Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESDaman

War3 maps

From what I've heard (and played when an admins switches the map) there are quite a few maps from the older opertaions already installed on the server. Could we remove the 5 least played maps and add 5 maps from a forum vote of already installed maps?

Maps to remove or similar maps:

de_cambodia_final
de_bagra_rc1
de_amiaz_beta
de_kyrenia
de_haven_v3

All of the above have not made it to two days play time per GameMe.

I have not cross referenced with the server to see if they're still active, but they all sound familiar from the nominate list.

Also maps like thunder and hangemlow hardly ever make it through all the rounds without an rtv.

Maps from operations that I think would work well with War3:

Operation Payback:

Downtown

Favela

Motel - Everyone liked it, but it killed the server, so somebody would have to recode.

Museum

Seaside

Operation Bravo:

Ali

Chinatown

Gwalior

Breakout

Blackgold

Castle

Instertion - Everyone seemed to hate it though. (neko's shadow lurker phase)

Mist

Of course my personal preferences go into those selections. Also am not sure if they are all still on the server.

If I were to choose from the new maps based on what I remember players liking:

Seaside

Favela

Gwalior

Blackgold

Mist

I think the best way would be to vote for swaps. For example, have a poll to vote for 5 out of 10 maps to be removed, and add 5 of 10 maps.

Or slowly phase out the least played maps one or two at a time. There are plenty we MIGHT play only once a week

Gotta fix spawn point problems with a lot of those maps.

There's plugins to add spawn points, but they require no block. So I guess I'll have to code my own at some point (if I can). We've needed it for a while.

Get rid of coldwater, it's filled with broken skyboxes and textures.

I don't think variety of map selection is an issue right now. Of course it would be nice to have more good maps, but usually what kills the server is when no one nominates a map, and the server changes to a bad map (ex: coldwater). 

8 hours ago, zebra said:

Get rid of coldwater, it's filled with broken skyboxes and textures.

I don't think variety of map selection is an issue right now. Of course it would be nice to have more good maps, but usually what kills the server is when no one nominates a map, and the server changes to a bad map (ex: coldwater). 

I think if there was more of a variety of better maps, office and italy spam would go down a little.

23 hours ago, Face said:

There's plugins to add spawn points, but they require no block. So I guess I'll have to code my own at some point (if I can). We've needed it for a while.

I am not sure if I am retarded or not but I believe @bulletford made such a plugin for the TTTGO server. (pretty sure we have block on there)

1 minute ago, Jodas said:

I am not sure if I am retarded or not but I believe @bulletford made such a plugin for the TTTGO server. (pretty sure we have block on there)

He's made the plug in since that post.

Sounds like what bullet did won't work like what I'm looking for. There's still other options, and I think I know what Im going to do. It's just gonna be like a small project. Not something I can do overnight I don't think

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, ESDaman said:

Bump. Because I'm serious about this.

We should honestly take out cs_italy.

16 hours ago, Bite said:

We should honestly take out cs_italy.

Honestly, the only reason why I keep nominating them is because it's funny.  When I first got supporter, I did it cause I actually liked playing on the Italys.  Now it's just funny cause people get mad when the server actually votes to stay there for 3+ maps.

I haven't noticed that Italy actually kills the server like dolls does.  Which I totally did the same thing to and still do occasionally.  Half the server doesn't like dolls and we'll go there and people actually leave.  A significant number, unlike Italy.

If staff is actually thinking about getting rid of one of the Italys, perhaps change supporter abilities to not being able to nominate a map that was played within the past 3-4 map cycles.

I am totally one of the problems as to why Italy is overplayed and I admit it.  It's too fucking funny.

Since the start of this thread, several war3 maps have been removed and some new ones have been added. I am closing this thread to clean up the map suggestions forum. If there are still some maps you would like added or removed, please make a new thread.