Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hapy sand

Night GMod Servers

I'm kind of wondering if we should somehow figure out how to get SO's, Admins, and/or staff to monitor the WEST sG server at night. I know that some of the staff, SO's, and Admins have jobs. I think this would be a great idea so we don't have as much cheaters and such. I get kind of annoyed of these cheaters, too.

On top of most of us having jobs, school recently started back up :/

I'm assuming you meant RDMers when you said cheaters.  When there are no admins on and someone is RDMing, you can take screenshots of the damage logs (or you can look up the damage logs here http://assets.joinsg.net/tttdamage/ ) and report that player by posting a complaint in this thread http://www.joinsg.net/forums/forum/29-complaint-department/ 

Please read this before reporting 

Thanks!

^^^

If someone is Mass RDMing or constantly breaking rules, report them in the Complaint Department with proof.

Other than that, there can't always be an admin on 24/7. Believe it or not, some of us have lives outside of video games.

Another thing you should do is add some SO's/Paidmins on your friends list. That way if someone is RDMing and you see them on, you can give them a quick message asking them to come on.

People still think that I'm an SO.

If the problem continues to get worse, let me know. I'll gladly re-apply for an Server Officer position again to control the graveyard shift. I'm a night owl, I just stepped down because it was getting hard to both control a server and try to get sleep, but if it needs to happen, I'll do as much as I can to help.

12 hours ago, hapy sand said:

I'm kind of wondering if we should somehow figure out how to get SO's, Admins, and/or staff to monitor the WEST sG server at night. I know that some of the staff, SO's, and Admins have jobs. I think this would be a great idea so we don't have as much cheaters and such. I get kind of annoyed of these cheaters, too.

I am honestly on my computer 3/4 of the day and it is mostly night time. Stating that, I am mostly doing homework as I have 7 classes this semester for my program so I stay off for a certain period before coming back to finish it. BUT, I do get on when someone messages me on steam or discord when it gets hectic and try to stay on at the same time doing my homework as difficult as that can be.
Sidenote: Buying admin is an idea that could solve this problem if you are on the dead hours of the night.
Sidenote 2: I'm also usually up until 9am-12pm EST. My classes end at 6-7pm EST. That should give you a good time window when you could get to me, at least.