Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velo

Metallica thread

I feel a little awkward putting this in pub instead of dedicated jazz club subforum but if weebs can post stuff in here, I can too. Anywho, I wanna know what you guys think of the new songs from 'Hardwired (to self destruct)' album. Iirc, it is going to be released sometime in November. Personally I feel like it's half Death Magnetic, half Load/Reload (might as well be the same fucking album) and lars being shit as usual.

Below are songs released so far.

Spill the beans.

I'm looking forward to it...

I really liked death magnetic, but some thrash is a nice change, too.

I'm fucking pumped. These songs have all been fuckin great in my book. It feels like they took Reload and threw it in a blender with the first four albums. Moth to Flame is my favorite of the three so far. I pre-ordered the deluxe CD.. I've been actively harassing @Travesty to check private trackers for music to see if it leaked yet. I got Death Magnetic a week or so before it was released, hoping I can do the same with this one. 

54 minutes ago, Clamps said:

I'm fucking pumped. These songs have all been fuckin great in my book. It feels like they took Reload and threw it in a blender with the first four albums. Moth to Flame is my favorite of the three so far. I pre-ordered the deluxe CD.. I've been actively harassing @Travesty to check private trackers for music to see if it leaked yet. I got Death Magnetic a week or so before it was released, hoping I can do the same with this one. 

If you have any luck with that, PM me

I'll keep checking for you guys too!

I think Atlas, Rise is my favorite so far.  Just has such a good feel to it.  Very similar to the Death Magnetic that I loved.

Listening to Atlas, Rise again, I'm reminded of Iron Maiden. Particularly Hallowed be thy name

14 minutes ago, Velo said:

Listening to Atlas, Rise again, I'm reminded of Iron Maiden. Particularly Hallowed be thy name

Thats the running consensus. Its definitely got some Maiden tones to it. I think ranking them so far its Moth, Hardwired, then Atlas. But I really am enjoying all of them so far. 

I'm gonna get so much shit for saying this, i can see it now. 

I personally don't like these new songs or albums. I think Metallica were at their best peak back in the 80s, and even better with Cliff in the band. I just prefer listening to their old songs compared to their new. 

21 minutes ago, trigger.exe said:

I personally don't like these new songs or albums. I think Metallica were at their best peak back in the 80s, and even better with Cliff in the band. I just prefer listening to their old songs compared to their new. 

I'm not going to shit on you for that. Can definitely see where you're coming from. They've changed directions big time and looking at their situation, I feel like it's for the better as we'd probably end up with another st anger if they had not. Let's face it, James can't really hit high notes anymore like he used to in the 80's and Lars has trouble keeping up sometimes though you don't notice that too much in studio albums. Can commend James for kicking alcohol, but that's what made their concerts good back in the day. Well, that and Jason. See Live Shit: Binge & Purge Mexico city.. This one in particular:

Get yourself a cold one and watch it in full when you get a chance. Still have this on cassette somewhere :)

21 minutes ago, trigger.exe said:

Entitled to your opinion and all that fun stuff.

8 minutes ago, Velo said:

I'm not going to shit on you for that. Can definitely see where you're coming from. They've changed directions big time and looking at their situation, I feel like it's for the better as we'd probably end up with another st anger if they had not. Let's face it, James can't really hit high notes anymore like he used to in the 80's and Lars has trouble keeping up sometimes though you don't notice that too much in studio albums. Can commend James for kicking alcohol, but that's what made their concerts good back in the day. See Live Shit: Binge & Purge Mexico city.. This one in particular:

Get yourself a cold one and watch it in full when you get a chance. Still have this on cassette somewhere :)

The thing to really focus on is James is in his 50's and also blew out his vocals when he was younger. He legit HAD to change his singing style after that. 

Load and Reload were not my cup of tea by a long shot. And I chalked it up to an incredibly successful band trying out different styles. St. Anger was an abortion by every measure and I totally blame that on Bob Rock (seriously fuck that guy). I thought Death Magnetic was a definitely step back in the right direction, and I'm further impressed by what they've been releasing so far with this album.