Sign in to follow this  
Swed

[War3 Event Idea] Around the Realm

Ok, so this idea will require some plugin work, but seems possible.

At any time during the event period, a player can type !atr and being his attempt for the event.

Typing !atr sets your race to the first race in the server(Human Alliance) at the beginning of the next round.

Every time you get a kill, your race is changed to the next race in the race list, and weapon/item restrictions are applied. This continues on for the duration of the map, with a print to chat upon map finish stating the number of races completed and the current race.

Users will screenshot this print to avoid working with databases, and post the screenshots in a thread with an updated daily/hourly etc top 10 list. Top of the list at the end of the event will receive prizes.

-- --

So it's pretty much gun game for war3, but what this event rewards is skill, rather than playtime. Each attempt only lasts the duration of one map and the more people on the server means there is more room for advancement per round.

So it encourages good qualities in a week long competition while only rewarding those who play more with more attempts.

1 minute ago, Face said:

same

1 hour ago, skitt said:

same

great minds think alike i believe 

same

15 minutes ago, GossamerFox said:

Would each race be maxed out regardless of usage before the event? 

No, I think that would be too much to manage for a small plugin.

1 minute ago, Swed said:

No, I think that would be too much to manage for a small plugin.

That's true. This provides an advantage to old players though, with all the skills and abilities maxed (plus expertises). I hope you find a way to level the playing field, will definitely participate when/if this event happens!

18 hours ago, Swed said:

Users will screenshot this print to avoid working with databases, and post the screenshots in a thread with an updated daily/hourly etc top 10 list. Top of the list at the end of the event will receive prizes.

I think with a new DB column this could be made more interesting. Using gold as the current race ID and the new DB column as how many rounds it has taken you so far, you could have the prizes go to those who finish the tour in the fewest number of rounds instead of the most number of races in one map. Because let's face it, nobody is ever going to get hundreds of kills in one map, so this contest would be limited to the first few dozen races.

In other words, when you have the contest active (it would have to be optional) you progress through the races as you said, but when your XP saves it also saves your current race and the number of rounds you have been trying to go around the realm. Then when you reconnect or the map changes, you pick off where you left off. There'd also have to be a command to reset your current progress.

Ideally there would also be a DB entry for the fewest number of rounds you took to get a kill on the last available race.

But if all this is too much, if Face does it your way (per map) then your highest score for the event could be saved in gold to avoid having to take screenshots.

1 hour ago, thorgot said:

I think with a new DB column this could be made more interesting. Using gold as the current race ID and the new DB column as how many rounds it has taken you so far, you could have the prizes go to those who finish the tour in the fewest number of rounds instead of the most number of races in one map. Because let's face it, nobody is ever going to get hundreds of kills in one map, so this contest would be limited to the first few dozen races.

In other words, when you have the contest active (it would have to be optional) you progress through the races as you said, but when your XP saves it also saves your current race and the number of rounds you have been trying to go around the realm. Then when you reconnect or the map changes, you pick off where you left off. There'd also have to be a command to reset your current progress.

Ideally there would also be a DB entry for the fewest number of rounds you took to get a kill on the last available race.

But if all this is too much, if Face does it your way (per map) then your highest score for the event could be saved in gold to avoid having to take screenshots.

Thanks for the input, it's highly appreciated!

You're definitely right, there's ways to expand this and make it easier with DB entries. However, if this idea is taken seriously and implemented, I'd like it to start out simple just to get a feel for how it plays before we add DB entries.