Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ordinarygamer96

Fantastic Beasts(Spoilers)

SpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilers

So I just got back from seeing the movie (School sells tickets for 4 dollars each) I was never a huge Harry Potter fanboy but I liked the movies and read some of the books. Overall I can say the movie both stands on its own and expands the mythology of the world. I liked the setting and combination of 1920's new york and magical culture. The characters were all good even though none really stood out besides the main guy. The beasts themselves were all really great and added variety. The ending though definitely feels like more of the start to a series than an end of a movie which is both good and bad. Also a couple little nitpicks. The new main monster thing was an interesting addition to the lore but also feels like something outside the Potter world to me for some reason. Its just so powerful(I know its supposed to be above average power) and seems like something that however rare would have been mentioned in the Potter books. I guess in things like this I always worry about the greater lore than just enjoying it.