Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GossamerFox

My hopes and dreams

Nothing more than a dream 

FeelsBadMan

If I had this kind of money, this would be my build plus 2 monitors and some fancy keyboard. Totalling over $2150... smh

2048b3ea547086e3486cd8fdc7a87d69.png

5 minutes ago, Swed said:

3rd monitor + TV is at home :lul: 

6d8d1950e2.png

Holy shit. 

What's your opinion on the VG248? I was thinking about getting two of those if I suddenly won a large sum of money. 

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Still a pretty decent build, nbd.

I agree that it is a decent build. But when I think about hopes and dream I imagine 2TB SSDs.

3 minutes ago, GossamerFox said:

Holy shit. 

What's your opinion on the VG248? I was thinking about getting two of those if I suddenly won a large sum of money. 

I like it, gets the job done. The 3D is pointless imo, glasses cost 80$ :lul: 

2 minutes ago, Swed said:

The 3D is part of the reason why the monitor has a high refresh rate.

2 minutes ago, Swed said:

I don't think I'd ever use 3D.. On the flip side it seems like its one of the most highly rated monitors at the moment. I was originally thinking one of them, and then some office quality 60hz for whatever im multitasking on... This would drop the price a good $200 but would look out of place next to this build imo.

2 minutes ago, Musicfreak said:

If you're dreaming, why not Titan XPs in SLI? 

This is a practical dream... something I could actually afford if I get minimum wage job lmao

4 minutes ago, GossamerFox said:

This is a practical dream... something I could actually afford if I get minimum wage job lmao

Off the bat, why the hell are you paying almost $100 for windows? Pirate that shit. Its extremely easy. Don't burn Benjamin unnecessarily.  

2 minutes ago, Musicfreak said:

Off the bat, why the hell are you paying almost $100 for windows? Pirate that shit. Its extremely easy. Don't burn Benjamin unnecessarily.  

This is something I've thought about... but wouldn't risk with this much at stake. 

This is something I've thought about... but wouldn't risk with this much at stake. 

if you wanna pay for it you can get a key on g2a or kinguin; it worked for me

2 minutes ago, Piero said:

Thanks for mentioning this, I had no idea you could do that. Will definitely consider this. I've never had an issue getting games from g2a, I don't see how an OS is any different.

Straight up, you're risking nothing. I built a pc over the summer with a 1080, ssd, etc. I still didn't pay for windows. Why? Because why the hell would I pay for something when I can get it for free? Windows says I'm legitimately activated, I get updates like everyone else, there is literally no reason to pay for it. Microsoft makes the vast majority of their windows sales on corporations who have to buy several thousand licences of windows at a time. Save yourself the cash, and if you still feel the urge to give up your cash, do what Piero said and buy a key on g2a.

3 minutes ago, Musicfreak said:

Straight up, you're risking nothing. I built a pc over the summer with a 1080, ssd, etc. I still didn't pay for windows. Why? Because why the hell would I pay for something when I can get it for free? Windows says I'm legitimately activated, I get updates like everyone else, there is literally no reason to pay for it. Microsoft makes the vast majority of their windows sales on corporations who have to buy several thousand licences of windows at a time. Save yourself the cash, and if you still feel the urge to give up your cash, do what Piero said and buy a key on g2a.

Damn. Alright, i'll look into it. Really appreciate the other perspective here, thanks

12 hours ago, Funger said:

I agree that it is a decent build. But when I think about hopes and dream I imagine 2TB SSDs.

pfft... You need nvme. Or the 2TB one for double the price...

12 hours ago, Musicfreak said:

Hey, we don't condone pirating here at saved gamers. Please don't encourage this.

Overall, decent build to work towards. I would go up to at least a 500GB SSD, and honestly preferably an nvme one (the one I linked, just smaller - 256 in that is reasonably priced (or even the 500, the prices will continue to drop and be very reasonable by the time you can build something like this..)). Also I've loved the h100i but I know a lot of people have an h60, which I've heard works really well, especially if your case doesn't have the space for the bigger one. Another thing to note (I didn't look at your case at all) but when I had a mid tower case, my video card had maybe an inch at most clearance... It was a tight fit.. Just make sure whatever case you go with when you do a build has plenty of room.

12 hours ago, Piero said:

Be careful if you go this route. If you make a major hardware change at all (motherboard is the usual culprit), you have to buy a new key because they sell OEM keys for those prices and microsoft will not help you if you run into an issue. Even at key number 2 the full license becomes nice to have and can be less of a headache in the long run, especially where microsoft is trying to make W10 their last standalone OS

7 hours ago, Moose said:

Hey, we don't condone pirating here at saved gamers. Please don't encourage this.

z2CvR6.gif

On 11/30/2016 at 11:20 AM, Roflstomp said:

Be careful if you go this route. If you make a major hardware change at all (motherboard is the usual culprit), you have to buy a new key because they sell OEM keys for those prices and microsoft will not help you if you run into an issue. Even at key number 2 the full license becomes nice to have and can be less of a headache in the long run, especially where microsoft is trying to make W10 their last standalone OS

I hear Linux is free, too bad drivers and game support are still crap. 

If you're planning on going the Windows route Rofl is correct. Any hardware change could result in needing a new copy of Windows for an OEM key.