Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jehovas witness

I Need Help Building A PC

I need help building a pc and i have little to no experience on doing so. i have no one in my family/real life friends to help me with so i'm on my own on physically building it. I have asked other people via TeamSpeak and i learned a little. but i still need a lot of help. i have about 750$ (really trying to get 800$+) and i plan to buy all the parts on cyber monday/black friday (November 28th and 25th). A lot of people have been telling me to go to pcpartpicker , but i don't know all the parts I am supposed to get. i already have a mouse, headset and keyboard. i would very appreciate if some would give some 1 on 1 assistance, or just any assistance at all would be very helpful. my steam is https://steamcommunity.com/id/JehovasWitness/ if u would be very kind to help me. (i will most likely be online)

$800 just for the pc alone right? If so i will come back and update this comment with the parts i would choose. And also do you care of it looks good or about how big the pc is?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/     This  may even be overkill for 1080p gaming, this will be able to play any game at 1080p MAX setting over 80 fps. 1440p it will play max settings above 60fps.

You can pretty much learn how to physically build off of just watching videos once you have the parts. 

As for getting the parts on a list pcpartpicker will tell you if the parts you've chosen are compatible with each other. It'll also add the prices and stuff together and organize it. 

Heres a basic guide i found on building a gaming PC that may help you  http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-build-a-gaming-pc-a-beginners-guide/

6 minutes ago, Musicfreak said:

You can get a pc for that price, but I would recommend getting 1000+. The difference will be noticeable. 

i was thinking of doing that, but it would take months, and i will just add on to it in the future

I don't really know too many good mother boards but if your looking for a dece graphics card in your price range I would suggest the 1050ti 4gb gpu. It's incredibly easy to install with no extra power hookup needed, which means all you have to do is insert it into your mobo and your good to go. It also has low power usage so you wont have to worry about it interfering with your psu (power supply) even though a 500 watt psu is fairly cheap.

I have found some Titans at a really really good price if you want to extend your budget. If not, 980s are really all you need for gaming.

2 hours ago, reX Jay jr. said:

Good graphics card personally for that price range like a gtx 750 ti

1050's just came out starting at like $130 or something. 

3 hours ago, Rainsurge said:

I don't really know too many good mother boards but if your looking for a dece graphics card in your price range I would suggest the 1050ti 4gb gpu. It's incredibly easy to install with no extra power hookup needed, which means all you have to do is insert it into your mobo and your good to go. It also has low power usage so you wont have to worry about it interfering with your psu (power supply) even though a 500 watt psu is fairly cheap.

Yes but he can get a MUCH MUCH more powerful graphics card in his price range that will max out any game that is thrown at him.

Yeah pcpartpicker is a good resource. In addition to that if you're not understanding what the parts are for or are brand new I like reddit's r/buildapc's intros and guides and if you want some examples of already made build lists, here's some good builds lists with different price points. And for what others have said I kinda disagree with rex's suggestion of the 750ti since newer options are available for Gpus like the RX 480 or the Gtx 1060 have come out. Good luck with your build.

i just built my mom a pc (sans gfx card) for ~400 (she's using the skylake intel video, Intel HD Graphics 530)

cpu: i3-6100 @ 115.95

case: rosewill black SECC redbone U3 @ 49.99

Cooler: DeepCool CPU Cooler GAMMAXX 200t @ 16.99

HDD: WD Blue 1TB @ 49.39

PSU: Antec VP-450 @ 37.86

Mobo: Asus Z170-P @ 101.58

RAM: Viper Elite 8G DC Kit @ 36.99

total: 408.75

she used an existing monitor she had, some dell 21" but you can buy like 20-27" monitors for 100-300 now

you can pick up a GTX 950 for ~150

if you're looking @ 1440p i think the monitor would still be in that price range (perhaps not at 27") and you'd probably want a gtx 1060 (or wait on the 1050) although, i suppose the radeon rx 480 might work in this too, but i dont purchase AMD products so i dont know.

i bought everything from amazon except the mobo which i bought on newegg (there was a sale, i suggest the hoverhound chrome addon when you're shopping between the sites) 

untitled.png

1 hour ago, Revöker said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kHRx2R

Its $800 but you could mod it (take the 480 and turn it into a 470) or not get the SSD, but i think having an SSD is really worth it, even though if you've never done storage sorting it can be difficult.

I agree with everything you and @FreeLancer suggested (coincidentally the same) , but the video card and power supply. the video card, i think, is a little too expensive. The video card @Rainsurge suggested was in my price range. The power supply looks good, but someone suggested to me to get the G1 series with the 750w instead, it's about the same price. And also, because I am trying to save as much money as possible, i'm considering getting the RAM @driz suggested, but I cant find it anywhere. Other then that, I am really considering buying this build.

3 minutes ago, jehovas witness said:

I agree with everything you and @FreeLancer suggested (coincidentally the same) , but the video card and power supply. the video card, i think, is a little too expensive. The video card @Rainsurge suggested was in my price range. The power supply looks good, but someone suggested to me to get the G1 series with the 750w instead, it's about the same price. And also, because I am trying to save as much money as possible, i'm considering getting the RAM @driz suggested, but I cant find it anywhere. Other then that, I am really considering buying this build.

iF not that graphics card get this one on sale http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137033&cm_re=msi_gtx_1060-_-14-137-033-_-Product

21 hours ago, jehovas witness said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0196AWLGK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the ram won the thg 2016 EC award. it's pretty nice considering how dirt cheap it is.   dont go overboard on PSU power, power supplies should be ~85% utilized for maximum life and efficiency. if you buy 1000w and need 200w you're hurting your psu.