk mic: Yeti Blue Snowball

A decent pair of over-ear headphones: Literally anything. I use Bose, Sennheiser would work too. Prolly these: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/momentum-on-ear-m2?gclid=CjwKEAiAvs7CBRC24rao6bGCoiASJABaCt5D_YYAjwq0KPWK1Yrj5k4pTUFWytfiBLlaWpgZzSP7ZRoCssXw_wcB

Gaming headsets are a scam. They break easily and the mics sound like shit.

On 12/16/2016 at 11:28 PM, Swed said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/headphoneguide#wiki_important_things_to_consider_before_purchasing_headphones

From the wiki:

Anecdotes are a shit way to make your argument, fuck outta this thread yourself until you come back with facts.

Your points contradict each other. You tell him to get a "Yeti blue snowball" (not even a real microphone, btw) and $130+ on-ear headphones, and then turn right around and link to a reddit post that recommends something completely different based on the opinions of a tech youtuber that has had his fair share of scandals as of late on a topic that quite literally comes down to personal preference. Also, with the anecdotes bit, wasn't your initial comment a gross generalization of an entire section of products and just as shit of a way to make an argument? I mean, me saying my headset has lasted 5 and a half years is actually a *gasp* fact. Me implying that nobody says my voice sounds like shit may not necessarily be fact, but it's more concrete evidence than what you put forth.

My opinion is based on long-term use of a product and comparison of value vs performance. This headset has lasted me well past its initial warranty period with no problems and no audible degradation of sound or voice quality, and with the predecessor being largely unchanged mechanically, I recommend it.

OP is using it primarily for CS, and as such, doesn't need to pay attention to the essentially meaningless frequency response graphs that get pimped in any of those videos, and would benefit from a simpler package. Drivers on the PC360/G4ME ONE are very similar in quality, which in turn sound very similar to the HD598's, and the microphone is much better than other offerings at the same or lower price points. Also, since the microphone is not sitting on the desk, he doesn't have to worry about sounds/vibrations besides his voice being picked up by the mic, which seems to be at least a somewhat common problem with the Snowball you said he needed, and could cause quite a few issues depending on how his desk is set up.

+1 for recommending something, at least.

14 minutes ago, fontaine said:

Snowball + Sennheiser HD558 have worked well for me :). Fuck gaming headsets.

@Roflstomp Here's a link the microphone you said isn't real: http://www.bluemic.com/products/snowball/

The great thing about buying a nice pair of on ear headphones is that they can be used elsewhere. I've owned two gaming headsets during my time as a pc gamer and they broke repeatedly. Plastic cracked, mics stopped working. Since I've started using a desk mic and a nice pair of headphones, nothing has broken or stopped working. Why? Less moving parts, my desk mic should work literally forever because there's no way for me to break it. It sits on my desk and picks up audio. Nothing else. My headphones only get the normal wear and tear and are much lighter than your normal gaming headsets because they don't have to have a microphone built it.

I linked the pcmr wiki because the general consensus is that gaming headsets are not a good buy. You'll see any adult here make the same argument as well because they don't care about gaming brands like most of the squeakers in that thread. The wiki does go on the suggest some wired headsets that are "ok". That's fine, it's all preference anyways. But when eeiu has shit breaking on him repeatedly, due to unluckiness or his lack of care for his peripherals, I suggested something that is less likely to break either way.

I don't know why you took it as such a personal attack on you, but sean's comment might explain that I guess.

Tl;dr gaming headsets suck

53 minutes ago, Swed said:

@Roflstomp Here's a link the microphone you said isn't real: http://www.bluemic.com/products/snowball/

The great thing about buying a nice pair of on ear headphones is that they can be used elsewhere. I've owned two gaming headsets during my time as a pc gamer and they broke repeatedly. Plastic cracked, mics stopped working. Since I've started using a desk mic and a nice pair of headphones, nothing has broken or stopped working. Why? Less moving parts, my desk mic should work literally forever because there's no way for me to break it. It sits on my desk and picks up audio. Nothing else. My headphones only get the normal wear and tear and are much lighter than your normal gaming headsets because they don't have to have a microphone built it.

I linked the pcmr wiki because the general consensus is that gaming headsets are not a good buy. You'll see any adult here make the same argument as well because they don't care about gaming brands like most of the squeakers in that thread. The wiki does go on the suggest some wired headsets that are "ok". That's fine, it's all preference anyways. But when eeiu has shit breaking on him repeatedly, due to unluckiness or his lack of care for his peripherals, I suggested something that is less likely to break either way.

I don't know why you took it as such a personal attack on you, but sean's comment might explain that I guess.

Tl;dr gaming headsets suck

"Yeti Blue Snowball" isn't a real mic. The BLUE Snowball is, so A+ on missing that. Also, didn't take it as a personal attack, but ok, whatever gets you off at night. I called you out for making an overgeneralized statement about gaming headsets and brought out inconsistencies in your "argument". Not my fault you bought shitty headsets that broke on you and got super salty enough to disavow them forever as awful and not worth the money.

*sigh*

@Roflstomp Glad you stooped down to a level of nitpicking - where you knew EXACTLY what microphone he was talking about, but decided to add it to your disgusting argument because you needed some extra evidence of discrediting @Swed

Your gaming headphones are shit, overpriced, and are completely overkill.

CQmBDhK.png

28 minutes ago, Sean said:

*sigh*

@Roflstomp Glad you stooped down to a level of nitpicking - where you knew EXACTLY what microphone he was talking about, but decided to add it to your disgusting argument because you needed some extra evidence of discrediting @Swed

Your gaming headphones are shit, overpriced, and are completely overkill.

CQmBDhK.png

Every time I see this image I am more convinced you are autistic.

4 minutes ago, Mimic said:

Every time I see this image I am more convinced you are autistic.

It's a classic. Get outta here.

2 hours ago, Swed said:

I linked the pcmr wiki because the general consensus is that gaming headsets are not a good buy. You'll see any adult here make the same argument as well because they don't care about gaming brands like most of the squeakers in that thread.

I'm an adult :( 

But then again, I had very specific reasons for getting the headset that I did.

16 minutes ago, Moose said:

I'm an adult :( 

But then again, I had very specific reasons for getting the headset that I did.

The adult comment was about being smart and not being brand loyal.