Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloodhound

Leaving for the Navy in February boys.

Hello sG, I just wanted to say I'm excited to finally have my ship date, February 14th I'll be heading out. It's weird to think that when I was accepted into sG, I was a vet tech and days away from proposing to my girlfriend of 5 years. Things ended up not working out and here I am. I've had a ton of fun being a part of this community and have made some hopefully life long friends. I hope to continue to have fun with you guys for years to come.

I'm going in as a PS, which is basically human resources for anyone in the Navy. Hoping to get stationed outside of the U.S. since I want to see a lot of places in the world. (Fucking Kuwait here I come)

Anyway, thanks for all the hours of fun you guys have given me and I hope we still have many more to come.

Sad to hear it didn't work out well, but good luck going forward.

I didn't really know who you were at all but if you're that excited to go traveling you should send us the cool pictures you take!

6 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Wait she turned down your proposal?

I didn't actually get to propose. We had differing outlooks on life after marriage and unfortunately we couldn't come to a compromise. She wanted a child right after and I wasn't ready to give that being as we weren't at our choice careers nor financially fit to have one. We were only 22? 23 at the time. 

8 minutes ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

MY BOY TAYLOR OOOOOOORNNNNNNNN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You spelled my last name wrong. It's Orndorf not OOOOOOORNNNNNNN

Good Luck and stay safe! My sister's husband is going to be stationed outside Australia for a while. Vehicle Technician for Marines. 

21 minutes ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

Orndwarf*. Kind of dissapointed you have not come to LA yet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

or down in Miami :(

Good luck tho BH

1 hour ago, Bloodhound said:

Hello sG, I just wanted to say I'm excited to finally have my ship date, February 14th I'll be heading out. It's weird to think that when I was accepted into sG, I was a vet tech and days away from proposing to my girlfriend of 5 years. Things ended up not working out and here I am. I've had a ton of fun being a part of this community and have made some hopefully life long friends. I hope to continue to have fun with you guys for years to come.

I'm going in as a PS, which is basically human resources for anyone in the Navy. Hoping to get stationed outside of the U.S. since I want to see a lot of places in the world. (Fucking Kuwait here I come)

Anyway, thanks for all the hours of fun you guys have given me and I hope we still have many more to come.

Hey it's B710 now! (Stupid as fuck I know) Let me know if you have any questions. I made 2nd in 2 years so I know my stuff. I was a prior PS but I'll soon be working in a PSD as a civilian. Also you wouldn't go to Kuwait ;) 

22 minutes ago, Chaulklet.Shake(Elmo) said:

Hey it's B710 now! (Stupid as fuck I know) Let me know if you have any questions. I made 2nd in 2 years so I know my stuff. I was a prior PS but I'll soon be working in a PSD as a civilian. Also you wouldn't go to Kuwait ;) 

Getting rid of rates just as I come in, what luck! Thanks man, I'll definitely keep you mind!

2 minutes ago, Bloodhound said:

Getting rid of rates just as I come in, what luck! Thanks man, I'll definitely keep you mind!

Also boot camp is cake. I think it's even easier now or so I heard. Lots of cardio and it's probably going to be cold in Feb. If you aren't already an E3, I highly suggest you try and get E3 out of boot. I'm not sure if it's still the same now as when I first joined but within the first week or so you will be given a test to advance to E2. If you're an E1 going in... PASS the test. It's the easiest way to pick up without having to wait 9 months from E1-E2.  If you're already an E3 going in.. don't worry about it. There's no need to take positions since you don't need to kiss ass to advance. Test consist of basic knowledge like rank and stuff like that. I didn't care for it since I came in an E3 but I remember it was easy. 

"A" school has changed since I joined so I can't add anything on that but all you have to know is that Meridan, MS is boring in the middle of nowhere but you'll eat good at the galley. Don't be one of those that find "love" since all you see is a bunch of cocks for 2 months and a 1 will suddenly turn into a 10.

That should answer the basic questions.. at least the questions I had going in.

9 minutes ago, Chaulklet.Shake(Elmo) said:

Also boot camp is cake. I think it's even easier now or so I heard. Lots of cardio and it's probably going to be cold in Feb. If you aren't already an E3, I highly suggest you try and get E3 out of boot. I'm not sure if it's still the same now as when I first joined but within the first week or so you will be given a test to advance to E2. If you're an E1 going in... PASS the test. It's the easiest way to pick up without having to wait 9 months from E1-E2.  If you're already an E3 going in.. don't worry about it. There's no need to take positions since you don't need to kiss ass to advance. Test consist of basic knowledge like rank and stuff like that. I didn't care for it since I came in an E3 but I remember it was easy. 

"A" school has changed since I joined so I can't add anything on that but all you have to know is that Meridan, MS is boring in the middle of nowhere but you'll eat good at the galley. Don't be one of those that find "love" since all you see is a bunch of cocks for 2 months and a 1 will suddenly turn into a 10.

That should answer the basic questions.. at least the questions I had going in.

I'm going in as an E-1 so I'll definitely look out for it. I have been fortunate enough to not have to work much until I leave, being able to live off of savings comfortably. So I'm not worried about the physical aspect of boot. As for some of the people I've seen at DEP meetings I wonder how the hell they are going to get through it.

That's what I heard from a lot of people after I signed at MEPs about Meridan. It's in the middle of nowhere but it's only for 5 weeks so I'm sure it won't be so bad. I wasn't supposed to ship until September but luckily my DAR got approved to the February date.