Sign in to follow this  
Reaper0470

Poker Tourney Idea

So I was thinking we could schedule more poker tourneys throughout the year just without prizes. Leave prizes for specific points like steam sales and holidays. We pretty much always have a large turnout and this would allow people who haven't played to learn how and be a gathering of members to chill and have a fun competition for bragging rights. Be like a brofest only with cards.

2 hours ago, ChosenOne2000 said:

We used to do this, but not tournament style. I would set up a few private tables and we would play for fun. I'm willing to do this again if that's what people want. 

I know when I was running the tournaments I was doing to many in a short time period (I think 1 every 2 months?) and ended up putting prizes up myself most of the time. Even though prizes were scarce or just not worth much roughly 20-30 still showed up to play each time. People just love poker. Unlike other events you just play a fun game that gives bragging rights to winners without having to jump through hoops to win. Whether tournament style or just tables I feel quite confidant people would show up for a fun no prizes poker play with the community. People just need a time and date.